Injury Report: #2: Nolan Patrick Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26, '19); 1-year $874,125 qualifying offer (Oct. 16, '20)

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
You would hope by the this point, NP would be ready to go. He’s basically had an entire year off from contact. If not now, then when? The only other alternative I can think of is that NP and the Flyers have a handshake agreement to give NP the year off to get healthy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ready to go where?

He was already practicing with the team before the season was suspended.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Some Flyers returning to Voorhees practice facility Monday, most will remain in hometowns; Nolan Patrick ‘feeling better’

Patrick again “Feeling better” which is good news as much as it isn’t news. He has skating and training which is good news. Plan is to return to philly closer to training camp which is good bc I thought he may not bother at all. Seems like there is a chance he is available for the playoffs.

With other teams getting back their ace players from injury it would be great to ad Patrick back to JVR and Myers who I think will be big time contributors for the playoffs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick would be a huge addition,

JVR - Patrick - Pitlick/NAK on the 3rd line,
or move Laughton to 2LW and Farabee to 3RW
or Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick/NAK on the 4th line.

Provides more options as well as depth.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Patrick would be a huge addition,

JVR - Patrick - Pitlick/NAK on the 3rd line,
or move Laughton to 2LW and Farabee to 3RW
or Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick/NAK on the 4th line.

Provides more options as well as depth.

Really does change the threat level of this team. He’s already a really solid player. And the more matchup issues we can cause the better.

That would be a fantastic add if he can go. Not counting on it of course but honestly it's just good to hear he is still improving even if this is more of a next season thing.

Great news that it seems like he will get back by at least next year. I wonder what his contract will be.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
This whole year has been a migraine....

hopefully he is 100% before coming back. I honestly would love him back, but if there is potential for a set back, it’s not worth it. Not only for his career, but his life.

I can’t wait to have hockey back

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was doing well but it cleared for contact yet right? I forgot he was even practicing with the team.
I think he was just around as they were trying to work through his returning to play regimen. There wasn't any imminent plan to get him back into the lineup.

There was also the salary cap to consider, the Flyers at the pause of the season were $70K away from the ceiling with 2 other players on LTIR.

Reactions: TheKingPin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Dont think theres any chance he plays in the playoffs even if he's good to go unless they are on the brink and think he can be a boost. Temper your expectations. He hasn't played actual hockey in over 13 months. Theres no way to know if he would be a great addition. Maybe if they use the round robin games to see whether he can play or not is enough but other guys need that prep time too. Theres no room to grow into the season this is playoffs.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Dont think theres any chance he plays in the playoffs even if he's good to go unless they are on the brink and think he can be a boost. Temper your expectations. He hasn't played actual hockey in over 13 months. Theres no way to know if he would be a great addition. Maybe if they use the round robin games to see whether he can play or not is enough but other guys need that prep time too. Theres no room to grow into the season this is playoffs.

Kind of similar to these guys playing bc they have to make money while they can and how it will effect the salary cap, Patrick has a contract coming up. If he’s cleared he’s going to likely want to play. I also think he should play because it has been so long since he played. It’s been 13 months so probably better not to have it be 19 months or whatever it will be.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kind of similar to these guys playing bc they have to make money while they can and how it will effect the salary cap, Patrick has a contract coming up. If he’s cleared he’s going to likely want to play. I also think he should play because it has been so long since he played. It’s been 13 months so probably better not to have it be 19 months or whatever it will be.

Took Stephen Johns 18 months to return from the same issue.

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Yea but when you’re cleared you are cleared and you play. Obviously everyone is very different. The progress Patrick was making before the pause was very encouraging. I wouldn’t sit him now a few months later if it seems like he could be cleared.

Reactions: orangey

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Slightly different issue arguably.

Johns apparently had "post-traumatic headaches" vs a long standing migraine issue.

Are not really too many directly comparable cases in NHL... Bäckström has the same issue, but his was kind of ever present from day entered pro hockey but could "manage" them okay and has only missed a few games here and there due to them.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yea but when you’re cleared you are cleared and you play. Obviously everyone is very different. The progress Patrick was making before the pause was very encouraging. I wouldn’t sit him now a few months later if it seems like he could be cleared.
It’s encouraging he’s been skating. I don’t know the odds, but if he comes to minicamp cleared for contact and is flying, he will want to play and they will use him.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad