2011 Team Canada U18 - Preliminary Lineup

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Brossoit looked really good in goal against Red Deer the other night. He is a big guy too (6'3 210). I'd think he would get a look.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Brent Andrews and Charles Hudon (94) will be on the team as far as Q prospect (as of now)

i predict (non educated guess since i don't know the ohl and whl as well as the Q) that 6 players from the Q would be on the team

G Robert Steeves
F Charles Hudon
F Brent Andrews
F Olivier Archambault
F Raphael Bussiere
D Guillaume Cloutier / Jimmy Oligny (one of the two to win a spot to play a depth role on D since the Def corps look deep from the 2 other league)

Full article here

Last edited:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Brent Andrews and Charles Hudon (94s) will be on the team as far as Q prospect (as of now)

i predict (non educated guess since i don't know the ohl and whl as well as the Q) that 6 players from the Q would be on the team

G Robert Steeves
F Charles Hudon
F Brent Andrews
F Olivier Archambault
F Raphael Bussiere
D Guillaume Cloutier / Jimmy Oligny (one of the two to win a spot to play a depth role on D since the Def corps look deep from the 2 other league)

Full article here

Brent Andrews is a 93

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Brent Andrews and Charles Hudon (94) will be on the team as far as Q prospect (as of now)

G Robert Steeves
F Charles Hudon
F Brent Andrews
F Olivier Archambault
F Raphael Bussiere

Full article here

Any chance they add Mackinnon to this team if he is available?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Exciting to see the possibility of 4 Soo Greyhounds on the squad: Daniel Catenacci, Nick Cousins, Ryan Sproul, and David Broll. Catenacci is the only "lock", with Cousins and Sproul each having a shot, and Broll a slight possibility because of his size and physicality.

ohlguy

Oct 18, 2010
Oshawa
It would be great for those passionate fans up in the Soo to have something to cheer about if these four players represent the Greyhounds. IMO Cousins could make it, but his skating on the big ice might hold him back. Sproul has a 50/50 chance and Broll is a question mark. Good luck to all these boys!

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I agree on Sproul being 50/50 and Broll is a question mark, his skating is not bad for a big guy, but at 6 foot 220 lbs.. he's not exactly wheelin around. Cousins skating is a little average.. but he does have some great play making skills and scored more goals then Catenacci (who should be a lock). Either way just one player making the team is a great sign for the Hounds organization, anything extra is just icing.

Last edited:

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Ya prob a longshot i guess.....

Anybody know of a '94 or two that might be named? Are there any '94's available that are high end?.....USA is inviting Jones and Samuelsson for sure as 2 of their 94's.

you can listen to Kevin Prendergast (the guy putting the team together) who was on the pipeline show this morning. He did talk about a few 94 and also confirmed Malcolm Subban will be one of his goaltender.

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips/season_6/Kevin_Prendergast_Apr2.mp3

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
i doubt hockey canada will do it but Mackinnon was pretty good at the u-17

Ya, I cant see him being on the roster. The only other 15 year old who played in the U-18's was John Tavares, and he had just finished a year in the O. Playing against CHL rookies in the U-17 is one thing, but the U-18 is a different level, there are Europeans with pro games on their belt

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Ya prob a longshot i guess.....

Anybody know of a '94 or two that might be named? Are there any '94's available that are high end?.....USA is inviting Jones and Samuelsson for sure as 2 of their 94's.

A longshot, but maybe Sean Monahan from the 67's?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Not much up front other than;

Daniel Catenacci
Michael St Croix
Mark McNeill

Mark Scheifele and Brett Ritchie from the OHL too, with the former being a potential first round pick.

I'm not even sure St. Croix is a lock to make this team. If you listened to Prendergast on the Pipeline show, he mentioned St. Croix as an after thought when Guy and him were talking about Oil Kings' chances to make the team. Conversely, Travis Ewanyk was the first guy he mentioned (and it was confirmed recently he made the team). Read into that what you will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->