#2 Niagara vs #3 Oshawa

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
After an intriguing 1st round of OHL playoffs (sarcasm intended), round 2 is now set.

Game #1 Fri. Apr. 5 Osh @ Nia 7pm
Game #2 Sun. Apr. 7 Osh @ Nia 2pm
Game #3 Tues. Apr. 9 Nia @ Osh 7:05pm
Game #4 Thurs. Apr. 11 Nia @ Osh 7:05pm

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I anticipate several thread bans and posts deleted in each thread for trolling because of this series. I'll have to get the popcorn out.

As for the series, Niagara in 5. I dislike Brassard and Studnicka but I think they'll come back to bite Oshawa in this series. Hindsight is 20/20 so I wonder if Oshawa regrets bolstering Niagara by making that trade.

Last edited:

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
I anticipate several thread bans and posts deleted in each thread for trolling because of this series. I'll have to get the popcorn out.

As for the series, Niagara in 5. I dislike Brassard and Studnicka but I think they'll come back to bite Oshawa in this series. Hindsight is 20/20 so I wonder if Oshawa regrets bolstering Niagara by making that trade.

I understand your point of view. But I dont think so. Sure they traded 2 of their better player but it also allowed tbem to add more who will be here for atleast 3 years neumann who will be back next. I think generals got better at the deadline for this season but also improved for years beyond

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

You should be concentrating Sudbury's series vs Ottawa
Ottawa in 5

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I think this series has potential to go the distance. Niagara plays a system that is probably more to the Gens liking. The Petes would suck the life out of the arena when they weren’t getting blown out. Niagara is gonna keep pushing for goals. Should leave the neutral zone more wide open for guys like Noel and Neumann to use their speed. As always, gonna need Keyser to keep us in these games. The PK is gonna have to stay hot too. They’re gonna get put to the test with Niagara looking for calls left and right.

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
Oshawa in 7........For me this is the series of the second round to watch. What tips me to the Generals side is how they've played the past 4-6 weeks.The goaltending battle should be epic. I've always favoured Keyser over Dhillion, but the difference is minimal. Also intrigued how the deadline deal plays out with Brassard and Studnicka. They are difference makers with potentially a chip on their shoulders. On paper I'd say Niagara and maybe a year early for the Generals to make serious noise, but I have a gut feeling on this one. Either way it should play out to be a great series and likely the best of the second round

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I've never been impressed with Oshawa's slow and plodding style of play and after a baffling series of deadline moves I like them even less. I think Niagara takes this series in short order.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I've never been impressed with Oshawa's slow and plodding style of play and after a baffling series of deadline moves I like them even less. I think Niagara takes this series in short order.
Totally agree, I’ve seen them win several games this year they had no business winning. Limit the damage by the top line, minimize the penalties as I’ve seen them stay in games or pull ahead because of a PP and watch the odd man rushes. Keyser is also a huge factor so they’d have to get him but for me Niagara in six (or less).

Reactions: three dog night

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I’m not saying Oshawa will win series but it should be closer than you think. I find it funny how bad Sudbury and soo fans in the above post don’t give Oshawa a chance and yet the Generals took the season series on both your teams who are pretty good teams too :nod:

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
I’m not saying Oshawa will win series but it should be closer than you think. I find it funny how bad Sudbury and soo fans in the above post don’t give Oshawa a chance and yet the Generals took the season series on both your teams who are pretty good teams too :nod:

Sudbury took the season series on Oshawa actually, 5 points to 4. :nod::popcorn:

2-1-1

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Niagara won the season series 3 points to 2

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
You should do some research before claiming you won the season series if you actually lost both. I’m 100% sure you lost to us

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Niagara won the season series 3 points to 2

Congrats. They played 2 games. Oshawa won 1, Niagara won the other. Sneak that extra OT point in there to make yourself feel better. Regular season can be thrown out the window considering both teams have drastically changed since their last game in December.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
You should do some research before claiming you won the season series if you actually lost both. I’m 100% sure you lost to us

Sept 28 Sudbury won 5-2 (Oshawa missing players at nhl camps, so I throw that out lol)

Mon feb 18 Oshawa won 3-2

Sat mar 2 Sudbury won 5-4

Sun March 17th most important game of the year Generals win 8-2

So summing it up I see why wolves fans don’t want to play Oshawa if and a big if they got by Ottawa.

And two games against the Soo this year

Shoot out loss in Oshawa 3-2

Oshawa won in the Soo 3-2

Hence my post directed at Soo and Sudbury fans who want Oshawa out badly or give zero respect to the caliber of team the Generals are.
I think it will be a close series with niagara but acknowledge that the Ice dogs are the favourite.

Just my opinion

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Sept 28 Sudbury won 5-2 (Oshawa missing players at nhl camps, so I throw that out lol)

So summing it up I see why wolves fans don’t want to play Oshawa if and a big if they got by Ottawa.

Hence my post directed at Soo and Sudbury fans who want Oshawa out badly or give zero respect to the caliber of team the Generals are.
I think it will be a close series with niagara but acknowledge that the Ice dogs are the favourite.

Just my opinion
I think you'll win to be fair

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Oshawa wins this in 6. Oshawa has better character, Niagara defense is slow, Keyser is better goalie and whoever is behind Oshawas bench will outcoach Burke. Niagara has advantage offensively but the flopping and diving wont work and they wont know what to do.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017

Just my opinion

Or maybe the Wolves fans here wanting Oshawa out doesn't have anything to do with the team/players...

Regardless, what I want vs what I think are 2 different things. I want Sudbury to beat Ottawa, but I don't think it'll happen. I want Niagara and Oshawa to have a rough 7 game series, again I don't think that'll happen, hence my IceDogs in 5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad