• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Now, regardless of tomorrow, if I see the cycle game come to life more that would be super. A glaring issue I saw was zone entry, they were getting it stuck in their skates and being in the arena I'm not sure if it was the ice or what but the puck was real bouncy. So unsure of what was going on there.

Defense; holy crap, they are bad. We have 2.5 legit effective defensemen. Pionk needs to be relegated to line 3 and Staal needs to retire or be bought out. At this point I would rather risk it with ADA in. I was surprisingly okay with McQuaid.

Hope Chytil isn't suffering residual damage.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Now, regardless of tomorrow, if I see the cycle game come to life more that would be super. A glaring issue I saw was zone entry, they were getting it stuck in their skates and being in the arena I'm not sure if it was the ice or what but the puck was real bouncy. So unsure of what was going on there.

Defense; holy crap, they are bad. We have 2.5 legit effective defensemen. Pionk needs to be relegated to line 3 and Staal needs to retire or be bought out. At this point I would rather risk it with ADA in. I was surprisingly okay with McQuaid.

Hope Chytil isn't suffering residual damage.

Which coach is responsible for Defense? Same dude that was responsible for it last season and did not get canned when they cleaned house.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Which coach is responsible for Defense? Same dude that was responsible for it last season and did not get canned when they cleaned house.

If you mean Lindy I agree. I hate his coaching but we don't have good ones. Its just painful to see right now. Just really really bad. No real number one. He isn't in the system yet.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If you mean Lindy I agree. I hate his coaching but we don't have good ones. Its just painful to see right now. Just really really bad. No real number one. He isn't in the system yet.

yes, I mean Ruff, under him Skjei declined. I rather have Beukeboom or Samuelsson instead.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
On a limb but that 4 M Namestnikov trade loooking worse by the minute. GMJG is on a hotter seat than most of us would think

Shocking..I been saying this from day 1 and got nothing but BS over it..Smh

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Apparently, for at least half our posters, it's only fun to say how ****ty the team is when the team is performing well. There seems to be less fun when the team is actually ****ty.

The problem is, we have played two competitive and close games against an established top team and an emerging team.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I am sure he wouldn't be the first assistant coach to back stab the head coach, nor the last.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
yes, I mean Ruff, under him Skjei declined. I rather have Beukeboom or Samuelsson instead.
Me too. Funny enough, I wore my Samuelsson jersey out to this one. Beuk is gonna be next time.

I hate Ruff and think he is outdated by 7 years. He's done nothing unless he had elite scoring or Hasek. Its just not real good picking on coaches for now. Maybe Quinn cans him this year.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Hutton was flat out amazing. Guy made A++ quality saves. I can't be mad at the NYR bc they generated all of those A++ chances.

We outshot them big time and had plenty of quality chances.

Rationally speaking, this was a good game by a young team that obviously needs the better part of a season to establish itself and I think most of us know this.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
The problem is, we have played two competitive and close games against an established top team and an emerging team.

Maybe some fans expected more out of this team, this coach and this system. Maybe some are disappointed that they were lied to that there wasn't going to be anymore dump and chase BS, that they were going to roll 4 lines, that they were going to play physical, etc.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
We could easily be 2-0. Easily. Especially tonight. Easily 1-1 if we had better scoring talent or if a backup wasn't God today. That's good to see right now. I'm thrilled they're playing this way with what they have but unhappy of the results for it and how it's gone down

Reactions: Tob

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Me too. Funny enough, I wore my Samuelsson jersey out to this one. Beuk is gonna be next time.

I hate Ruff and think he is outdated by 7 years. He's done nothing unless he had elite scoring or Hasek. Its just not real good picking on coaches for now. Maybe Quinn cans him this year.

Things are done very slowly in this organeyezation. Quinn himself is showing some red flags so far, and his lack of judgement by keeping Ruff around is pretty sad.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
First 10 games really don't matter...it takes time for a team, a young team, to get with a new coach. And honestly the next 10 may not tell the story either

Agreed. I'm pleasantly surprised how most people are showing patience and logic when analyzing these last two losses. Not many unintelligent overreactions. There are a few but there are way less than I thought there'd be.

Reactions: egelband

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I am sure he wouldn't be the first assistant coach to back stab the head coach, nor the last.
Et tu, Brute?
I don't ruff is intentionally making them play bad defense so the head coaches can get fired, im pretty sure its just he's a bad coach along with us not having a lot of talent on the backend. I mean look how bad of a tire fire his defense was in Dallas despite having a top dman in John Klingberg who is like 100 times better then any dman we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad