Injury Report: #2: Nolan Patrick Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26, '19); 1-year $874,125 qualifying offer (Oct. 16, '20)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Please do not burn me. I assure you, whatever causes these things is of absolutely no benefit to me whatsoever, and causes more than enough pain that I dont need to be punished further. Me blacking out and collapsing is not because a demon took over my body, or anything of the such.

Are you sure? Have witnesses heard you speak in tongues and evoke the Devil? :sarcasm:

Just kidding, I'm sure it sucks and wish the best for you.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sorry trying to make a joke to lighten it up. Clearly it’s something we no very little about. But we aren’t living in the Middle Ages either.

Well, depends what news channel you follow.
I've heard that science can't be trusted, which I guess means it's time to revert back to Astrology and reading entrails.
I'm gonna go look for the formula that turns lead into gold.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Are you sure? Have witnesses heard you speak in tongues and evoke the Devil? :sarcasm:

Just kidding, I'm sure it sucks and wish the best for you.

Contrary to some beliefs around here, these reports are unfounded, I promise. I'll whole-heartedly admit to sometimes being an asshole, but thats of my own doing, not some other-worldly being. Its part of my charm. ;)

Appreciate the well wishes.

Reactions: Larry44

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's also a mentalite, some players gravitate to dirty areas, others are more finesse.

JVR, like Hayes and Voracek, uses his body more to shield the puck than to force play, he doesn't really park in front of goalies and set screens - what made Simmonds a pain in the ass was not just his ability to sink rebounds, but his persistence, you'd cross check him and he'd just bounce off and twist back in front of the goalie - so you had two or more bodies blocking the goalie's vision.

Lindblom and Patrick are fearless, so is Farabee, but he's so undersized he just gets shoved out the play right now, in a couple years, when he grows up, he'll be a similar player in terms of style.

TK goes to the net, but he looks for open space for obvious reasons, if he sets a screen, the goalie will just look over him. And he's not going to win a lot of wrestling matches in front of the net.

I wouldn't blame Patrick for being less fearless as a net-front presence given the puck he took to the head that, if it didn't directly flare up his migraine disorder, did it no favours.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Patrick’s migraines really have nothing to do with playing net front on the PP.

It’s really not any more dangerous there than anywhere else. Unless we’re worrying about him being hit in the head with a puck, which is dangerous for anyone in that spot.
When Tyson Foerster is shooting, it will be dangerous in front of the net.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Unless we’re worrying about him being hit in the head with a puck, which is dangerous for anyone in that spot.

Unless we’re worrying about him being hit in the head with a puck

worrying about him being hit in the head with a puck

him being hit in the head with a puck

hit in the head with a puck

hit in the head

with a puck

Bruh... :pout:

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Contrary to some beliefs around here, these reports are unfounded, I promise. I'll whole-heartedly admit to sometimes being an asshole, but thats of my own doing, not some other-worldly being. Its part of my charm. ;)

E7D49403-2620-4603-BA8F-10053AC31ACA.gif

Reactions: Starat327

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Sometimes?......

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Starat327

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Patrick is playing again today. Same deal as before. The lineup seems a little stronger than usual. Quite a few noteworthy defensemen on the team opposing Patrick.
Pretty clear he has been cleared for contact. While I doubt there is hitting per se. it’s not practice with a no contact jersey.

Reactions: Rebels57

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Pretty clear he has been cleared for contact. While I doubt there is hitting per se. it’s not practice with a no contact jersey.
Probably. But fletch dodged the question when asked saying that scrimmages don’t have to be cleared by the team. Great news for Patrick.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Thing is, as I see it anyway, is that IF the headaches were hit/concussion based, it's not telling us all that much... BUT, if they were stemming from athletic exertion and/or his life situation, then it's telling us quite a bit that he is now able to do this without problems. Let's hope the problem is solely from the latter.

I hope that made sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Nolan is playing today in the weekly Manitoba game.

Sanheim is also playing on the same team as Patrick. He's paired with Provorov's old partner in Brandon, Macoy Erkamps.
Figures that Sanheim is spending his offseason playing in dumb scrimmages rather than getting yolked. Pathetic. Where are the pictures of him doing lunges with chains around his neck? He needs to learn or thing or 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad