Blue Jays Discussion: 2.5 Games Back.... *heavy breathing* - Jays Acquire Cliff Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Orioles have released Bud Norris. He's been awful this season but I dunno, maybe a guy worth taking a flier on and optioning Hutch to the minors.

His velocity has been the same as last year, but high BABIP, low LOB% and homeruns going out of the park at a very high rate has hurt him.
I'm just catching up. Posted later about this. I'd be happy to pick him up on a minor league deal

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Can't believe the Jays have the chance to sweep the Yankees tomorrow .. That would be MASSIVE.

They've already gained a game in this series in the division regardless of tomorrow... But the hype train will go into overdrive if they can finish it off tomorrow

I agree but a loss won't sting. Atleast we got 2/3. But if we sweep, we'll be past the Yankees very soon IMO.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I have a friend who was in Cuba for the time leading up to price's first start. He woke up Monday afternoon, hungover af and caught the end of the highlights of prices first start on ESPN. He could not believe what he was seeing and thought he was dreaming. He had no clue we got him only tulo. The way he told it I could not stop laughing.

Bluejaysfan*

Rasmussen with a wonderful outing in extras for the Mariners. 0.0 IP, 6 hits, 6 ER, 0 BB, 0K's.

Turned a tie game in extras into a blowout.

Cue AA bothering Seattle GM about the availability of King Felix after another poor season for the Mariners. :naughty::D

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Pompey with 2 more hits tonight.

DJ Davis with a HR for Lansing.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Definitely remember the Jays sweeping a four gamer there in '03 (as to why I remember that...I don't know)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Iwakuma would be a nice get if Seattle keeps sliding being a pending FA. Doubt he clears, or gets to us though.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Gibby getting ejected for nothing is insane. The league really needs to address the umps. Not even being willing to listen and tossing a manager in such an important game is absolute garbage

The rules in MLB are pretty clear, that you can't argue balls and strikes. Gibbons went out to argue balls and strikes, so he got run. He only has himself to blame.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The rules in MLB are pretty clear, that you can't argue balls and strikes. Gibbons went out to argue balls and strikes, so he got run. He only has himself to blame.

Did you even read the tweet. Gibbons never mentioned balls and strikes. He just literally asked the ump "may I talk to you" and he threw him out.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
my mistake.

How does everyone feel about estrada tomorrow.

Good cause Tanaka is battling injuries right now and doesn't have the movement on his pitches that he normally does. Have a feeling Jays are going to put up double digits.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We scored 26 runs off the Twins in our 4 game sweep of them this week. In 1 game and 7.1 innings the Indians have 26. Jays offense is slacking

also Twins won the first game.

also Twins have a position player pitching now

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
I didn't watch the game, but why would you leave a reliever in for 6 hits and 6 runs when he failed to record a single out in an extra-inning game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad