2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Forwards (x25):
Pos.|Name|DOB|H.|lbs.|L/R|Team|League
F| Evan Allen*^ |03-FEB-95|5'10|180|-|Honeybaked|MM U16|
F| Taylor Cammarata |13-MAY-95|5'9|155|L|Shattuck St. Mary's|MM U16|
F| Connor Chatham*^ |30-OCT-95|6'2|185|-|St. Louis Blues|MM U16|
F| J.T. Compher*^ |08-APR-95|6'0|165|R|Team Illinois|MM U16|
F| Dawson Cook |15-JUN-95|6'1|183|L|Cadillac (Mich.)|US-HS|
F| Chase Deleo |25-OCT-95|5'6|148|L|LA Selects|MM U16|
F| Eddie Ellis |12-JAN-95|6'2|185|-|Phillips Andover Academy (Mass.)|US Prep|
F| Hudson Fasching*^ |28-JUL-95|6'3|190|R|Apple Valley (Minn.)|US-HS|
F| Tyler Gernhofer |10-JAN-95|5'10|195|R|Dallas Stars|MM U18|
F| Gabe Guertler |03-MAY-95|5'10|170|L|Team Illinois|MM U16|
F| John Hayden |14-FEB-95|6'1|185|R|Brunswick School (Conn.)|US Prep|
F| Connor Hutchins |31-MAY-95|5'11|163|R|Dallas Stars|MM U16|
F| Tyler Kelleher |02-JAN-95|5'6|147|R|Deerfield Academy (Mass.)|US Prep|
F| Anthony Louis*^ |10-FEB-95|5'6|130|L|Team Illinois|MM U16|
F| Michael McCarron |07-MAR-95|6'5|220|R|Honeybaked|MM U18|
F| Conor McGlynn |19-JUN-95|6'0|170|L|Oakville Rangers|MM U16|
F| Tyler Motte*^ |10-MAR-95|5'10|178|L|Honeybaked|MM U16|
F| Sam Povorozniouk# |11-FEB-95|5'10|184|-|Chicago Steel|USHL|
F| Michael Sabatini |08-JAN-95|6'0|162|-|Honeybaked|MM U16|
F| Alex Schoenborn |--95|-|-|-|Minot (N.D.)|US-HS|
F| Brandon Shea*^ |30-JUN-95|5'11|170|L|Nobles and Greenough Prep (Mass.)|US Prep|
F| Ryan Siroky |03-FEB-95|5'11|180|R|LA Selects|MM U16|
F| Michael Turner |23-SEP-95|6'1|180|-|Chicago Steel|USHL|
F| Daniel Vanderwiel |17-FEB-95|5'10|190|-|Team Illinois|MM U16|
F| Luke Voltin*^ |13-APR-95|6'0|175|L|Hill-Murray (Minn.)|US-HS|

Defense (x16):
D| Gage Ausmus*^ |22-APR-95|6'1|185|L|East Grand Forks (Minn.)|US-HS|
D| Will Butcher*^ |06-JAN-95|5'11|195|-|Madison Capitals|MM U18|
D| Michael Downing |19-MAY-95|6'3|175|L|Detroit Catholic Central (Mich.)|US-HS|
D| Anthony Florentino |30-JAN-95|6'1|200|R|South Kent Prep (Conn.)|US Prep|
D| Jordan Gross |09-MAY-95|5'10|165|R|Maple Grove (Minn.)|US-HS|
D| Trevor Hamilton*^ |17-MAR-95|6'0|179|R|Honeybaked|MM U16|
D| Clint Lewis*^ |12-JAN-95|6'2|180|L|Shattuck St. Mary's|MM U16|
D| Charlie Pelnik |15-MAY-95|6'4|185|L|Carolina Jr. Hurricanes|NAPHL|
D| Stuart Pomeroy |05-FEB-95|6'2|185|R|Chicago Young Americans|MM U16|
D| Willie Raskob |14-MAR-95|5'10|190|R|Shattuck St. Mary's|MM U16|
D| Steve Santini*^ |07-MAR-95|6'3|205|R|Apple Core|EJHL|
D| Scott Savage*^ |11-APR-95|5'11|150|L|LA Selects|MM U16|
D| Corey Schueneman |02-SEP-95|6'0|165|L|Little Caesers|MM U16|
D| Alex Smith |31-JAN-95|6'0|170|R|Honeybaked|MM U18|
D| Keaton Thompson*^ |14-SEP-95|6'0|165|L|Fargo Force|USHL|
D| Wilson Vershay |10-JUN-95|6'3|185|-|Nichols School (N.Y.)|US Prep|

Goalies (x4):
D| Brendan Burke |11-MAR-95|6'2|175|L|Phoenix Jr. Coyotes|MM U16|
D| Ian Jenkins |13-AUG-95|5'10|160|L|Belle Tire|MM U16|
D| Hunter Miska*^ |--95|5'10|150|L|North Branch (Minn.)|US-HS|
D| Devin Williams |30-OCT-95|5'11|140|L|Motor City Metal Jackets|NAPHL|

* = Offered a Spot on Team
^ = Committed to NTDP
# = Injured and did not attend camp

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/NTDP/2011CampRoster.pdf

Tryout Camp is March 21-24.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Breakdown by State:

Michigan - 11
Minnesota - 8
Illinois - 7
Massachusetts - 5
California - 3
Texas - 2
New York - 2
North Dakota - 2
Arizona - 1
Florida - 1
Wisconsin - 1
Connecticut - 1
North Carolina - 1

Breakdown by League:

Midget Minor - 21
High School - 9
Prep School - 6
Midget Major - 4
USHL - 2
NAPHL - 2
EJHL - 1

Early Commits (Confirmed): Will Butcher, Connor Chatham, J.T. Compher, Hudson Fasching, Steve Santini, Scott Savage, and Brandon Shea.

"Notable Omissions":

Max Becker (LA Selects Midget Minor)
Eric Comrie (LA Selects Midget Minor) - Not sure if he even has American citizenship; WHL lock anyway.
Anthony DeAngelo (Cedar Rapids Rough Riders USHL) - High end guy already in USHL. Out for season with broken kneecap.
Adam Erne (Indiana Ice USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Ian McCoshen (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Alex Talcott (Honeybaked Midget Major)
Brian Williams (LA Selects Midget Minor)

Last edited:

HalbertGil*

Can someone give me some information on
Taylor Cammarata
Alex Smith
Connor Hutchins
Trevor Hamilton

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Chase Deleo is a very good player. Made a big impression on lots of us at winterhawks training camp. Think he is keeping his options open because he did not play in any preseason games, thus maintaining his amateur status.

From what I remember a smaller, highly skilled player. Similar to hawks first round bantam pick Nic Petan.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

And thanks a lot OP!

How do you get all these? Do you have a hockey profession?

Last edited by a moderator:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hudson Fasching was offered but hasn't yet accepted. Goaltender Hunter Miska has been offered and has accepted.

Thanks for the update. With Hudson's family situation, I'm guessing his decision will come down to the wire. He'll probably be afforded as much time as he wants.

Do you happen to know Luke Voltin, Jordan Gross, and Hunter Miska's DOB? Trying to fill out the chart.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks for the update. With Hudson's family situation, I'm guessing his decision will come down to the wire. He'll probably be afforded as much time as he wants.

Do you happen to know Luke Voltin, Jordan Gross, and Hunter Miska's DOB? Trying to fill out the chart.

I can provide the OHL Eligible players DOB if you are having troubles locating them

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com

Jordan Gross - May 9, shoots right
Luke Voltin - April 13, shoots left
I couldn't find Hunter Miska's

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
No Alex Talcott, who recently committed to Michigan?

Nope. I know USHR really liked him at last summer's Select 15 Camp. He could be missing for a variety of reasons. USA Hockey just may not be that high on him. Maybe he can't attend due to an injury or family obligation. USA Hockey may just be wrong not to have him there.

That said, getting an invite to the NTDP camp isn't the be-all-end-all for making the team. Your odds aren't high if you weren't invited but you'll likely still have a chance to impress the NTDP staff. They still evaluate players during the summer's Select 16 Camp. From that camp, the top players are selected for a select team that plays in a U-17 Five Nations tournament in August.

There's 3 guys (Olson, Koules, Osterberg) on the current U-17 team that weren't invited to last summer's NTDP camp.

There's 3 guys (Murphy, Fiala, McCabe) on the current U-18 team that weren't invited to their respective NTDP camp.

There's 3 guys (Czarnik, Higgins, Faulk) that were on the U-18 team before the current team that weren't at their respective NTDP camp.

The poster boy for not being invited to the NTDP Camp and then going on to make the team after impressing during the summer's Select 16 Camp and the corresponding U-17 Five Nations Tournament..............Patrick Kane.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Chase Deleo is a very good player. Made a big impression on lots of us at winterhawks training camp. Think he is keeping his options open because he did not play in any preseason games, thus maintaining his amateur status.

From what I remember a smaller, highly skilled player. Similar to hawks first round bantam pick Nic Petan.

He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for posting this, William.

Glad to see Tyler Motte on the list. I really like his game. Any idea why DeAngelo and Erne were left off? I thought they were two of the premier 95's in the country. Could it be that the USNDP thinks they're CHL bound? Thanks

IkeaMonkey*

Fargo pretty much destroyed their roster to get Keaton Thompson into 10 games for "veteran" status. I honestly hope the kid goes to the NTDP. Would be just another moronic player personnel move by the Fargo staff.

Ducksgo*

Breakdown by State:

Michigan - 11
Minnesota - 8
Illinois - 7
Massachusetts - 5
California - 3
Texas - 2
New York - 2
North Dakota - 2
Arizona - 1
Florida - 1
Wisconsin - 1
Connecticut - 1
North Carolina - 1

Breakdown by League:

Midget Minor - 21
High School - 9
Prep School - 6
Midget Major - 4
USHL - 2
NAPHL - 2
EJHL - 1

Early Commits (Rumored): Will Butcher, J.T. Compher, Hunter Miska, Steve Santini, and Scott Savage.

"Notable Omissions":

Max Becker (LA Selects Midget Minor)
Eric Comrie (LA Selects Midget Minor) - Not sure if he even has American citizenship; WHL lock anyway.
Anthony DeAngelo (Cedar Rapids Rough Riders USHL) - High end guy already in USHL. Out for season with broken kneecap.
Adam Erne (Indiana Ice USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Ian McCoshen (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL) - High end guy already in USHL.
Alex Talcott (Honeybaked Midget Major)
Brian Williams (LA Selects Midget Minor)

LA Selects pumping out bad ass hockey players as always!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Thanks for posting this, William.

Glad to see Tyler Motte on the list. I really like his game. Any idea why DeAngelo and Erne were left off? I thought they were two of the premier 95's in the country. Could it be that the USNDP thinks they're CHL bound? Thanks

It's hard to know on DeAngelo or Erne. With DeAngelo it wouldn't matter since he broke his kneecap in February and wouldn't be able to participate anyway. He could have been invited/offered and we just don't know it. While he's in the USHL already, that only really plays a part in the player's decision. USA Hockey brought Nick Ebert, from Waterloo in the USHL, to last year's camp and offered him knowing he was most likely headed to the OHL. I think a lot of people expect DeAngelo to be OHL bound since he's a late '95. Unless he accelerates his schooling to enter BU (where he's committed) early, he'd be spending 4 years in the USHL before his NHL draft. For a high-end prospect like Anthony, that makes zero sense. I'd expect him in the OHL next season, although I could see a slim chance he'd join the NTDP for 2 years and then play one in the OHL a la Pat Kane.

No idea on Erne. I'd suspect he's happy with Indiana and said "thanks but no thanks" to the invite. He's QMJHL territory so he's a lot less likely to "bolt" to the CHL.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Anyone know why Brian Williams didt get a Invite I remember him being pretty hype

Sounds like some other players have caught up to him or passed him in overall skill. I've heard rumors that he seems disinterested this season. Not sure if that's even accurate or if he feels like he's above the Midget Minor level. He's a smaller guy too so that doesn't help.

I expected him to be there but you never know why he's not. He could be headed to the WHL (Tri City) with his teammate Eric Comrie.

He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.

What was your opinion on Max Becker, Brian Williams, and Trevor Moore from that LA Selects squad when you saw them? Thanks for the information as well. Really excited to see what Savage does with the NTDP since he's already committed.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
It's hard to know on DeAngelo or Erne. With DeAngelo it wouldn't matter since he broke his kneecap in February and wouldn't be able to participate anyway. He could have been invited/offered and we just don't know it. While he's in the USHL already, that only really plays a part in the player's decision. USA Hockey brought Nick Ebert, from Waterloo in the USHL, to last year's camp and offered him knowing he was most likely headed to the OHL. I think a lot of people expect DeAngelo to be OHL bound since he's a late '95. Unless he accelerates his schooling to enter BU (where he's committed) early, he'd be spending 4 years in the USHL before his NHL draft. For a high-end prospect like Anthony, that makes zero sense. I'd expect him in the OHL next season, although I could see a slim chance he'd join the NTDP for 2 years and then play one in the OHL a la Pat Kane.

No idea on Erne. I'd suspect he's happy with Indiana and said "thanks but no thanks" to the invite. He's QMJHL territory so he's a lot less likely to "bolt" to the CHL.

Thanks for the info on the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad