Blue Jays Discussion: 2.5 Games Back.... *heavy breathing* - Jays Acquire Cliff Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Gibby said he's pitching in relief, but yeah I see no way they don't stretch him out just in case

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
@LottOnBaseball: Gibbons: Stroman helping #BlueJays in September is “still far-fetched,” but if he’s ready he’d be a reliever. “Fans would love it.”

Pump the brakes on the starter stuff

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
@LottOnBaseball: Gibbons: Stroman helping #BlueJays in September is “still far-fetched,†but if he’s ready he’d be a reliever. “Fans would love it.â€

Nah, I'll stick with it until I hear AA say otherwise. It's the fifth of August. Barring set back (with the knee), there's just way too much time to concede to only relief.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also AA was on the radio in Montreal today saying that he expects Stroman, Sanchez and Osuna to all be in the opening day rotation next year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nah, I'll stick with it until I hear AA say otherwise. It's the fifth of August. Barring set back (with the knee), there's just way too much time to concede to only relief.

I think we've also got to consider time frame .. Are people saying he won't be a starter if it includes the playoffs, or just September?

Because I don't think he'll be starting any time in September, he'll slowly be brought back into the fold. If he shows that he can be stretched out into more innings as September winds down, there's a chance he could be used as a starter in the playoffs.

Also depends if anyone gets injured too

Also AA was on the radio in Montreal today saying that he expects Stroman, Sanchez and Osuna to all be in the opening day rotation next year.

Price
Stroman
Hutch
Sanchez
Osuna

???

:naughty:

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
@LottOnBaseball: Gibbons: Stroman helping #BlueJays in September is “still far-fetched,†but if he’s ready he’d be a reliever. “Fans would love it.â€

He never ruled out starting in October :naughty:

Thought I'd repost in the new thread

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/...=82&league=mlb

The pitch that hit Escobar was a strike according to what Wolf was calling and Pitch F/X

Doesn't matter. Clearly it was far more egregious than a team having their 4th big problem of the year repeatedly go after top players, admit that they did so, and mouth off on twitter afterwards.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Find it hard to believe he said Osuna and Sanchez would be in the rotaion outright. Link? Heck they were pretty non-commital with Sanchez in the offseason even though they knew he was a starter long term in their eyes. Unless it was on those AA speak things like "we wouldn't rule it out" or "long term we'd like to have them there". Kind of thing.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just need to keep posting W's and everything will work out for us in the end

This.

It's only the beginning of August .. Scoreboard watching right now if too stressful with so many games left. Jays just need to win theirs and things should fall into place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad