Post-Game Talk: 2008 Southeast Division CHAMPS @ Nate Drug & Gerry G 10:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
These league is a joke. They better let the players (our players hit) in the playoffs. This Disney on ice style is getting all our players hurt by dirty hits

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If anyone cant figure it out, we need a goon in the lineup to keep the trash out of Willy's face.

If I were a big kid wing in our org I would be learning how to fight oh and drink ahem protein shakes. For now, it should be Liam called up vs teams with punks. Oh and dress Lewington, for Djoos.

The league is not policing for us so we have to do it ourselves.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
When our heavy gets taken out on a dirty play, everyone on the ice needs to go after the thug at the same time. None of this one on one crap the league seems to love for some reason, where everyone watches one guy get his ass kicked. Mob mentality. Jump on his back, headlock, gloved punches, everyone, at the same time. Ignore everyone else on the ice. No excuses. Old school scrum. You'd think they have auto suspensions for simple scrums with how rare we see them now.

Pathetic showing last night. We need to be ready next time. f*** the NHL turning a blind eye to our players getting concussed.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
When our heavy gets taken out on a dirty play, everyone on the ice needs to go after the thug at the same time. None of this one on one crap the league seems to love for some reason, where everyone watches one guy get his ass kicked. Mob mentality. Jump on his back, headlock, gloved punches, everyone, at the same time. Ignore everyone else on the ice. No excuses. Old school scrum. You'd think they have auto suspensions for simple scrums with how rare we see them now.

Pathetic showing last night. We need to be ready next time. **** the NHL turning a blind eye to our players getting concussed.

I'm with you.....pacification doesn't do it for me there. I know Twabby was proud we turned the other cheek some, but eesh.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Twabby was the sane person vs the Bettman/Pens NHL mafia.

Ryan Reaves was in questionable trade from Pens to vegas for one reason, hurt Tom Wilson for not and give GMGM revenge for the cup loss. Plus have Nate "roid" Schimitt, score the winner....:sarcasm:

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I love the "if discount the main point you might have an argument" argument.

If we dont have ovechkin we dont have the greatest goal scorer on the team. Its true!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I mean he toe’d the line and hurt Wilson on a play just barely illegal. The exact same thing Willy does. I’m surprised he was caught unaware myself. Almost never see Ovy caught at a disadvantage like that. As he’s aged a little more....maybe few times...

Willy will learn from this. Should have just beat the guy’s ass early and been done with it. I suspect next time there will be fireworks.

Next time throw everything at him. He'll have to block shots eventually.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
I'm probably in the minority here but I think the refs and league got the Tom Wilson incident ALMOST right. It was a bit late, but other than that it was a hard shoulder to shoulder hit. Tom gets hurt because like a lot of players in the league, he's wearing his helmet far too loose.

I'm sure there's a rule in place already about securing your chin strap, but obviously players aren't following it. I think the league needs to take some action to better enforce the rule before someone is seriously injured from an incident like this.

My issue comes from Reaves's absolutely classless comments about the hit after the game. I don't care who it is, you don't make a ridiculous comment like that when a player is injured on a play. It's tasteless and it makes the sport look bad, he should have been fined big time for that.

Last edited:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm probably in the minority here but I think the refs and league got the Tom Wilson incident ALMOST right. It was a bit late, but other than that it was a hard shoulder to shoulder hit. Tom gets hurt because like a lot of players in the league, he's wearing his helmet far too loose. My issue comes from Reaves's absolutely classless comments about the hit after the game. He should have been fined big time for that.

I wouldn't worry about that. It will come back to bite him in the *** hard. The next time he makes a hit that's on the wrong side of borderline, all of these stupid comments will be brought back up.

Celebrating and beating your chest after you have just concussed a player is a wrong career choice and he will pay a price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad