GDT: 2/16/2020 Chicago Blackhawks. @ Winnipeg Jets 7:30pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The puck didn't even go at his head. It was going wide of the net, then all of the sudden it's heading towards him because it deflected off of Cats stick and changed direction and trajectory. If anything, he was trying to sell the interference, which should have been called.

Ya exactly he was trying tho sell something and didn’t go for the puck. The puck was gonna hit the net for sure even without the deflection, play it again in slow motion and draw a straight line before it hit Cat stick, it was clearly going more left ofcourse but it hit his stick and went center of the net. A guy like Lehner wouldn’t just flop and cry to the ref he would have saved it. Also why should it be called? Seeler or whatever his name is pushed the player into Crawford.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I give up. Corey is the better goalie..... LOL. He should be in the conversation for the Vezina again this season, same as most of the past decade. Is that delusional enough for you.

But as I said my criticism is toward the young HC who doesn't seem to realize his job is on the line and the desperation this team finds itself in. Desperation calls for desperate measures. Playing your #2 goalie in 4-point must-win games does not fit that bill and simply is not acceptable. Call Gerard now.
Corey has been the better goalie LATELY. As in the last 8-10 games. All the stats prove it, my eyes see it, but your eyes don't because of your blind dislike of Corey since he became the Hawks goalie.

JC hasn't handled the goalies well all year, but I haven't had much of an issue with the way he has done it of late. Earlier in the year, Lehner should have got way more starts, lately, he doesn't deserve it near as much.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ya exactly he was trying tho sell something and didn’t go for the puck. The puck was gonna hit the net for sure even without the deflection, play it again in slow motion and draw a straight line before it hit Cat stick, it was clearly going more left ofcourse but it hit his stick and went center of the net. A guy like Lehner wouldn’t just flop and cry to the ref he would have saved it. Also why should it be called? Seeler or whatever his name is pushed the player into Crawford.
He probably had no idea where the puck went after it was going wide and had a player thrown on top of him, the puck was not going to hit the net for sure, if anything, it would have hit one of the two players standing in front of him. Copp made no attempt to get out of Coreys way. Yup, Lehner would have been perfect out there, just like the 8 games before where he has let in almost 3.5 goals every game. Yup.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for the debate on which goalie is better, all i can say is, both goalies were the victims of lousy play in front of him, esp on the d-men playing.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He probably had no idea where the puck went after it was going wide and had a player thrown on top of him, the puck was not going to hit the net for sure, if anything, it would have hit one of the two players standing in front of him. Copp made no attempt to get out of Coreys way. Yup, Lehner would have been perfect out there, just like the 8 games before where he has let in almost 3.5 goals every game. Yup.

It was gonna hit the 6x4 area, you said it was going wide of the net which is not correct, you also said it was deflected 15ft then you said 20 feet infront of him but it’s 30 feet so get your numbers correct, Corey made no attempt to stop it, it was pathetic. Lehner would have most likely won that game.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It was gonna hit the 6x4 area, you said it was going wide of the net which is not correct, you also said it was deflected 15ft then you said 20 feet infront of him but it’s 30 feet so get your numbers correct, Corey made no attempt to stop it, it was pathetic. Lehner would have most likely won that game.
I don't think it was going to hit the net, it was going wide or hitting the players in front of the net. I said 20 feet, never said 15, and it was a guess anyway and doesn't really matter.

Yup, Lehner would have been perfect with his 3.5GAA in his last 8 games. Yup.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There are literally two crucial mistakes made by guys in white jerseys within a second of real time in front of him that directly lead to the goal and you want to blame Crawford cause it looked awkward? I really wish some people who put these kinds of goals on goalies would try to play goalie. The shot not only started low but completely changes trajectory to go high and ends up in a spot that he started in but got pushed out of by his own guy. Crawford literally does not have the space to play his position and get to that puck because of Seeler. Seriously what are you looking at? If Seeler doesn’t push him in, that’s not a goal. If DeBrincat is more aware and doesn’t deflect that puck, that’s not a goal.

It also looks like on the slow-mo replay that he does the ducking thing after the puck was already by him and then looks right at the ref. I think it’s possible that was him trying to sell interference after he knew he was beaten. He can’t really see that Seeler was the one that pushed him in and he clearly took contact so I would be trying to sell a call if I was him to.

That goal is 100% on the guys in front of Crawford.

There is no excuse for what Corey did. His priority is to stop the puck - the worst thing he could do was get out of the way of it but that's exactly what he did. That reeks of a player who has been concussed too often and has turned gun shy. Sad to say.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don't think it was going to hit the net, it was going wide or hitting the players in front of the net. I said 20 feet, never said 15, and it was a guess anyway and doesn't really matter.

Yup, Lehner would have been perfect with his 3.5GAA in his last 8 games. Yup.

You had it at 15 feet and edited it to 20 feet soon after, both are wrong. It was going to hit the 6x4, you said wide of the net so if it hit the two players that’s not wide of the net, always back peddling...

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You had it at 15 feet and edited it to 20 feet soon after, both are wrong. It was going to hit the 6x4, you said wide of the net so if it hit the two players that’s not wide of the net, always back peddling...
I didn't edit anything within regards to where the deflection came from. I disagree. Either way, it changed direction quite a bit, like the other 2 goals. None of the goals were Coreys fault.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I didn't edit anything within regards to where the deflection came from. I disagree. Either way, it changed direction quite a bit, like the other 2 goals. None of the goals were Coreys fault.

Gawd, do you know how you sound? Obviously you don't. It's never Corey's fault :sarcasm: and it's been going on for years on this forum. Like I said, I give up. Average Corey should be knighted if you believe (this head buried in the sand shit from) his fanboys.

He ducked, end of story. Time to consider retirement.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Gawd, do you know how you sound? Obviously you don't. It's never Corey's fault :sarcasm: and it's been going on for years on this forum. Like I said, I give up. Average Corey should be knighted if you believe (this head buried in the sand **** from) his fanboys.

He ducked, end of story. Time to consider retirement.
Yeah, he ducked at a puck that wouldn't have even hit him in the head, makes sense.

A guy putting up Corey's numbers really needs to retire. Just like no one will trade for Strome. You really show your lack of knowledge well. Casual Bobby.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Crow has a .912 save percentage in 30 games this season on one of the worst defensive teams in the league. That's good for the 25th best save percentage in the league for guys who've played a minimum of 10 games (according to me just looking now at EP). So definitely a starter, though one that is closer to a good backup then the guys near the top of the league.

If he wants to retire due to his health, then I totally understand. But he shouldn't retire due to his level of play.

Lehner is a better player, but he's been off lately. Rumors have swirled that negotiations haven't been going smoothly, so maybe he's a bit shaken up about that. But either way, he hasn't been much better or worse than Crow the last month or two; they've been pretty comparable over that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad