GDT: 2/7/19 - 7:30PM EDT - St. Louis vs Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Defence and vasy was brilliant tonight, seems to be the forwards which has dried up abit. Would rather that dried up now instead of the plays offs.

Breakdown of Lightning forward goal scoring:

86: 0 goals in last 9 games
21: 2 G in last 8
91: 5 G in last 11
9: 0 G in last 14
37: 2 G in last 6
10: 3 G in last 20
17: 1 G in last 16
18: 0 G in last 7
7: 4 G in last 12
71: 0 G in last 21
73: 0 G in last 14
13: 0 G in last 19
Captain Stammer the only one showing up. And Joseph I guess.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I don't think your wrong, but when Kuch gets in these funks where he pretty much refuses to shoot and tries to make plays that he even he can't make, I wonder if any kind of coaching would influence him to keep it simple. He's the straw that stirs the drink.
If there ever is a time to intervene, it is a time like now. You help him simplify the game. That’s what will help him get back into gear.

Again, no panic from me. It doesn’t matter. But the team looks like it does in late playoff rounds when it is stuck in quicksand. And I would like Coop to try and pull more levers to expedite the course correct. This way we have a formula for the moment in May. Cooper’s comments after the game were more from the perspective of a passenger - very frustrating.

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Here we go...the switch flip it. After last year, I am genuinely concerned.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
What an odd game. Binnington is the real deal, regardless of our shots not being great, he's a solid goalie.

Vasy was obviously the hero of the game. The assist from the refs is always great.

I've been meaning to watch the replay of the game to see how Point "embellished" and what happened when Vasy fell down and nothing was called.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
What an odd game. Binnington is the real deal, regardless of our shots not being great, he's a solid goalie.

Vasy was obviously the hero of the game. The assist from the refs is always great.

I've been meaning to watch the replay of the game to see how Point "embellished" and what happened when Vasy fell down and nothing was called.

Here is the Vasy clip. Does look like Vasy sticks his glove out trying to slow Tarasenko down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad