#2 Niagara vs #3 Oshawa

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
You know that Oshawa's biggest strength is their speed, right? Noel, Salinitri, Neumann, Saigeon are all top 10-15 skaters in the OHL.....

I'd like to think we have a pretty mobile backend in PBO (Merkley, Chisholm, Fraser, Spearing etc) and they were no match for the Gens speed. The Petes only chance was when they completely backed up and forced them to dump it in to take the speed away.

I think Niagara will win this series because the the D zone is the Gens undoing and NIA has the best F group in the league, but to say speed is the Gens weakness just means you dont follow the OHL at all lol.

Individual skating talent doesn't always translate to an up tempo style of play. They are average at best with breakouts and struggle to convert neutral zone turnovers into scoring chances. The difference in Brandon Saigeon's game since coming to Oshawa is striking. He would force turnovers and lead the rush in Hamilton, but he's tried to adapt to a more restricted style and not found much success 5 on 5.

To call Serron Noel a top 10 skater is absurd in my opinion. He's done really good work to bring his skating up to almost average from the mess he was in his rookie season, but that's still the biggest concern with regards to his pro potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Question for dogs fans again. Where is best area to park ? According to map and what I’ve read parking isn’t great right at arena but within a 5 minute walk there is parking. Where do you suggest? This is for Sunday’s game.
Thanks

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Question for dogs fans again. Where is best area to park ? According to map and what I’ve read parking isn’t great right at arena but within a 5 minute walk there is parking. Where do you suggest? This is for Sunday’s game.
Thanks
There is limited parking on Race St just up from the arena. Most people park downtown and take a foot bridge that goes directly to the arena. I believe there are two bridges for pedestrians from downtown.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Thanks
There are 2 parking garages within 5 to 10 minute walks from the arena. One is located close to the corner of Ontario St and St. Paul St and the other is on Garden Park. Both are $5 and are situated downtown allowing easy access to restaurants and bars. As Canadian Game stated above, the arena is accessed from downtown by 2 pedestrian bridges as the arena sits in the old river ravine next to Hwy 406. You enter the arena on the top floor and walk down to the seating concourse.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Thanks
You will not get parking at the arena. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO! There is two parking garages within walking distance. One is at 8 Ontario street, the other is 71 Carlisle street. Both are $5 on game nights. Both are steps away from St.Paul street. St. Paul street has loads of restaurants for pre and post game festivities. Kullys is one of the best but damn near impossible to get in to unless you arrive two hours early. The two pedestrian bridges that lead into the arena are also on St.Paul street.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Phillips going to the docthis morning from what Ingather to see if he can play, Thomas apparently told a friend he playing I guess we have to see. No update on Maksimov.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
That penalty is called in overtime??? Brutal

No holding on Maclean 30 seconds before :huh:

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
That’s the same Left Shoulder injury for Thomas as earlier in the season ff51?
I don’t know. I was told tonight that Maksimov hasn’t resumed skating yet. I was told he will start next week, but we heard that a week ago too. I didn’t see Thomas anywhere in the building tonight. He may have been there by I didn’t see him. I’m wondering if the LA doctors are looking at him again. All speculation at this point.

The Dogs carried the play almost all night. With Thomas and Maksimov out, they aren’t nearly as deep but still put up another 50 shots. This time against a much better opponent in Oshawa. Should be a very good and long series.

Reactions: three dog night

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I don’t know. I was told tonight that Maksimov hasn’t resumed skating yet. I was told he will start next week, but we heard that a week ago too. I didn’t see Thomas anywhere in the building tonight. He may have been there by I didn’t see him. I’m wondering if the LA doctors are looking at him again. All speculation at this point.

The Dogs carried the play almost all night. With Thomas and Maksimov out, they aren’t nearly as deep but still put up another 50 shots. This time against a much better opponent in Oshawa. Should be a very good and long series.
I suspect he is back in LA then, like the first time he was injured.
Yes, the Meridian Center Shot Clock, one on the hand and another on the foot.
Expect a long series. See ya tomorrow.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
upload_2019-4-7_17-10-21.jpeg

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Sopa should been called as well. That team is a GD joke.
What you guys didn’t see on TV, was a lengthy conversation with the ref and the Gens bench.
ID’s are having their way in the Gens blue paint.
I would be embarrassed to be an IceDogs fan right now.
Brassard is a child out there. Dragging his cells infront of the Gens bench, then skating passed the lineman to do it again.
#21 red vs #18 on Tuesday. I see something brewing.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Very good sign going forward in this years playoffs. Refs are starting to notice his antics. Niagara's fan forum was offended that Gens Updates even mentioned Jones took a dive in game 1.
They are wing nuts on that form (except for Fishfan51).
Shall I gather the other screen shots of the other times he has been called a diver? He’s a joke playing like that.
Cheaters and divers.

Last edited:

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Very good sign going forward in this years playoffs. Refs are starting to notice his antics. Niagara's fan forum was offended that Gens Updates even mentioned Jones took a dive in game 1.
Looks like Salinitri was doing his best “Jones” impersonation out there today. Numerous dives and beaking at the refs way too much.

Reactions: three dog night

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Refs meh, Gens bench laid I got he bands right after 40 minutes.
#3 the diver stayed out on the ice the entire time.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Looks like Salinitri was doing his best “Jones” impersonation out there today. Numerous dives and beaking at the refs way too much.

Don’t have Rogers so I had to listen to the radio broadcast. Might as well give it a shot if Jones has been able to get away with it in round 1 and 2

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00