2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
There are plenty of high end players from the Delaware Valley, it just seems year after year they aren't scouted. Now with Comcast and Jr Flyers in the MWEHL it should open more doors like it did for John Gaudreau.

I'm pretty sure Comcast U18s have 5-6 D-1 verbals and a handful more OHL draft picks.

It seems that the NTDP will give a spot to a kid from a non traditional hockey area over a similar player from the East Coast. Same with USHL draft. Much easier to take a kid from the Midwest or Minn because they are more likely to report.

pmorris

May 24, 2008
NYC Area
Can't believe I forgot Sanguinetti; Carlson grew up basically across the river from New York, so I don't know if I would call him a DelVal kid.

One other young Philly area player that I didn't mention (along with Ebert) is Anthony DeAngelo, a defenseman currently in the USHL who is probably going to the OHL soon.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
any updates from camp?

I haven't seen anything yet. Camp ended today so we should start to see some news leak out soon. USHR.com should have a recap up soon and some news on offers/commits but I don't have a USHR subscription right now.

Only thing I've really seen so far is that Sam Povorozniouk wasn't at the camp due to injury.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I saw a brief comment on another message board that had Cammarata as a standout. If they haven't offered him yet I certainly think they should. I don't think he has much to gain from staying at S-SM at this point.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
According to Chris Peters:

The NTDP Tryout Camp has concluded, but I am told no 2011-12 commitments will be announced until the final roster is chosen (late July).

Of course, he just means "officially" announced. We've already heard of 1 new commitment after the camp and many more will end up leaking out, just like every other year.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Chris Heisenberg lists both Willie Raskob (Shattuck) and Trevor Hamilton (Honeybaked) as new commits.

Regarding the Shattuck kids, Raskob and Cammarata are very happy at Shattuck. Raskob will not accept offer. Lewis is a long shot making this team. However he has good up side down the road. Cammarata was approached very early in the season regarding this program. The family has been on the fence ever since. The NTDP, hope that Cammarata and family will take a good look at the program during the camp. The word is that Shattuck does not want him to leave the program. And is in the works of offering him and the family a new school aid package.

Any idea on what changed for Raskob to commit? I'd assume this bodes well for the NTDP in their attempt to land Cammarata.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Chris Heisenberg lists both Willie Raskob (Shattuck) and Trevor Hamilton (Honeybaked) as new commits.

Any idea on what changed for Raskob to commit? I'd assume this bodes well for the NTDP in their attempt to land Cammarata.
I have reason to believe Heisenberg may have jumped the gun on Raskob. I'm not sure who his source is, but I know who my source is. Stay tuned.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I have reason to believe Heisenberg may have jumped the gun on Raskob. I'm not sure who his source is, but I know who my source is. Stay tuned.

Interesting. Does your source indicate that Raskob was offered though?

The only other mention of it I've seen on the web is from The Scouting News. I'd be shocked if Heisenberg based it off of the blurb on The Scouting News. I'd expect it to be the other way around. I don't subscribe to The Scouting News, and never would for all the obvious reasons. They also claim Cammarata wasn't offered.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Sooo the much talked about Brian Williams didn't play in the LA Selects first game at Nationals, thus adding more fuel to the injured thus not invited fire.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Interesting. Does your source indicate that Raskob was offered though?

The only other mention of it I've seen on the web is from The Scouting News. I'd be shocked if Heisenberg based it off of the blurb on The Scouting News. I'd expect it to be the other way around. I don't subscribe to The Scouting News, and never would for all the obvious reasons. They also claim Cammarata wasn't offered.

And your 100 percent correct. Trashy website.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
A bit off topic, but do any of you have experience ordering games off of Fast Hockey? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to watch SSM and Honeybaked, but don't want to order if the quality isn't worth it. Would love to get a look at Cammarata for myself.

Your help is appreciated, thanks.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
A bit off topic, but do any of you have experience ordering games off of Fast Hockey? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to watch SSM and Honeybaked, but don't want to order if the quality isn't worth it. Would love to get a look at Cammarata for myself.

Your help is appreciated, thanks.

i have a few times when i was unable to make something and the quality isn't bad, you can blow it up to the whole screen and it gets a bit fuzzy but nothing bad, I think they did an ok job with it.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
i have a few times when i was unable to make something and the quality isn't bad, you can blow it up to the whole screen and it gets a bit fuzzy but nothing bad, I think they did an ok job with it.

Thanks a lot for the insight.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Thanks a lot for the insight.

To add on to what scoutman said, think like justintv quality...but from one stationary camera with a location changing based on the rink. Sometimes you get an announcer sometimes you don't its really random (though nationals I would put money you do).

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I have to agree with you here, I would bet everything on the fact that team USA offered him an invite and he simply said no thanks, I am going to the WHL. Brian Williams is still an extremely talented player, had the pleasure of watching him 3 times this season, kid has battled some nagging injuries, but is still in the top 3 for forwards of this group.

I cant confirm that USA Hockey offered him a spot, but common sense says they did and he merely either said no thanks or he is trying to fully recover from his groin/leg issues that has bothered him this season.

If he actually went to the W Id be surprised tbh. Though Comrie probably convinced him to head out to Tri Cities.

Probably more of a rest the injury thing imo.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
To add on to what scoutman said, think like justintv quality...but from one stationary camera with a location changing based on the rink. Sometimes you get an announcer sometimes you don't its really random (though nationals I would put money you do).

Thank you. I'll give it a go.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Shattuck vs. Honeybaked for the Tier 1 Under 16 Championship tomorrow.

NTDP Candidates for each team:

Shattuck: Taylor Cammarata, Clint Lewis, Willie Raskob.
Honeybaked: Evan Allen, Tyler Motte, Michael Sabatinni, Trevor Hamilton.

Unsurprisingly, Cammarata is leading the tournament in scoring with 14 points in 5 games (7g, 7a). Evan Allen is the third leading scorer with 10 points in 5 games (5g, 5a). Willie Raskob is leading all defenseman in scoring with 7 points in 5 games (2g, 5a).

Shattuck beat LA Selects 1-0 today to make the finals. Highly touted Canadian Nathan MacKinnon (6th overall in scoring) scored a SHG in the 1st from Cammarata and Raskob to win it.

You can follow the tournament here: http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/TopScorers.aspx?EventID=2640&AgeDivisionID=2&GameID=34955

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I have to say, I get the same feeling about the rumors that Cammarata hasn't been invited as I did about Pat Kane not being invited years ago. USA Hockey made the right choice with Kane eventually so I hope they do the same in this situation. Kane never had a player of Fasching's ability to play with so the thought of the latter and Cammarata together is pretty exciting - almost as if Peter Mueller and Kane would have been together on the same team all those years ago.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

Unsurprisingly, Cammarata is leading the tournament in scoring with 14 points in 5 games (7g, 7a). Evan Allen is the third leading scorer with 10 points in 5 games (5g, 5a). Willie Raskob is leading all defenseman in scoring with 7 points in 5 games (2g, 5a).

Shattuck beat LA Selects 1-0 today to make the finals. Highly touted Canadian Nathan MacKinnon (6th overall in scoring) scored a SHG in the 1st from Cammarata and Raskob to win it.

You can follow the tournament here: http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/TopScorers.aspx?EventID=2640&AgeDivisionID=2&GameID=34955

Thanks for the link.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cammarata is simply amazing. this kid doesnt get enough press around here, Mackinnon gets most of the buzz, but this kid is 100% legit.

Same goes for Evan Allen, absolutely love his game and hope he accepts a USNDP offer.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

Should be a great game. I watched the Honeybakes/Pittsburgh Hornets semi today, and Honeybaked looked as strong as I remember them. Nice to see these two super powers collide for the big prize.

I didn't notice Alex Smith playing. Is he up with the U-18 team, or injured? Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad