GDT: 2/16/2020 Chicago Blackhawks. @ Winnipeg Jets 7:30pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Lehner hasn’t played at a Vezina level for two months now.

Also I believe the Hawks are 6 points out of both WC spots with two games in hand on both.... so I’m not sure they’re done just yet. They seem to be super streaky so hopefully last night was the start of them ripping off 7 wins in 8 games or something.
The week of the TDL is brutal.
Dallas, St. Louis, Tampa and Florida all on the road. Fortunately, the schedule gets pretty easy after that. March is the most cupcake schedule I've ever seen. Only 4 games against current playoff teams the entire month.

Reactions: KWP

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
|\ Wow, now it's ballooned to two months. LOL

Some things never change: when Crawford plays at the NHL level it gets escalated to great by many of his fanboys. We all know what Crawford is capable of between the pipes. Rarely will he steal games and that's what we will need to have any chance of a berth in the postseason.

Perhaps I need to remind RayP and others that going into last night Vegas has Hawks odds of making the PO's at 21 percent.

IT'S DESPERATION TIME.... ffs. Crawford won't get us in .... you can fool yourselves into thinking he can if you wish.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Some things never change: when Crawford plays at the NHL level it gets escalated to great by many of his fanboys. We all know what Crawford is capable of between the pipes. Rarely will he steal games and that's what we will need to have any chance of a berth in the postseason.

Perhaps I need to remind RayP and others that going into last night Vegas has Hawks odds of making the PO's at 21 percent.

IT'S DESPERATION TIME.... ffs. Crawford won't get us in .... you can fool yourselves into thinking he can if you wish.
While some people do pump Corey’s tires a bit too much, you have never given him any due credit.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Since January 1st Lehner has a .907 SV % and 3.14 GAA.

Crawford is at .926 and 2.22 GAA.

But yeah tell me more about how Lehner deserves to start back to back games when the game last night was a delayed start because of HNIC and then the Hawks had to travel. :facepalm:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well here we go again 2 games against each other in 8 days, nice game last night, dusting the Flames is always welcomed up here, Hawks have lost more than they have won lately, Jets are up and down more down really, lets be realistic neither team is playoff caliber and in all probability both will be lottery teams. As always good luck brothers and sisters.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
FWLIW, I'm ok with parking Boqvist for a game (to be clear, one game). Still not ok with the boneheaded decision to challenge the no-goal call in the Canucks game. Can't fathom the thinking there.

Reactions: Geoist and d rake

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If the Hawks win tonight, then win the two home games this week, then split the next road trip(best case scenario imo) it's not hard to see the Hawks make the playoffs because they only have 5 games vs. Current playoff teams after the game against Tampa.

Reactions: KWP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
When it comes to hockey stats are for fools. Watching and understanding the game is far different.

You have to use both. It’s not baseball, obviously.... but to discount numbers of a 45+ day sample size is flat out stupid and comes across as you pouting that the guy you like isn’t starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad