GDT: 2/16/2020 Chicago Blackhawks. @ Winnipeg Jets 7:30pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
It's a shame this season likely goes down the gutter in a wide open west with an experienced core and great tending. Coaching is the biggest weakness. The D last year on paper was a mess. This year it looks competent..yet still bleeding chances from the slot.

Keith on the PP... Gus on the PK.. Scratches Boqvist here..never has scratched certain others who have failed to show up..

Reactions: KWP

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Said it was performance based. Don’t like it. He helps this team win. No time for this. It’s the same bull **** that got a 30 goal scorer in Kubalik scratched a ton
Jets will be playing a heavy game tonight. Bo's a kid who is just learning and could be vulnerable after coming back from injury. JC is protecting him. I have no problem with the move to bring in Seeler.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.Boqvis did have a bad game against CGy...so didcKeith ..butbof course you can only bench 1 of them and it aon't going to be Leith...this is the chicken vs.egg deal all 0ver again.. Keith no longer good enough to cover for mistakesvor overpowering done by and tk Boqvist ...Bowvist not goid enough to cover for geezer Keith's more numerous flaws now.

They should not be paired...obviously ..but it is what isvis.so if you gotta make a benching "wakebup" lesson to that pair...itbusbobvious who will sit

You can never be h Keith thenkegend..the "senior"...you do not want to destroy the locker room and pee the -off "vet pals" of Keith.

Also WOG is heavy...ergo Seeker draws in.

SToP Hawks killer Connor and we will win...fail in that task Nd we will not win.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
People freaking out over Boqvist being scratched. Remember Colliton already said they are gonna monitor him and Dach down the stretch in this long season as rookies. Plus I still doubt he (and Strome for that matter) are 100%. Now, if it was performanced based cause of yesterday's game.....

Last edited:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
This is just ****ing moronic. JC can’t be gone fast enough.
I don’t think this board is in agreement on a lot of things but I think we can all agree Boqvist helps this team win hockey games more than anyone who can replace him. Silly to take him out of the lineup against one of the most crucial opponents to take two points from.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Boqvist scratched is awful. He was bad last night no doubt but theres just no excuse to take him out while we're trying to win. I think JC has run his course here. I've been pretty supportive of him when others dragged him but with much better options floating around I'm not sure how I can defend him still having a job here.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
People freaking out over Boqvist being scratched. Remember Colliton already said they are gonna monitor him and Dach down the stretch in this long season as rookies. Plus I still doubt he (and Strome for that matter) are 100%. Now, if it was performanced based cause of yesterday's game.....

JC said it was performance based from what I have seen.

Reactions: clydesdale line

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don’t think this board is in agreement on a lot of things but I think we can all agree Boqvist helps this team win hockey games more than anyone who can replace him. Silly to take him out of the lineup against one of the most crucial opponents to take two points from.
Let's not get carried away. I'm sure we will be able to say that one day quite soon but we're not quite there yet.

Colliton on Boqvist: "We want to give him some feedback. He hasn't been as good lately, and we want to get him back taking steps in the right direction."

Also said Seeler played well here in WPG last time and brings size to negate the Jets' large-bodied forwards.

The above comments from JC make perfect sense to me.

Reactions: Krivo25 and bwana63

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Let's not get carried away. I'm sure we will be able to say that one day quite soon but we're not quite there yet.

Colliton on Boqvist: "We want to give him some feedback. He hasn't been as good lately, and we want to get him back taking steps in the right direction."

Also said Seeler played well here in WPG last time and brings size to negate the Jets' large-bodied forwards.

The above makes perfect sense to me.

What is is carried away about that?

Seeler provided NOTHING over Boqvist except hits and fighting (which have little value compared to what Boqvist brings). It is a stupid move.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I hope whoever gets Bowman's job this summer replaces Colliton with one of Gallant/Boudreau (preferably GG).

Sure, Colliton is right about Boqvist not having the best performance over the last week or two, but this team has won only a single one of our last six games; so it's not so much a Boqvist problem so much as it's a team problem.

Ultimately, the decision won't change anything. This team isn't making the playoffs with or without Boqvist. We're too far down the standings. But games that aren't "most wins" are the games the kids need to play and learn from. Just a stupid ass decision.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Fred Andersen can regularly play back-to-back games for a TO team trying to make the playoffs there is no reason why Lehner can't do the same in a crucial game like tonight. Some people have questioned his game lately. Does anyone ever stop to think that he feels he should be playing more and it has had an effect on his performance? I know I do. Lehner has still been good but seems to lack the enthusiastic energy he had for games in autumn. More playing time would resolve that, IMO.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2020-2-16_18-45-44.jpeg

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If Fred Andersen can regularly play back-to-back games for a TO team trying to make the playoffs there is no reason why Lehner can't do the same in a crucial game like tonight. Some people have questioned his game lately. Does anyone ever stop to think that he feels he should be playing more and it has had an effect on his performance? I know I do. Lehner has still been good but seems to lack the enthusiastic energy he had for games in autumn. More playing time would resolve that, IMO.

Crawford has been better for the last like month +. He has earned every start he’s gotten lately.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I guess you haven’t paid much attention lately but that’s ok I understand with you being a casual fan and all.

Actually, in most games that is my focus - because goaltending is so crucial. Sure, I understand that Hawks are pretty much done when it comes to making the PO's but this is desperation time. Crawford has been good but we need great at this point. Lehner was a Vezina candidate last season. That is the guy we need in the blue paint right now.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Actually, in most games that is my focus - because goaltending is so crucial. Sure, I understand that Hawks are pretty much done when it comes to making the PO's but this is desperation time. Crawford has been good but we need great at this point. Lehner was a Vezina candidate last season. That is the guy we need in the blue paint right now.
Lehner has been average for the last 6 weeks. Crawford has clearly been better since the calendar turned to 2020. The numbers support this.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Lehner hasn’t played at a Vezina level for two months now.

Also I believe the Hawks are 6 points out of both WC spots with two games in hand on both.... so I’m not sure they’re done just yet. They seem to be super streaky so hopefully last night was the start of them ripping off 7 wins in 8 games or something.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Lehner hasn’t played at a Vezina level for two months now.

Also I believe the Hawks are 6 points out of both WC spots with two games in hand on both.... so I’m not sure they’re done just yet. They seem to be super streaky so hopefully last night was the start of them ripping off 7 wins in 8 games or something.
Nashville is 3 points up on the Hawks with a game in hand so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad