GDT: 2011 Draft Day Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
A trade with the Sharks would mean Calgary would definitely have to take salary back. Plus the Sharks don't have anyone like Adams to include.

Feaster and Wilson were just seen talking. I'm sure Feaster is just seeing what they would offer. I don't think San Jose can match anything close to Buffalo's package.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Feaster and Wilson were just seen talking. I'm sure Feaster is just seeing what they would offer. I don't think San Jose can match anything close to Buffalo's package.

Apparently it was "heated" and Wilson was also on the phone? I believe

Aug 3, 2010
Oh I know they are looking for a D-man. I was just making a crack, since they're both big guys. But yeah...curious to know what San Jose could be offering for Reggie? There really isn't much on the Sharks that I have major interest in.

Just to follow up on this line of inquiry by Feaster/Wilson, I guess...
Again, I'm thinking it MUST be players for players if it's San Jose.

So, I'm not looking at cap numbers, but here's a quick shortlist of players I'd like in no particular order.... realistic or unrealistic as they might be.

For Regehr or Bouwmeester (Not for all the players in the list of course) :

Clowe
Couture
Ferriero
Setoguchi <--- Just got traded in a package for Brent Burns! DAMN IT!
Marleau :naughty:
Pavelski
2012 picks

DAMN IT THEY JUST MADE THIS ENTIRE POST IRRELEVANT! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Twitter

ToriePetersonTorie Peterson

Baertschi can't keep the smile off his face. Hectic but exciting post-draft routine #FlamesDraft

ToriePetersonTorie Peterson

"It's just so special ... so special to be a Flame." - Sven Baertschi #FlamesDraft

Nice to hear, he's obviously excited to be a Flame.

Triple Deke

Nov 28, 2006
Calgary
With all the chatter surrounding the Flames and with the number of trades going on today, I'm surprised Feaster hasn't gotten a deal done...yet.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Twitter

Nice to hear, he's obviously excited to be a Flame.

great to hear, i cant wait to see what kind of numbers he puts up next season after guys like Johansen and Neidereiter are off the team. He should finally get a chance to be "the guy". Very clutch in the playoffs.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
With all the chatter surrounding the Flames and with the number of trades going on today, I'm surprised Feaster hasn't gotten a deal done...yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal still done with Buffalo. I could see Feaster starting to push Reggie hard towards waiving. We could potentially gain an entire 2nd line out of this draft with Bartschi, Adam and Armia from Buffalo.

Aug 3, 2010
Well, with the moves Minnesota made, I think Vancouver will have a harder time in the Northwest division in 2011-2012. I think Edmonton will pick up some points, Calgary can still fight, and Minnesota is arguably second place in the Northwest on paper.

Colorado... well, let's see who Colorado gets for a goaltender first.

Aug 3, 2010
Darren Dreger
Robyn Regehr has agreed to waive his no-move and will accept trade to Buffalo. Kotalik involved as well.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Still Available:

Grimaldi
Jenner
Saad
Rattie
Jurco
Jaskin
Catenacci
Kholachev
Ritchie
Rask
Kucherov
Nieto
St. Croix
Sproul
Ambroz
Shore
Nermark
Musil

We are gonna get a legit prospect or 2.

GoFlames

Jul 2, 2008
Calgary
great to hear, i cant wait to see what kind of numbers he puts up next season after guys like Johansen and Neidereiter are off the team. He should finally get a chance to be "the guy". Very clutch in the playoffs.

I like having more clutch guys. It would be great to see him get into the Flames along with the likes of Backlund, Wahl and Howse. I like the pick.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Please Ty Rattie

and big no to Saad until the 4th round

I'd be fine with Saad. With this team drafting bartschi and possibly (for the love of god i hope) trading for Tyler Ennis, his size would be a great addition to the prospect pool. Im also still for drafting Seth Ambroz with our 57th pick.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I'd be fine with Saad. With this team drafting bartschi and possibly (for the love of god i hope) trading for Tyler Ennis, his size would be a great addition to the prospect pool. Im also still for drafting Seth Ambroz with our 57th pick.

I don't see any drive in Saads game and for him to fall this far with no obvious concerns tells me that teams are seeing him coast instead of being motivated by letting his value slip.

With the top 60 in this draft all looking to have a decent shot at the nhl I'd really like to take guys that are going to work hard and increase their value.

Doogee

Cammy!
May 30, 2009
Melbourne
Granlund, that's who i hope we take.

4. Markus Granlund, C, HIFK A Junior
5'10 170 4/16/93
Oulu, FI

Markus, like his brother Mikael, moved to HIFK in Helsinki prior to the 2009-10 season. While it is unfair to compare Markus Granlund to his extremely talented older brother (Mikael cracked HIFK's SM-Liiga lineup as a seventeen-year old and played for Finland's World championship squad this past spring), the younger Granlund is a skilled player who skates well. Markus Granlund has consistently put up scoring numbers at the junior level and is a gifted playmaker who creates chances and makes the players around him better.

Granlund led the HIFK A junior squad with 52 points in just 40 games - scoring 20 goals with 32 assists. He was equally impressive for Team Finland at the World U-18 championship, scoring two goals with eight assists. Though not yet physically developed as a player, Granlund does not shy away from physical play and is willing to compete in small spaces. His 49 penalty minutes were third most on the HIFK squad.

Central Scouting rated Markus Granlund ninth amongst European skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00