Post-Game Talk: #2 - Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It seems to me that the Rangers have done this kind of thing a number of times in the last 3-4 years. It's like last year there was a game against Minnesota we were complete dog **** for two periods and down 4-0 and then we come back and score 5 goals in the third to win the game---and we had a game like that against the Islanders last year. There were probably two or three other times as well last year.

We've got a resilient team. Very good character throughout the lineup. The Rangers don't give up even in awful situations. Rangers are good at turning almost certain defeat into victories--maybe better at it than any other team in the league. Tonight is another case in point.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Lindberg really impressive. Making good defensive plays, strong on the PK, scoring key goals as well. Doing everything and more right now. Rest of the team needs to pick it up though. Lundqvist on top of his game early on, all of the goals allowed so far he hasn't had any help on. Columbus is going to want to return the favor tomorrow night and spoil the home opener, the Rangers better be prepared. Outside of the 1st period against Chicago and the crazy final minutes tonight, the offense hasn't shown much of a pulse. Nash and Brassard need to find their game, pronto.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
They'll get there if Bobrovsky doesn't melt down in the final 2 minutes of the game.

This team looks like the SC winning Bruins team, just without the Chara on D.

Ironic part is that there is some speculation out there that the Bruins might blow it all up and trade Chara (NMC) and Rask.

Was reported by Eliott Friedman that the Bruins are looking into this and won't hesitate to ask Chara to waive his NMC.

The team that's interested in Chara? CBJ.

If BOS has a game or two like the one they just had, expect them to melt it down.

No point paying Rask, Kreiji, Chara $7M+ to be on a bottom feeder.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Could you imagine if Oscar wasnt on this roster at start of year cause of glass?!

mti79

May 11, 2007
First goal predictions.

Wow, what a game that was. Hopefully the boys carry over the emotion tomorrow. Score early and get back in their heads.

With that said, who is scoring the first Rangers goal in the home opener and when.

I'm saying Rick Nash at 2:12 of the first.

Jun 16, 2015
i watched the highlights but fox sports commentator ruined the last three goals, he was devastated and it made me sad too :(

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Was great to see the team respond to McDonough's delay of game mishap and turn the game around. They rallied and Bobrovsky fell apart.

Great start to the season, now lets open up MSG with a win tomorrow night!

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It seems to me that the Rangers have done this kind of thing a number of times in the last 3-4 years. It's like last year there was a game against Minnesota we were complete dog **** for two periods and down 4-0 and then we come back and score 5 goals in the third to win the game---and we had a game like that against the Islanders last year. There were probably two or three other times as well last year.

We've got a resilient team. Very good character throughout the lineup. The Rangers don't give up even in awful situations. Rangers are good at turning almost certain defeat into victories--maybe better at it than any other team in the league. Tonight is another case in point.

Yup. Even back to the 05-06 season. Remember Sykora's last second goal off his helmet against STL? Remember Dominic Moore's last second tying goal from behind the net on Luongo?

That's lived on in the Rangers "culture" since then, and particularly in this team. This core group has a flair for the dramatic, no panic at all. I think their light personalities help with that as well. Just seems like a laid back, goofy locker room.

With this team, I never count them out of any game.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
why is our home opener on the second night of a back to back?

anyway, I thought McDonagh had a noticeably good game. He made a lot of good plays with the puck, some bad, but was very engaged. He's gotta tap into that more often, seems like the captaincy has had him reign his emotions in a bit. Jagr, Drury, Callahan. All good captains by my estimation. None great. All pretty flatline personality wise. Hope that McDonagh learns how to be a more emotional leader, he's got it in him, no doubt.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was 2-1 CBJ and then I'm like

12140075_10153033112816432_1417465504289471235_o.jpg

mti79

May 11, 2007
Maybe Bob isn't worried about losing Game 1 and just really wanted the discount from Papa John's so he could get a snack when he gets to NY.

Wolfy*

Zucc promised to shoot more. He keeps that promise, and look...it turns into goals :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zuccs first goal came with 2/3 of the 4th line on the ice. Nash looked a little more engaged, which isn't sayin much, and Brass is way out of sync.

Yeah, Brass has looked really bad. He also started last season very poorly, so let's hope he gets back to himself sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad