GDT: #2 | Canucks @ Oilers Round 2 | "Toast" | Jan 14, 7 PM | SN1/SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He only had one side to work with. They kept collapsing low and forcing RNH to only pass back to Barrie.

Too easy to defend a left-handed shot on that side.
That’s all Nuge ever does, a pass back to the point. My dog could do that.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know I shouldnt panic because its only one game but the way they played reminded me so much of the play-ins. The thing I dont quite understand is, the play-ins was literally the worst hockey I seen the Oilers play last year. I dont remember them playing that poorly in the regular season last year, like ever. The defense has always had problems moving the puck but for the most part, I think they kept quite a bit of the shots to outside. The amount of brutal defensive plays for easy goals in the play-ins and last night was appalling. I hope we see a good effort tonight but the team seems broken to me, based on the last 5 games. They seem like they play with no intensity or awareness without people in the building. Hopefully this season its just a one off but I wonder how long its going to take them to figure things out. Team is capable of so much more.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Im still hung-over. I find when Im drinking and watching the games and if they play good, Im never hung-over. When they play like crap, I feel like crap. Maybe Im like Hank Williams Jr.

The hangovers hurt more then they use to
I wish I could bring myself to drink on weekdays. Would make watching that much easier

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Probably need Koekkoek with Jones.

He’s the only one that can actually skate to defend after Jones’ adventures.
Its strange that we have seemingly gone from 0 Dmen with offensive instincts to 5 who all want to jump up in play. 6th one being Larsson who score the goal.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
We all hack on Neal but we need a shooter in the mix.

93-97-18 has potential.

Honestly Neal didnt really score any goals last year where he actually sniped anything. I heard a lot about his shot but didnt see it last year. His hands were very good in around the net though on the PP. He was pretty awful on 5 on 5 too.

I did like the Neal that we saw in the play-ins though. So if thats the Neal we get, he can play on my team. But honestly I am kinda getting tired of the guys in the lineup who excel on the PP/PK but are a detriment to the team 5 on 5.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Neal's lack of speed what so ever is concerning. He was very slow last season.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Neal's lack of speed what so ever is concerning. He was very slow last season.

Playing with Connor that's not really a big deal. Remember Maroon? Neal just needs to get into a shooting lane and Connor or Nuge would find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad