2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Brendan Burke also signs with portland

"The Portland Winterhawks have signed G Brendan Burke, the 49th overall pick in the 2010 bantam draft. He is the son of former NHL G Sean Burke. Brendan played this season with the Phoenix Junior Coyotes of the Midwest Elite Hockey League, going 9-10-3, 3.39, .862. He helped his team to the championship game in the Rocky Mountain District tournament, featuring some of the top midget AAA teams from the western United States. In the tournament, he was 2-1, 1.97, .930, with one shutout. Burke attended a tryout camp for the Under-17 U.S. National Development Team, but chose to sign with the Winterhawks. . . ."

from the best WHL writer, Greg Drinnan.

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2011/04/thursday_22.html

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Chatham has reportedly committed to play for the National Team Development Program in 2011-12.

Chatham says he's completely healthy.

"The plan is to keep my options open," Chatham said in a phone interview. "I haven't decided where I'm going to play next year. I play a lot like David Backus (of the St. Louis Blues). I'm big and strong, a power forward-type."

http://blog.mlive.com/whaletales/2011/05/whalers_draft_big_winger_in_fi.html

I wonder what that's all about. It would be one thing if the NTDP was trying to back off their early commitment to him but if he's wavering publicly on his own I can't imagine USA Hockey is going to be too happy, especially since they committed to him so early even though he basically didn't play last season.

SnipShow

Mar 12, 2009
U.S.A.
http://blog.mlive.com/whaletales/2011/05/whalers_draft_big_winger_in_fi.html

I wonder what that's all about. It would be one thing if the NTDP was trying to back off their early commitment to him but if he's wavering publicly on his own I can't imagine USA Hockey is going to be too happy, especially since they committed to him so early even though he basically didn't play last season.

Where do you think he will end up playing next year? Do you think if he's offered a spot this year for the whalers will he play?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Where do you think he will end up playing next year? Do you think if he's offered a spot this year for the whalers will he play?

No idea. That was a really weird quote to read from one of the first comments announced officially so it's hard to say. Did the NTDP back out? Did Chatham back out? Or was his quote just a failed attempt at placating the Plymouth group?

Plymouth admits they're going to try and get Chatham to join the OHL so I'd be shocked if Chatham is publicly backing out of his NTDP commitment before locking down his destination (See guys like Bobby Ryan and Jared Knight with the NTDP previously). So if Chatham is the one that backed out then I'd have to think it's because he's committed to join Plymouth. If not, I'd have to imagine it's because the NTDP backed out and Chatham is legitimately unsure of his destination.

This is just another weird chapter to the Chatham situation though.

SnipShow

Mar 12, 2009
U.S.A.
No idea. That was a really weird quote to read from one of the first comments announced officially so it's hard to say. Did the NTDP back out? Did Chatham back out? Or was his quote just a failed attempt at placating the Plymouth group?

Plymouth admits they're going to try and get Chatham to join the OHL so I'd be shocked if Chatham is publicly backing out of his NTDP commitment before locking down his destination (See guys like Bobby Ryan and Jared Knight with the NTDP previously). So if Chatham is the one that backed out then I'd have to think it's because he's committed to join Plymouth. If not, I'd have to imagine it's because the NTDP backed out and Chatham is legitimately unsure of his destination.

This is just another weird chapter to the Chatham situation though.

I am really curious to see what happens, Plymouths rookie camp starts Friday and they could offer him a contract shortly after that. Plymouth has done some good scouting when it comes to the NTDP but they have trouble getting them to come over. Jon Merril, J.T. Miller and Ryan Hartman the last few years.

What kind of game does he play? Lot of skill for a big man? I am really curious about this kid because he was offered a spot and barely played at all this year but his health is supposed to be 100% now.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
I am really curious to see what happens, Plymouths rookie camp starts Friday and they could offer him a contract shortly after that. Plymouth has done some good scouting when it comes to the NTDP but they have trouble getting them to come over. Jon Merril, J.T. Miller and Ryan Hartman the last few years.

Don't be surprised if JT Miller plays for Plymouth next year. There have been rumors that he was going to back out on North Dakota for months. The Big Ten conference makes North Dakota less appealing for guys like Miller and Grimaldi. And Plymouth just drafted JT's little brother.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Don't be surprised if JT Miller plays for Plymouth next year. There have been rumors that he was going to back out on North Dakota for months. The Big Ten conference makes North Dakota less appealing for guys like Miller and Grimaldi. And Plymouth just drafted JT's little brother.

Thats not true at all. Rocco and JT will start working out with the rest of the Sioux players after the draft at the Ralph. It has been confirmed..

eastcoastselects3575

Sep 22, 2010
I've heard many things about two goalies lately that didnt get an invite but deserve it by a long shot. Those are Eric Vierkant and
Eric is said to be one of the top goalies in the states and should very well have been at the camp due to him being a powerhouse at Culver Academy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad