Post-Game Talk: 2008 Southeast Division CHAMPS @ Nate Drug & Gerry G 10:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I hope to see Copley next game and some mixed up lines. I don’t care if they make sense, just change it up, they guys are playing half asleep

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Nisky actually deflected that shot right off Schmidts blade, which is why Holtby missed it, curve ball.
I wasnt sure if it was deflected. If it was then I wouldnt blame Holtby.
Whether it was deflected or not Niskanen didnt play it well.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
In the bright side, a few teams trailing the Caps in the Metro standings lost too.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
The team is slumping and we just lost our biggest spark plug. The PP has got to be ironed out, it has been an ongoing issue for too long.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Someone said that Niskanen deflected it.
Even if it was deflected, it was at moment of release, and 70 still had time and unobstructed view to track it. He needed to make the save. His effort on 2nd goal wasnt anything to write home about either. After allowing 10 goals in last two games, he maybe ought to sit for a game to try to re-set.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Reaves’ postgame comment re: Wilson: “He was just looking at his pass and ran into a lion in the jungle.”

I think you’re supposed to say, ‘You never want to see a guy get hurt. I was just trying to finish the check. I hope he’s all right.’

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m not in the least bit alarmed. A pretty even game in their house, with it being their SC finals, and after the meltdown against Anaheim when they easily could have been down on themselves. Caps teams of the past get slaughtered in this situation, IMO.

As someone said, fix the PP and clean it up late. Maybe I’m wrong but it sure seems to me that we take more high stick penalties than our opponents.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Reaves would be a repeat offender to DoPS. Last one was a 3 gamer. Add in his comments and it sounds like he was taking runs prior to the hit so in person hearing?

If Reaves was being an idiot all night like most are saying; how was this not a Match Penalty? There is your intent. Refs want to be game managers so make the damn call. One of your easier Match Penalties to call.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Reaves pos? What's new here?
I hope Willy is ok.

I want to see what nhl and dops will say about that.

At least Ovi scored

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
First, the shot was well inside the blue line...and Holtby had come out to challenge.When I originally saw the play, the puck seemed to squib and sink off a deflection with Nisky' stick.
Secondly, Nisky commits the cardinal sin of giving Schmidt the center shooting lane. "bad...bad...bad.."
Thirdly, the bulk of the blame, say 80%, rests with Dowd for taking an absurd penalty. dumb...dumb..dumb...as in
peeweee-hockey bad execution on his part.

As for the hit on Wilson. If he's 'using' his chinstrap, and apparently he wasnt, I think its just a hard hit. I'm not
even sure its late-if so, only barely. The ice itself appears to have done the majority of the damage, but we shall see. I still don't pretend to know the Leagues criteria for these matters, perhaps they will 'evolve' again. I'll be surprised if there's a suspension, but it wouldnt be the first time Ive been surprised by a DOPS decision.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I watched the hit a few more times and man I hope Wilson didn't fracture his skull when he hit the ice. It is so easy to do when you hit the front like that.

If he did, he is done for the season.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

I think this is funny because it was Schmidt and MAF and who really cares about game 27, the damage was done in June.

My real question is why would the Capitals tv affiliate post it?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Reaves would be a repeat offender to DoPS. Last one was a 3 gamer. Add in his comments and it sounds like he was taking runs prior to the hit so in person hearing?

If Reaves was being an idiot all night like most are saying; how was this not a Match Penalty? There is your intent. Refs want to be game managers so make the damn call. One of your easier Match Penalties to call.
Reeves was taking runs at Wilson all game. He was stalking him.
The hut itself wasnt that bvasd other than it was late but I ndidnt like thgatvReeves was looking for Wilson the entire game.
And his comment afterwards was riduculous.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Even if it was deflected, it was at moment of release, and 70 still had time and unobstructed view to track it. He needed to make the save. His effort on 2nd goal wasnt anything to write home about either. After allowing 10 goals in last two games, he maybe ought to sit for a game to try to re-set.
Lmao blaming a guy for a shot that was deflected. Really. And you would know.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Not sure if we'll ever know if Schmidt's shot was actually deflected, but in any case, Holtby's glove hand was not its usual
level of superb last night. I just dont think he's to blame for the Capitals not getting even a whiff of a scoring chance in 9(!!!) minutes of PP late in that game. Vegas has the quickness to do the fundamental tactic that gives the best results against the Caps, and thats to constantly challenge the puck carrier and force them into making a pass. Its worked more often than not (seemingly)for years against the Caps, but not every opponent has the personnel to pull it off.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
@RandyHolt Time to line brawl the knights like its the 1998 preseason game with Chicago. f*** GMGM, nate "roid" Schmidt, and Ryan "goon" Reaves....

Caps vs. Vegas starting lineup...

Tom Wilson, Ovechkin, Dale Hunter, Randy Holt, and our Randy Holt as the coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad