Blue Jays Discussion: 2.5 Games Back.... *heavy breathing* - Jays Acquire Cliff Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
A minor league deal, sure. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the mlb roster. I've never liked Norris, he walks tons of hitters and gives up a ton of hits. He also doesn't strike anyone out. Just a disaster all-round.

Well no I wouldn't give him a spot of the big club. That's for sure. I wouldn't mind a minor league deal and see if our staff can change something in his delivery to make him better.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Well no I wouldn't give him a spot of the big club. That's for sure. I wouldn't mind a minor league deal and see if our staff can change something in his delivery to make him better.

Arms are a crapshoot, guys get released all the time. Drabek is now a off speed thrower in the minors and he was the key piece for Halliday.

RedLeaf099*

Series against the Yankees next week is going to be electric!

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Thank goodness I didn't do an avatar bet on this Blue Jays-Yankees series. Otherwise, I'd end up having the latter image as my avatar.

front-91-274x293.jpg

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Also worth noting Arizona is retaining all of Pennington's salary... yeah, AA has zero budget room confirmed, if the Revere trade didn't already do so.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Game is replaying right now on ESPN (yes broadcast). Look up Zeus for kodi for the channel.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Also worth noting Arizona is retaining all of Pennington's salary... yeah, AA has zero budget room confirmed, if the Revere trade didn't already do so.

It's possible that he has a bit of wiggle room and is just trying to save everywhere he can to keep his options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad