GDT: 2/21 Winnipeg Jets @ Carolina Checkers

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Funny to think that in a game where 4 of our 6 defensemen have less than 100 career games played and 3 of 6 have less than 20, Cam Ward is the reason we lost this game.

Watershed

No Respect
Dec 31, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Cam was a real headcase tonight. Sat on the goal line the whole night and did not play the angles well. Sucks to lose a divisional game like that. Oh well...on to Saturday.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
That steaming pile of poop in our goal tonight didn't seem to do that much for our team. Ward want return a 9th place.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
When Tripp freaking Tracy is criticizing cam ward, you know something is seriously wrong.

Saying "it wasn't Cam's night" isn't nearly descriptive or critical enough. Cam wasn't even AHL-quality tonight. He wasn't ECHL-quality tonight. He allowed three goals that no professional goalie should allow, and he played the fourth like no professional goalie would play it. He was half a step up from a shooter-tutor tonight.

I don't want to embarrass the guy, but if he needs a week in the AHL to get his act together, so be it.

There's frankly nothing else to talk about tonight. We were fine. We should have won. Any other goalie in the NHL and we'd have two points.

But now we're 0-3-0 inside the division we are currently leading. Embarrassing.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I can accept the loss due to all the injuries but when Cam plays this bad, there is no excuse. When we're banged up, he needs to play his very best or shouldn't be in net.

Cost us at least one point tonight and probably two

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Can anyone really argue that Dan Ellis shouldn't be starting the next few games?

Next game? Absolutely, he should get a start. Next few? No. Ward is still the better goalie, let the coaches work with him in practice some and make that judgement based on that.

Ward had a very good stretch recently where he looked like the best goalie in the league. He was back down to earth last game, and downright bad in this one, but let's not overreact to one or two games. Bad games happen, even to very good goalies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I knew it wouldn't be long before Corvo found a way to embarrass himself. Luckily Cam was far too embarrassing himself for anyone to notice or care.

Beardy*

Next game? Absolutely, he should get a start. Next few? No. Ward is still the better goalie, let the coaches work with him in practice some and make that judgement based on that.

Ward had a very good stretch recently where he looked like the best goalie in the league. He was back down to earth last game, and downright bad in this one, but let's not overreact to one or two games. Bad games happen, even to very good goalies.

We're a third of the way into the season.

Cam Ward has had as many good games as he's had awful games. And these awful games have been spread out, so its not like he just went through a bad stretch. In fact, his decent stretch is bookended by some of the worst goaltending you'll ever see.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Ellis has earned it. He put in the work during the off-season and Ward did not. I'd ride Ellis till he has a Ward game which I don't expect to happen for quite awhile. Ward should know the deal it's how he became the starter.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

No he didn't. He looked NHL-average. A .925 save percentage is not "best goalie in the league" material. Not even close.

To me, it's not about his skills. He seems like he's not even paying attention. He seems bored, lost, confused, disinterested. That's the word, disinterested. It's like he doesn't even care. He stood back there and did virtually nothing all night.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Ward was pathetic. Not once did he bail the team out and let in a few softies. I've never been more pissed than I am right now.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'm not going to **** on Cam like its the new cool thing to do, but damn was he terrible.

Oh and it was only a matter of time before "Uh Oh Corvo" showed up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad