#2 Niagara vs #3 Oshawa

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Looks like Salinitri was doing his best “Jones” impersonation out there today. Numerous dives and beaking at the refs way too much.
Um, glasses on, that wasn’t a dive, he was hooked big time but, stayed up like a man, then expressed his opinion to the bands.

Put the purses away IceDogs, no need to play like that.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Ice dogs dive all over the place! Maksimov and Jones are the main offenders and I guess as long as you have one of the most lethal power plays in the league, why not try to get a call. From what I've seen over the last 11 years of watching Ice dogs hockey, we are not the first and certainly won't be the last team to try attracting penalty calls.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Ice dogs dive all over the place! Maksimov and Jones are the main offenders and I guess as long as you have one of the most lethal power plays in the league, why not try to get a call. From what I've seen over the last 11 years of watching Ice dogs hockey, we are not the first and certainly won't be the last team to try attracting penalty calls.
And, you wonder why Thomas and Maxi are not playing?

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Thank you for at least admitting it. Most of the other dogs fans jump up in arms at the mention of it. We’ll see how the rest of the series and playoffs plays out. The Soo had that reputation in last years playoffs, karma eventually caught up with them and they got stuffed by the Bulldogs.

Reactions: View from section 9

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Um, glasses on, that wasn’t a dive, he was hooked big time but, stayed up like a man, then expressed his opinion to the bands.

Put the purses away IceDogs, no need to play like that.

On 2 occasions he most definitely dove. One was so blatantly obvious that everyone around us started chanting Salinitri’s name.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

You're definitely right. At the end of the day, if Ben Jones can draw a penalty by diving, it helps his team. As an opposing fan, it's going to make me hate him. But if he gets his team a big PP in the playoffs, he doesn't give a shit that I think he is classless and embarrassing lol

What we can agree on though is the Niagara commentator with the "Ben Jones doesn't play that way at all, he never has" after he gets called for diving is an all-time clip because of how stupid it is. Like I said, you can argue whether diving is fine because it helps the team, but no OHL fan in the world can argue Ben Jones doesn't dive

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
My view of the series so far.... Niagara has absolutely dominated Oshawa with puck possession and control in other teams end and shots. Niagara deserves to be up 2-0 but there was a chance that oshawa could have come home tied in the series and hope to change the way they play at home. That first game penalty in overtime was horrible. I chatted with a few Dog fans at game yesterday and they agreed wholeheartedly that that wasn't a penalty in overtime.
I'm a little upset with the lack of pressure or lack of puck possession we have had. I keep saying to myself that this isn't anywhere close to 2015's team which played with the puck and played with much more intensity. I get that this Oshawa team is much different and really rely's on the top goalie we have in Keyser.We also need PP time as we do have a strong two pp units. I just wish we had a few more guys who would play with a little more intensity. BUT I get its not their game so those type of players need to be added moving forward. I hate picking on Noel but he is a gifted player and a NHL draft pick but watching him without the puck gets a little frustrating. He really doesn't use his body and if he doesnt add that part to the game he wont be playing in the show.
Really impressed with the arena yesterday. The crowd was right into and the arena atmosphere with marching band and video board encouragement really had the crowd all in. Hoping that The Gens pull out a couple wins this week but it won't surprise me either to see Niagara move on and thats Ok. they are playing at a very high level and I would say that they are the team to beat the rest of the way unless the series somehow changes this week.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Funny thing after the game walking outside the arena a fan was checking my sons Red Oshawa Generals jersey and said that the Best jersey! We chat a little further and I find out he's a former General, Jason Sweitzer who lives in the Niagara area now. He said its the Best looking jersey! I agree.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see if we can turn this around.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Really impressed with the arena yesterday. The crowd was right into and the arena atmosphere with marching band and video board encouragement really had the crown all in. Hoping that The Gens pull out a couple wins this week but it won't surprise me either to see Niagara move on and thats Ok. they are playing at a very high level and I would say that they are the team to beat the rest of the way unless the series somehow changes this week.
Lots of Gens fans in attendance yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere. I hope you and your son were treated well.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Lots of Gens fans in attendance yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere. I hope you and your son were treated well.

Really enjoyed the game atmosphere except the final score lol. Yes we were treated very well. My nephew was with us in his Dogs jersey and my son says to him after the game next year we are coming back to watch Oshawa win as your team will lose most of your team! I guess he must have heard me say that before lol.

Oh well ohl hockey is like that, you build a team to win then sometimes it takes a few years to get back to that place so when you are a team like niagara this year you do what they did and go all in to win.
Really nice arena with room to walk around. The downtown with all the restaurant choices was awesome too. A total before and after game experience !

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Really enjoyed the game atmosphere except the final score lol. Yes we were treated very well. My nephew was with us in his Dogs jersey and my son says to him after the game next year we are coming back to watch Oshawa win as your team will lose most of your team! I guess he must have heard me say that before lol.

Oh well ohl hockey is like that, you build a team to win then sometimes it takes a few years to get back to that place so when you are a team like niagara this year you do what they did and go all in to win.
Really nice arena with room to walk around. The downtown with all the restaurant choices was awesome too. A total before and after game experience !
Glad you were treated well and had an enjoyable experience. Loved how into the game your fans were. They kept things nice and loud and made for a nice Go Dogs/Gens Go competition. Lots of fun. Only complaint about the MC is I wish the concourse was 2x wider. Too much congestion. Ooh well.
Still haven’t been to a game in Oshawa. Had tix for last years’ playoffs but had a heart attack the day before and had to give them to my kids.
I expect Oshawa will take the next one. They are too good not to.

Reactions: three dog night

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
This is the season tonight. The Generals need to change this series at home. Hope they come out skating and forcing the play on the Ice dogs.

Hoping for a Gens win... I'll go with 4-3 Oshawa win

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Crazy first period. Tough for the Gens that they couldn’t get a goal on 18 shots.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Looking at who picked Niagara in 4 and of course its Fischaber.... It will be a cold day in hell when he finally gives the Gens some benefit of the doubt. I don't think people are crazy to say Niagara will win the series, but saying in 4? Come on now.

Last edited:

bladesausteel2941

Apr 12, 2019
Not impressed with Dhillon. I've always thought he was overrated. I'm from Niagara area and this hurts me but Oshawa in 7. If the Dogs win this series, 5 and done versus Ottawa.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Looking at who picked Niagara in 4 and of course its Fischaber.... It will be a cold day in hell when he finally gives the Gens some benefit of the doubt. I don't think people are crazy to say Niagara will win the series, but saying in 4? Come on now.

He literally said the Gens lack of speed would be the reason they get swept.... Meanwhile that's their 2nd biggest strength after Keyser. After his "Villalta will be top 3 and Keyser won't even be top 5 next year" argument with me last year, we have to start asking if this guy has ever actually even watched an OHL game before or not

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Oshawa wins this in 6. Oshawa has better character, Niagara defense is slow, Keyser is better goalie and whoever is behind Oshawas bench will outcoach Burke. Niagara has advantage offensively but the flopping and diving wont work and they wont know what to do.

I finally got one exactly right. There’s going to be some great chirps on this board tonight....bye bye Burkes.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Niagara in 5. I dislike Brassard and Studnicka but I think they'll come back to bite Oshawa in this series. Hindsight is 20/20 so I wonder if Oshawa regrets bolstering Niagara by making that trade.

:naughty:

Lleyton Moore is going to be an absolute stud too. He probably would’ve been playing top pair minutes in that series over Roberts had they have kept him. Billy Burke can’t find a hole big enough to crawl into

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa wins this in 6. Oshawa has better character, Niagara defense is slow, Keyser is better goalie and whoever is behind Oshawas bench will outcoach Burke. Niagara has advantage offensively but the flopping and diving wont work and they wont know what to do.

This was spot on. Oshawa in 6. Oshawa stayed disciplined and Niagara did not. Keyser was way better than Dhillon. Oshawa’s fast forwards exposed Niagara’s slow D. All bang on

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
:naughty:

Lleyton Moore is going to be an absolute stud too. He probably would’ve been playing top pair minutes in that series over Roberts had they have kept him. Billy Burke can’t find a hole big enough to crawl into

Yup this one was a surprise. If it makes you feel good about your chances seeing me pick against the Gens, I'm going Ottawa in 5 next round lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad