TWDAT

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
705 PM EST WED FEB 20 2013

HURRICANE STORMY HAS WEAKENED OVERNIGHT,
AS INJURIES CONTINUE TO PILE UP. LOSSES
MAY BE HEAVY AS THE NATURAL DEFENSES ARE
WEAKENING.ALL RESIDENTS ARE STRONGLY
ENCOURAGED TO SEEK SHELTER AND/OR HARD LIQUOR.

A NOAA OBSERVATION AIRCRAFT CONDUCTED A FLY-THROUGH
AT 6:45EST ON WEDNESDAY AND NOTED THE FOLLOWING FORMATION

TLUSTY-STAAL-SEMIN
CHAR-STAAL-DYWERS
BOWMAN-JOKINEN-WALLACE
WELSH-NASH-NODL

HARRISON-FAULK
MURPHY-CORVO
JORDAN-SANGUASPAGETTI

DUE TO THE UNPREDICTABLE NATURE OF THIS STORM IT
IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT AN EXACT PATH AT THIS TIME.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT
WWW.HURRICANES.GOV/MARINE

$$
MULLER

EKxUBUZ.png

5rLFr2C.png

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I have no idea who's going to dress for the Hurricanes tomorrow. No idea what's going on. Doesn't seem like there's any plan of any kind.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If there was ever a football team that could figure out how to fail badly enough that they come out of a game with one point, it would be the panthers.

Other team scores a touchdown, Panthers block the kick and return it all the way to within the 5 yard line where the Panthers player gets the ball knocked out of his hand back into the opposing teams end zone. The opposing team recovers the ball, but is unable to get back out of the end zone. The resulting play is ruled a 1 point safety.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Remember what Red said about hope.

I'm hopeful for more of a Toronto game than a Montreal game, so I think tonight's game is winnable. Will they do it? Probably not, but I don't think it's hopeless. Hell, even the March/April 2002 Hurricanes won some games, and it was fun to have the optimism of what the new kids might bring...even though that year they didn't bring anything. Trial by fire for Murphy, then he'll get sent back...hopefully it will be one to grow on, and hopefully it won't come at the expense of this year's team succeeding.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This has all the makings of a 6-5 game so I'll go with a 1-0 SO win. Harrison with the lone shootout goal.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The people I feel sorry for in all of this? The Winnipeg Jets players. They left a garbage hockey market that had ice hussies for a REAL hockey market that doesn't need any of that claptrap. Sure, it's in the middle of nowhere, the mosquitoes are as big as 747s, and the climate is something out of Siberia. But it's a REAL hockey market. They NEVER have an empty seat in their arena These guys have nearly forgotten what it's like to play in a garbage hockey market. Now, the scheduling geniuses at the NHL will cause poor Ladd, Byfuglien, Kane, et al to remember the horrors of playing in a garbage hockey market. That's bad enough - now they have to play a team of NHL, AHL, and now OHL scrubs, too? That's beneath such talented players from an actual hockey market.

Were I the Jets, I would forfeit refuse to play this game to protest the psychological cruelty being dealt to them by the NHL's scheduling masters as well as to protest having to play against some kid who went from playing against other kids just a few days ago. If they don't, I surely hope they curb stomp us to remind us of our place in the hockey universe. In the meanwhile I can only hope that we one day experience what Atlanta Thrashers fans everywhere got to experience when their team went from hockey's ugly ducklings to beautiful swans by being relocated from such a garbage market to a REAL hockey market. I hear Hartford's looking for a team again and I know they'd never stoop so low as to employ ice hussies. To REAL hockey markets!

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
The people I feel sorry for in all of this? The Winnipeg Jets players. They left a garbage hockey market that had ice hussies for a REAL hockey market that doesn't need any of that claptrap. Sure, it's in the middle of nowhere, the mosquitoes are as big as 747s, and the climate is something out of Siberia. But it's a REAL hockey market. They NEVER have an empty seat in their arena These guys have nearly forgotten what it's like to play in a garbage hockey market. Now, the scheduling geniuses at the NHL will cause poor Ladd, Byfuglien, Kane, et al to remember the horrors of playing in a garbage hockey market. That's bad enough - now they have to play a team of NHL, AHL, and now OHL scrubs, too? That's beneath such talented players from an actual hockey market.

Were I the Jets, I would forfeit refuse to play this game to protest the psychological cruelty being dealt to them by the NHL's scheduling masters as well as to protest having to play against some kid who went from playing against other kids just a few days ago. If they don't, I surely hope they curb stomp us to remind us of our place in the hockey universe. In the meanwhile I can only hope that we one day experience what Atlanta Thrashers fans everywhere got to experience when their team went from hockey's ugly ducklings to beautiful swans by being relocated from such a garbage market to a REAL hockey market. I hear Hartford's looking for a team again and I know they'd never stoop so low as to employ ice hussies. To REAL hockey markets!

Claptrap, you say?
1213078-clap_super.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->