GDT: 2011 Draft Day Thread

Aug 3, 2010
Bärtschi doesn't look too excited to be honest.

No offense meant here, but are we going down this road again...? :shakehead Well.. at least Feaster knows how to deal with that type of situation already. Look forward to more 2nd round picks!

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
despite his average size, don't hold that against him, he's a good goal scorer and point producer....Jay's right, the Flames need to draft skill, and Sven will give you that when he's NHL ready. good pick!

Seems like you followed him more closely, so is it true, that he is close to NHL-ready? Believe to have read this somewhere.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Armia has a ton of potential, but he could end up being a bust. Bartschi is almost gauranteed to be a top 6 winger. Armia could have the higher potential of the 2, but Bartschi still brings a ton of skill, speed and goal scoring and is the safer pick of the two. I really like this pick!

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
No offense meant here, but are we going down this road again...? :shakehead Well.. at least Feaster knows how to deal with that type of situation already. Look forward to more 2nd round picks!

Just my impression, when I watched the interview. Might as well be, that he was just overwhelmed by the entire situation or his humble self.

Aug 3, 2010
Just my impression, when I watched the interview. Might as well be, that he was just overwhelmed by the entire situation or his humble self.

Don't really know if it should be brought up, that's all. The loss of Erixon was hard, the entire process felt like a colorectal exam...

...Still want Armia, damn it. He can be our new... Lombardi. :D

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Armia has a ton of potential, but he could end up being a bust. Bartschi is almost gauranteed to be a top 6 winger. Armia could have the higher potential of the 2, but Bartschi still brings a ton of skill, speed and goal scoring and is the safer pick of the two. I really like this pick!
My thoughts exactly, I'm really pleased with this pick. You can't really go wrong with this guy. I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the table.

Aug 3, 2010
Buffalo would like to announce a trade. :D Yes. They. Would. Right? Right? With the Calgary Flames? :D :D :D

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
Armia is still available at 16, so I see lots of potential for "what could have been, if ..." discussions in the future...

Triple Deke

Nov 28, 2006
Calgary
Feaster had a couple of options available, but Bartschi is a good pick.
Skilled forward that is developing in the Dub.
Should be a good fit here when he's ready.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if Feaster told Buffalo to draft Armia lol, if the Regehr deal still goes down maybe he still ends up on our team along with Adam?

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
I wonder if Feaster told Buffalo to draft Armia lol, if the Regehr deal still goes down maybe he still ends up on our team along with Adam?

Would be stupid from the Sabres' perspective. If Regehr nixes the trade, they might end up with a prospect that they do not really want, although Armia seems like a good pick at this point.

Aug 3, 2010
:cry:

Apparently Feaster having a heated conversation with Sharks GM Wilson

Are they having a heated conversation about a trade or who is picking up the iHop bill at the end of the night?

Sharks are known to be looking for a defenceman. Calgary could shrug off Sarich, Bouwmeester, or Regehr, I'm pretty sure, depending on the kind of return Calgary is looking for... The Flames could even throw in one of Hagman/Kotalik/Stajan. But again, what kind of return is Feaster looking for, you have to wonder? Draft's started. Prospects, maybe, but not likely. I think it's players for players, but what does San Jose have that Calgary would like, and personally, I don't want to see Heatley in Flames' red.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Sharks are known to be looking for a defenceman. Calgary could shrug off Sarich, Bouwmeester, or Regehr, I'm pretty sure, depending on the kind of return Calgary is looking for... The Flames could even throw in one of Hagman/Kotalik/Stajan. But again, what kind of return is Feaster looking for, you have to wonder? Draft's started. Prospects, maybe, but not likely. I think it's players for players, but what does San Jose have that Calgary would like, and personally, I don't want to see Heatley in Flames' red.

Oh I know they are looking for a D-man. I was just making a crack, since they're both big guys. But yeah...curious to know what San Jose could be offering for Reggie? There really isn't much on the Sharks that I have major interest in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00