20-21 Season Tank Thread: The playoff dream is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
is this f*** ing team trying to tease the fans suddenly? it's like you guy losers (Canucks fans) don't get to see the playoffs, you clowns also don't get to draft in the 10

We f*** ing get eliminated.

within 1 week we score 4 goals on the 1st 4 shots in a meaningless game....
and we were able to come back to tie a game down by 4, late in the 3rd in another game. THE EASIEST 3 POINTS I'VE EVER SEEN US PULL OFF. WHY ARE WE SUDDENLY GETTING THESE EASY POINTS WE DON'T EVEN DESERVE! WHAT THE f***! THESE MEANINGLESS 3 POINTS THAT WAS SO HARD TO COME BY IS SUDDENLY GIVEN TO US TO DROP DOWN US DOWN AT LEAST 4 SPOTS IN THE DRAFT ORDER!

I WATCH THIS TEAM DRAG THEIR ASS TO GET NO RESULTS. WHEN IT DOESN'T MATTER WE ARE PULLING POINTS OUT OF NOWHERE!

like where the f*** was this earlier? like what the f*** is this teams problem. I am so really mad right now, that this team decides to try hard when they get eliminated from the playoff? f*** OFF!
Pressure's off and the garbage time heroes come to save the day

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
where still using the old draft system this year Which is the first 3 picks is being lotteried.

"The 2021 NHL Draft Lottery will be reduced from three drawings to two as part of changes announced Tuesday.
The changes, approved by the NHL Board of Governors, will determine the order of the NHL Draft for the teams that do not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs."

It's going to two this year.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Sorry if I am not mistaken (Help me out friends!)
But I heard the Tier list this year is basically.
1--2-3-4-5---6-7-8-9-10--------11 etc

I thought the only drop of Quality of prospects was 10 onwards?
Would love to get some draft gurus to figure this bad boy out. (All assumptions obviously, nobody really knows)

This year is really up in the air. The best NHL player might not even be in the top 10.

Power is considered the consensus no. 1 but he wouldn't even be top 3 in other years.

I it see more as 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8---10-11-12 and so on.

Reactions: Canucks LB

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
The big 3 on D are likely gone when we pick

Hughes/Clarke/Powers

Guess they might look at edvinsson

Really where we pick BPA will most likely be a forward

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The big 3 on D are likely gone when we pick

Hughes/Clarke/Powers

Guess they might look at edvinsson

Really where we pick BPA will most likely be a forward

I don't have a big problem with that. The defensemen at the top of the draft all have some serious projection issues. I think the forwards (i.e. Beniers, Eklund, MacTavish, Guenther) are all safer bets to be NHL players, though perhaps the upside isn't as high. I'm scared they take Edvinsson if Benning is still around though.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I don't have a big problem with that. The defensemen at the top of the draft all have some serious projection issues. I think the forwards (i.e. Beniers, Eklund, MacTavish, Guenther) are all safer bets to be NHL players, though perhaps the upside isn't as high. I'm scared they take Edvinsson if Benning is still around though.

I'd take Eklund tbh. Safest bet at being a top 6 forward with star potential. He profile like a Hoglander with more hockey IQ and a bit taller

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I heard great things about Edvinsson tho.
Would he not be a good pick around 9?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

I know I do not visit here often, but as I’ve mentioned before, I appreciate the message that most of you try your best to deliver.

You are Canucks fans as much as anyone and want to see the Front Office changed to a Competent Team. I’ll extend this to some of you wanting a Coaching change as well, but I haven’t followed closely enough to know if this is the majority.

Recently we’re hearing rumblings of ownership changes within the Family. I have no idea if this is true or just rumour.

What I can speak to is how I’m feeling right now and that I’m thinking this is the one place that I can safely share.

The Game tonight in one way was fun as I was excited when I thought Eddy scored his 100th. As we all know, it was BB6’s:(.

The comeback of course was bittersweet, as winning is in my DNA, but I know it hurts the Team in the big picture.

However, what I found was my biggest ‘trigger’ tonight in the GDT, was how some members just do not seem to ‘get it’ when they say they’re so excited for next season when they see efforts like tonight. Or they tell the tankers to get out if they’re not going to cheer for the team like a real fan.
Thing is, the one in particular saying this, questions the captains leadership, takes it back, then criticizes him again a few games later and it pisses me off.

I understand that early last Season I was of similar thinking, regarding Tanking. But once I took a step back and read the Management Thread(s), recognized who provided qualitative & quantitative information, I recognized the value of this perspective.

Yes, I was so excited about the Play-In Round, the First Round vs The Blues and then Vegas.

However, this Season has been a sobering reminder of just what this Management Group has done.

Thank you again to @valkynax , @I am toxic , and @Jack Burton , among many others here for helping give a venue to express our concerns.

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Honestly I'm just more pissed about not getting an outright loss so that management looks even worse. Don't really care about draft position as long as it gets Benning fired (though obviously the worse we do, the better our pick is which helps to a certain extent).

Need to run the table here and take a streak of hard L's to close out the year. Don't want ANYTHING giving ownership illusions about what this team can achieve.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
the draft is the only thing that still gives us hope. nothing more. each draft spot down is one less option for us, I personally think it's a solid top 7 and that's it. the next tier is a gong show tier. You like gong shows bro? you do? just watch the Canucks that's a gong show.

We're literally about to fire our management team -- that's where our hope is coming from. I'm excited as shit.

This idea that the team always f***s up their draft position late is confirmation bias (we've been on a 57 point pace in our last 10 games -- if anything we've been worse than usual), and the difference between 2-3 spots in what is a dogshit draft is not going to be the difference between us being a "gong show" and respectable organization. A good management team will be able to smartly use all of our picks anyways.

Last edited:

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Edvinsson has very questionable IQ. It's defnitely classic Canucks for us to go from Hughes to Edvinsson because we won the last few games in garbage time out of "pride".

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I think I've figured it out... we're winning games now so we get a worse pick this year so we can tank harder in 2022 and 2023. Truly 4D chess :thumbu::D

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia