GDT: 2011 Draft Day Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Can't wait to see what the Flames do today, in terms of drafting and deals.

So glad I got the day off work, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get anything done, lol.

Nice, I'm the manager where I work. I might pull rank and sneak out myself. :laugh:

I'm really excited to see how today all shakes out.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
HF Boards needs one of those quick buttons that brings up a spread sheet onto your screen like ESPN has. That way when the boss comes strolling around, you just hit that quickly and it looks like your busy working during these days :D

Xelstyle

Jan 23, 2011
Chair and a Desk
At least you guys got access to a computer...I'll be stuck working two different part time jobs over the summer, and they both happen to be on Draft Day. :facepalm:

papaphilly

Dec 15, 2010
HF Boards needs one of those quick buttons that brings up a spread sheet onto your screen like ESPN has. That way when the boss comes strolling around, you just hit that quickly and it looks like your busy working during these days :D

Just press: Alt -Tab. Been helping me get through the work day...everyday :)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You guys are lucky. I don't have Internet privileges at work so I brought an iPod cable and I'll just surf on my phone all day lol.

I really want Feaster to draft a forward. I know guys like Siemens are supposed to be good, but damn it, draft some forwards. Those are what we need.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Disagree, we have 5-6 forward prospects with a decent NHL chance right now, Nemisz, Bouma, Wahl, Howse and his Czech buddy, and Reinhart. Our only D prospect with an NHL chance is looking like Brodie right now. The departure of Erixon, Babchuk, maybe Regehr, Sarich has 1 more year. We desperately need defense now and in the future unless Gio-Bouwmeester are going to play 45 mins a night.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Debating calling in to work for this hmmm.. Draft or work 3-11, tempting

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I'm thinking Murphy or Beaulieu.

There are a few forwards who I think will be available that I'd rather take than Beaulieu. All the D beyond Larsson and Murphy seem underwhelming (either really strong in one aspect of their game, or simply good in all) and I'd rather go for a guy like Armia instead. Defensemen can be found in the later rounds, or via undrafted means (Brodie, Aulie, Giordano, Wilson are all NHL defensemen our scouts have been able to find).

I'm less concerned with having to fill out the bottom 4 defense in the near future than I am about finding more sure options for the top 6 forwards.

DouglasQuaid

Blabbed about Mars
May 8, 2010
4 days off beginning today... excited for both the patio beers, and Jay Feaster blowing my mind at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad