GDT: 2/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
We have some Gudas players coming up, there's no need to Panik. Don't Brown out your pants just yet.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Marty said this:
“That game coming back from a tough road trip is always hard,†St. Louis said. “Obviously we need to fight the mental part of the game a little bit, be a little more resilient, a little more determined. I think our early success this season, I think it is haunting us a little bit. We almost had it too easy too quick. I don’t want to take away from any of our wins, but we didn’t have to earn them as much our power play was strong and we were putting away teams early in the game. They were easier games, so to speak, and we played some hard games here on this road trip. We realized how hard you have to play in this league if you want to win, but I felt that we stayed with it in the third and played for each other and turned it around a little bit and got a point out of it and that’s a positive.â€
http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/in...wrong-with-the-lightning/#w8T6kFt1tcs2UHtb.99

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Is there any other resources besides ESPN for attendance figures? For the past two seasons ESPN's attendance figures have shown sold out (19,204) Lightning games being 97.2% full. There were periods of times last season they had the totals numbers incorrect, anyway I don't trust there figures. And yes, I realize I'm likely the only freak that even pays attention to these things.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Observations from last nights game... Don't give Lindback any crap, that save on Markov was unbelievable. Also, that blonde sitting behind him on the first row, :naughty:

The zone entry is garbage. Everyone stops on the blue line, one guy carries the puck in, gets pinched and the drop pass is easily intercepted as everyone knows it's coming. Rinse and repeat. It's not working if your best chances start with Tom Pyatt taking the puck in with no support. Who draws this stuff up, is it Boucher or someone else?

Marty at least tried in the shootout but Stamkos just looked flaccid, like he just wanted to go home. Why?

I really like the Salo-Hedman combo. Hedman's playing his best hockey ever, and with Salo being in there to cover him he can take more offensive chances.

Next game is huge. Home game against a weaker divisional rival. We should be in killer mode as soon as the puck drops, none of this float around for 50+ minutes crap.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Once again, with the exception of Hedman.

The kid has been nothing short of amazing for us. Absolute stud. But we need Marty and Stammer to show up if we're gonna win. Especially MSL, the offense is off when he's not playing well.

As someone said above, he may be the guy with the injury. He hates to miss games, he's probably playing through something...

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The kid has been nothing short of amazing for us. Absolute stud. But we need Marty and Stammer to show up if we're gonna win. Especially MSL, the offense is off when he's not playing well.

As someone said above, he may be the guy with the injury. He hates to miss games, he's probably playing through something...

Him or Teddy. Both of them seem off. You just really notice it with MSL because he's never, in his life, played this poorly. Teddy, you never know. Maybe he's thinking about Shawshank Redemption and room service desserts...

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Him or Teddy. Both of them seem off. You just really notice it with MSL because he's never, in his life, played this poorly. Teddy, you never know. Maybe he's thinking about Shawshank Redemption and room service desserts...

It's definitely weird seeing St. Louis play this bad. I just hope he breaks out of this little "slump" sooner rather then later.

Lecavalier may be still fighting a problem with his ankle... Everyone is playing so bad in our top 6 (except Conacher), you would think they were all battling through an injury.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's definitely weird seeing St. Louis play this bad. I just hope he breaks out of this little "slump" sooner rather then later.

Lecavalier may be still fighting a problem with his ankle... Everyone is playing so bad in our top 6 (except Conacher), you would think they were all battling through an injury.

Injuries did seem to be a major concern before the season started, it seemed like everyone thought the entire league's groins were going to pop the second they stepped onto the ice.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Don't mix your Scandies or South Americans... it's like calling a Texan a New Yorker... :shakehead

Noted. I assumed Sami Salo was Swedish, because the goalie Tommy Salo is. My mistake, that's what I get for assumptions. I never mix up South Americans, played enough soccer to know not to do that. Growing up in Florida, I'm somewhat experienced in the differences among Spanish speaking nations.

Back to the game...Hedman's play is serious lately, and it's been great to see his spark on both sides of the attack.

It's also great to see the bottom 6 not being the issue. Pouliot and Pyatt could teach the top 6 about how to play every shift...especially Purcell.

I also think we're starting to see Lindback's style, somewhat Chris Osgood-esque, where he will make the incredible saves, but occasionally let one by that isn't so great. This is no way a shot on his play last night, because he's HUGELY responsible for that point. However, he has had a few that have made you go :shakehead . That happens, and we will need to see more of him, but I like him a lot so far.

As I said last night, we can't be mad at getting a point in a game where we weren't in it. Got away with taking a point, on to the next game.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Hedman has just been a beast. Finally seeing the potential in more than just flashes. If he continues to progress like this we have an absolute monster of a #1 dman.

bov

Nov 13, 2010

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If the 2nd call on Lee wasn't legit, I don't know what is. That's a penalty every time.

He was being driven into Price, he couldn't get out of the way. He also drew a penalty on the play so it was a wash.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Lee's was a penalty for sure. Conacher's, however, was borderline IMO. Price embellished that a bit and it should have either been a minor each and a wash or no penalties and a wash. Damn, I would love to have Price on the Bolts though. Quietly one of the best goalies in the league for the past 5 years.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I still think that penalty for roughing to Hedman was complete BS. He got charged at out of nowhere without possession of the puck.

Oh, absolutely! And I can't stand when a player does something like what Cole did and then doesn't answer the bell when the time comes. Emelin is another player like that. If I remember correctly, he had some kind of facial surgery that makes getting hit in the face more dangerous than normal, but if he can't get punched then don't play that edgy physical style.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Is there any other resources besides ESPN for attendance figures? For the past two seasons ESPN's attendance figures have shown sold out (19,204) Lightning games being 97.2% full. There were periods of times last season they had the totals numbers incorrect, anyway I don't trust there figures. And yes, I realize I'm likely the only freak that even pays attention to these things.

Try this site: http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/leagueatt.cgi

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Oh, absolutely! And I can't stand when a player does something like what Cole did and then doesn't answer the bell when the time comes. Emelin is another player like that. If I remember correctly, he had some kind of facial surgery that makes getting hit in the face more dangerous than normal, but if he can't get punched then don't play that edgy physical style.

Exactly, don't eat what you can't chew.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL

You are not the only one I saw that and was wondering why someone does not try to correct that number. Maybe they still have the sellout number from before the seats were taken out for the organ.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Lindback was great finally.

The rest of the team minus Hedman was horrible. Until the third period when they were ok.

The refs were atrocious the entire game but the first period was probably the worst period of NHL hockey officiating Ive ever seen.

That was probably the worst time at a home game Ive had in a long time if not ever. Even with the comeback.

The Crombeen fight was a joke and did nothing but suck whatever energy was left out of the building.

I have no idea whats going on with this team but its pathetic.

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
As much as I enjoy the rough stuff, I don't think in 30 odd years of watching hockey that I have ever seen a fight where I was begging for the linesmen to break it up.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad