2006 born for 2022 OHL Draft

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Wow, good for kid but what a stretch by Michigan so early. Hope he does well for SAC Varsity, but as an underager he may struggle.

If he were not playing SAC this year, he may not be a top 40 kid taken in the OHL Priority draft. Deep draft this year and havent seen him progress as much as others in the 06 group. JMO

Virgilio has 7 points (2G, 5A) in 10 games with St. Andrew's College. He seems to be doing well so far with SAC

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
How was the game last night?
2-0 JRC final but the shots must've been 50-10. Leenders stood on his head the whole game for Nats. Martone had a nice one for JRC and then Van Volsen from Martone and Mews. Thought Martone, Hage, Van Volsen, Fimis and Christoforo all looked really good for JRC.

Quite the Ontario all star team with Martone from Peterborough, Van Volsen from Whitby, Mews from Ottawa

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

ToddMac

Nov 7, 2021
Hi, I was wondering about Luc Warner, Luc Warner at eliteprospects.com I heard he put on a lot of size this year, but haven't been able to find any stats for the Toronto Marlboro's in the GTHL - any idea where to find stats for that team? I believe his grandfather played for the Leafs a bit back in the 70's.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, I was wondering about Luc Warner, Luc Warner at eliteprospects.com I heard he put on a lot of size this year, but haven't been able to find any stats for the Toronto Marlboro's in the GTHL - any idea where to find stats for that team? I believe his grandfather played for the Leafs a bit back in the 70's.
No stats for the GTHL yet. They normally put them up on the GTHL website.

RinkRunner

Nov 13, 2021
I have gotten to watch a few of these kids the past few years. It will be interesting to see the change since minor bantam. A lot of talented kids here.

I thought the same, this will be a strong OHL draft year and have been looking forward to this season getting started to see the players.
I’ve been able to see some of the ETA teams as well as the SCTA teams and most of the players listed that I saw looked good. I have seen much more of the Ottawa players and these are some of the top 2006 players that have stuck out most to myself and others I talk to…
F- Ben Cormier (Navan Grads)
Strong player that creates a lot of chances with his speed and has a great shot and takes advantage of most scoring chances.
F- Nathan Villeneuve (Navan Grads)
Speedy intense player that is very skilled. Has a quick release and will shoot from anywhere with much success and can play a physical game.
F-Cole Beaudoin (Nepean Raiders)
Big bodied centre who is great in draws, uses his speed and strength to Create chances. He plays physical and works hard at both ends of the ice. Has a great shot and is hard for D to handle around net.
D- Roarke Gilmour (Kemptville 73’s)
Very skilled and great skater, has great vision of the ice, likes to jump into the play and is good at getting the puck to the net through traffic. He will use his shot and score when given the opportunity.
D- Aiden Souligny (Navan Grads)
Consistent D man that that is skilled, takes care of his own zone and will carry the puck to make a smart first pass and will jump into the play when needed.
Have all looked really strong!
D - Spencer Evans (Smiths Falls Bears)
Strong in his own zone and plays a physical game never backing down from a battle. Makes good first pass out of zone and will jump into the play when the opportunity presents.
G - Braxton Bennett (Kemptville 73’s)
Good size and athletic who moves and tracks the puck really well. Great rebound control and is always calm in the net. Plays the puck well and often and despite being on a middle of the pack team he gives them a chance to win every game despite usually being outshot.
G - David Igorov (Ottawa Jr Senators)
Good sized goalie who usually does well at controlling his rebounds. He tracks shot well from far out and even though he has a strong team in front of him has stepped up when needed to get the win.

Reactions: BarberPole9 and LDN

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
I thought the same, this will be a strong OHL draft year and have been looking forward to this season getting started to see the players.
I’ve been able to see some of the ETA teams as well as the SCTA teams and most of the players listed that I saw looked good. I have seen much more of the Ottawa players and these are some of the top 2006 players that have stuck out most to myself and others I talk to…
F- Ben Cormier (Navan Grads)
Strong player that creates a lot of chances with his speed and has a great shot and takes advantage of most scoring chances.
F- Nathan Villeneuve (Navan Grads)
Speedy intense player that is very skilled. Has a quick release and will shoot from anywhere with much success and can play a physical game.
F-Cole Beaudoin (Nepean Raiders)
Big bodied centre who is great in draws, uses his speed and strength to Create chances. He plays physical and works hard at both ends of the ice. Has a great shot and is hard for D to handle around net.
D- Roarke Gilmour (Kemptville 73’s)
Very skilled and great skater, has great vision of the ice, likes to jump into the play and is good at getting the puck to the net through traffic. He will use his shot and score when given the opportunity.
D- Aiden Souligny (Navan Grads)
Consistent D man that that is skilled, takes care of his own zone and will carry the puck to make a smart first pass and will jump into the play when needed.
Have all looked really strong!
D - Spencer Evans (Smiths Falls Bears)
Strong in his own zone and plays a physical game never backing down from a battle. Makes good first pass out of zone and will jump into the play when the opportunity presents.
G - Braxton Bennett (Kemptville 73’s)
Good size and athletic who moves and tracks the puck really well. Great rebound control and is always calm in the net. Plays the puck well and often and despite being on a middle of the pack team he gives them a chance to win every game despite usually being outshot.
G - David Igorov (Ottawa Jr Senators)
Good sized goalie who usually does well at controlling his rebounds. He tracks shot well from far out and even though he has a strong team in front of him has stepped up when needed to get the win.

Strong crop out of the Ottawa area this year again!

Reactions: BarberPole9

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Who are players people are excited to see at the silver stick? Not teams, I'm talking players

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Lots of first time members highlighting specific kids. Nice to see parents working the board to get some exposure for their kids!

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Who are players people are excited to see at the silver stick? Not teams, I'm talking players
looking forward to dropping in to see underagers Londons Roobroek and Sens Misa
Also 06's Quinte Rogers, Toms, NY's Kerion Walton, JRC players as mentioned by you earlier, keep an eye on Branfords Karmiris and Vanacker work real well together and Niagara Testa lots of good ones ive seen so far cant wait for the draft!!

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Can someone do a top 5 or 10?

top 5 ill be first to get piled on lol

NYR Kieran Walton 6-5 winger
Sens Malcolm Spence skill skill
Markham Greentree 6-2 winger
JRC Mews 6' skilled offensive Dman
JRC Hage skilled 6' centre
HM Testa Niag VanVolsen JRC
go ahead pound on me lol

Reactions: LDN

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Looks like Mews has really increased his play.

He’s super talented offensively and pretty versatile being able to play both forward and defenceman. Pretty unique package.

I am looking forward to seeing him play at the silver stick.

RinkRunner

Nov 13, 2021

He’s super talented offensively and pretty versatile being able to play both forward and defenceman. Pretty unique package.

RinkRunner

Nov 13, 2021
He is the real deal, watched him for a couple of years! He has great vision and hockey IQ. Unreal on the power play and can put the puck in the net when given the opportunity. Haven’t got to see him yet this year but all reports from others claim the same.

RinkRunner

Nov 13, 2021

He is the real deal, watched him for a couple of years! He has great vision and hockey IQ. Unreal on the power play and can put the puck in the net when given the opportunity. Haven’t got to see him yet this year but all reports from others claim the same.

RinkRunner

Nov 13, 2021
top 5 ill be first to get piled on lol

NYR Kieran Walton 6-5 winger
Sens Malcolm Spence skill skill
Markham Greentree 6-2 winger
JRC Mews 6' skilled offensive Dman
JRC Hage skilled 6' centre
HM Testa Niag VanVolsen JRC
go ahead pound on me lol
All potential first rounders for sure!

Last edited: