Injury Report: #2: Nolan Patrick Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26, '19); 1-year $874,125 qualifying offer (Oct. 16, '20)

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
“... I immediately go ‘Hey man. What’s up? How you doing?’ and then I said, “Hey, I totally didn’t mean to hit you like that man. I was so committed and I was so fired up. I am trying to stay up here, and there was a little turn at the last second…mostly my fault obviously”. And he goes, “Dude, it’s fine”. So I asked him, “Did it affect your head” or whatever, and he touches the back of his head and says, “No, I got a puck in the ear and like all different other stuff”.”

- Kurtis Gabriel

Not much of an apology, is it? :laugh:

More broadly, if you don't apologize in the first week or two after the incident and indeed wait until you are signed to the same team and coincidentally see each other while rounding a corner, then you're not sorry. Instincts about this guy were right.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Inserting what we hope to be two top 6 forwards would be unreal

We have the luxury of even using both on the 4th line to start to ease them back in.

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
JVR - Frost - Laughton (can swap Frost & Laughton)
Lindblom - Patrick - NAK

Raffl - Maybe Pitlick

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think Frost or Laughton will be playing RW anytime soon, more likely you'd move Farabee over.

Really the entire middle 9 is interchangeable but I didnt feel like breaking down all of the possibilities.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am very happy with two playoff rounds this year, but to be a contender I think you need a high end 3C. Hopefully Patrick. Lindblom and Patrick make us contenders.

Reactions: Larry44

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am very happy with two playoff rounds this year, but to be a contender I think you need a high end 3C. Hopefully Patrick. Lindblom and Patrick make us contenders.

If Laughton can be as effective at 3C as he was at LW, he could be comparable to what Bozak did for the Blues last season. Not saying I expect that, but I do think he has it in him.

Reactions: flyersNducks

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If Laughton can be as effective at 3C as he was at LW, he could be comparable to what Bozak did for the Blues last season. Not saying I expect that, but I do think he has it in him.

But he’s not effective as a center. I was thinking Frost if not Patrick next season as the 3C. I would think Frost should be in the lineup pretty easily next year.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But he’s not effective as a center. I was thinking Frost if not Patrick next season as the 3C. I would think Frost should be in the lineup pretty easily next year.

Im referring to the playoffs. Next season is when Frost becomes a realistic 3C option. Maybe NP too.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Good to see the Flyers doing the right thing, another six months and hopefully this will be behind him.

I'm not sold on Laughton at 3C, but the alternative is Grant or Frost.
Frost may have a lot of talent, but his road numbers show that he's vulnerable against certain matchups right now. And that will be worse in a playoff type situation.
Grant is a 4C who is meh at 3C.

My suspicion is AV will mix and match this summer, maybe depending on opponent and home/away (i.e. he gets to control matchups).

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So I asked him, “Did it affect your head” or whatever, and he touches the back of his head and says, “No, I got a puck in the ear and like all different other stuff”.”

- Kurtis Gabriel
This is further confirmation that the migraines are connected to the Clutterbuck shot to the back of the head, i.e. concussion, on top of his past and family history. Good luck with the recovery, NP.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Frost should 100% be in contention to play 3C in these playoffs. No one has played hockey since March, and they have three weeks of camp plus three warmup games to see who is the best option right now.

I'm down with it. If he looks great in camp and exhibition games, why not? The only issue I see is the glut of bottom 6 forwards we have. Frost playing forces someone else out, and i'm not sure who that someone would be. They all played well down the stretch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm down with it. If he looks great in camp and exhibition games, why not? The only issue I see is the glut of bottom 6 forwards we have. Frost playing forces someone else out, and i'm not sure who that someone would be. They all played well down the stretch.

That's why I suspect mix and match. AV has already said he expects to play more than 20.
Frost for example might be used only for "home" games where he can be sheltered until he shows he's ready for tougher matchups.
Grant and Thompson might play against slower, more physical teams.
And so on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's why I suspect mix and match. AV has already said he expects to play more than 20.
Frost for example might be used only for "home" games where he can be sheltered until he shows he's ready for tougher matchups.
Grant and Thompson might play against slower, more physical teams.
And so on.

I think Thompson gets into 1 of the exhibition games and maybe 1 of the round robin games, but otherwise we won't see him unless there are injuries to a 4th liner.

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
JVR - Laughton - NAK
Raffl - Grant - Pitlick

He's not playing over any of those players when we are healthy.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad