#2 Niagara vs #3 Oshawa

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Oshawa wins this in 6. Oshawa has better character, Niagara defense is slow, Keyser is better goalie and whoever is behind Oshawas bench will outcoach Burke. Niagara has advantage offensively but the flopping and diving wont work and they wont know what to do.
I agree, a bag of popcorn out Coaches baby Burke and yes, jokes on Niagara when the Gennies gave them a slow Brassard.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Congrats. They played 2 games. Oshawa won 1, Niagara won the other. Sneak that extra OT point in there to make yourself feel better. Regular season can be thrown out the window considering both teams have drastically changed since their last game in December.
Still the edge

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
You do have to hand it to Roger however.

Fakes Joey he’s gong left in trading Jack, and even throws in his old slow defencemen in the deal. Robs Joey of Moore. Joey’s thinking “sweet, only three teams in the East are in contention”.

Roger, then, goes right, adding a faster just as talented but younger Centre man, adds a better not slow defencemen with MC experience.

Now, if Roger can finish off Joey in the semi’s it would be bitter sweet. Plus, Joey will have to watch Moore for another few years.

Please hockey gods come thru on this and punish off the cheaters in a very appropriate way.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Fakes Joey he’s gong left in trading Jack, and even throws in his old slow defencemen in the deal. Robs Joey of Moore. Joey’s thinking “sweet, only three teams in the East are in contention”.

Roger, then, goes right, adding a faster just as talented but younger Centre man, adds a better not slow defencemen with MC experience.

Now, if Roger can finish off Joey in the semi’s it would be bitter sweet. Plus, Joey will have to watch Moore for another few years.

Please hockey gods come thru on this and punish off the cheaters in a very appropriate way.

I didn’t hate Brassard, but he dropped off quite a bit at the start of the season. Not sure if the new coach’s systems just didn’t work for him or what. Him dangling Wells in the shootout and then smiling at the Petes bench will always be one of the best moments from the past few seasons. Burkie must like his presence on the PP and knows Niagara can dive for calls.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

Your hate isn't healthy for you.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
. Burkie must like his presence on the PP and knows Niagara can dive for calls.

Burke’s eyes must of light up the size of saucers when Roger “thru in” Brassard. All season long the ID’s were looking for that d-man to anchor the Point on the PP. He was running out of forwards to place there. He has the seeing eye shots the ID’s needed, you will see it this weekend. #3 and #23 love to tip them in, pretty good at it as well. Send a man up high on him to put pressure, once the puck is passed him he is easy to blow past for a shortie. Remember, low glove on Stevie, every time.

Yes, yes, watch for the running of the mouth and the diving.

upload_2019-4-1_17-7-23.jpeg

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
No way Oshawa wins game seven in Niagara Dhillon three shut outs in the post season,
No offense to Dhillon but that was a product of a powerplay that was failing and your very strong D you won't get a pass when on the PK this series. I don't think IDs will outscore Oshawa by 7 PP goals. Should also be a great series.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
No offense to Dhillon but that was a product of a powerplay that was failing and your very strong D you won't get a pass when on the PK this series. I don't think IDs will outscore Oshawa by 7 PP goals. Should also be a great series.
Oshawa a good team but not a powerhouse Keyser GAA last season playoff against us was 4.50 and we where slightly weaker than this year in our offence.

GensBrandon

Dec 19, 2015
Oshawa a good team but not a powerhouse Keyser GAA last season playoff against us was 4.50 and we where slightly weaker than this year in our offence.

You cannot compare Kyle last season to this season. Oshawa is a stronger team this year as well. Your argument once again works in reverse.

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
I’ll be attending game 5 assuming the generals don’t sweep. Bring on the chirps niagara!
Prediction: niagara wins First 2 then gens win 4 straight and win it in 6 at home.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I've never been impressed with Oshawa's slow and plodding style of play and after a baffling series of deadline moves I like them even less. I think Niagara takes this series in short order.

You know that Oshawa's biggest strength is their speed, right? Noel, Salinitri, Neumann, Saigeon are all top 10-15 skaters in the OHL.....

I'd like to think we have a pretty mobile backend in PBO (Merkley, Chisholm, Fraser, Spearing etc) and they were no match for the Gens speed. The Petes only chance was when they completely backed up and forced them to dump it in to take the speed away.

I think Niagara will win this series because the the D zone is the Gens undoing and NIA has the best F group in the league, but to say speed is the Gens weakness just means you dont follow the OHL at all lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad