Post-Game Talk: #2 - 10/06/18 | RANGERS @ sabres | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
The more things change the more they stay the same.

I thought under this coach there would no longer be dump and chase, that they would try to maintain puck possession as long as humanly possible, yet I see none of that, all it was was PR BS.

The scoring is way down from prior years.

This coach is doing a good job killing the trade values of Hayes, Zucc and Namestnikov. Trade them ASAP before they lose all value.

Shattenkirk keeps shooting right into defenders. Skjei is so overrated. Smith looked really bad on several shifts.

What kind of rebuild has a 22-23 yearold 1st rounder sitting as a healthy scratch?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If KZB is your first line you're going nowhere. Not nearly talented enough.

Perhaps we should continue to put the Vesey-Zucc-Chytil line up there, this was actually a line for the last 10 mins. Zucc as a center, well why not? :thumbu:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He hasn't been, but he's the obvious scratch since McQuaid hasn't done anything glaringly bad yet and Staal has immunity.

Staal plays LD. I would actually sit Shattenkirk, but he and this coach go way back, so that ain't gonna happen, so nice to have coach with allegiances and biases towards some players.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
With McDonagh, Nash and Grabner for most of the season.
That’s true although I do think there’s enough players that can PK here that they can do it at a league average level.

That first a goal by Buffalo was such a bad play by Vesey in the neutral zone he gifted Buffalo an odd man rush. Stuff like that is very easily preventable.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Staal plays LD. I would actually sit Shattenkirk, but he and this coach go way back, so that ain't gonna happen, so nice to have coach with allegiances and biases towards some players.
So your grand scheme is to bench the best defenseman on the team?

I want DeAngelo in as well but come on lol

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
That’s true although I do think there’s enough players that can PK here that they can do it at a league average level.

That first a goal by Buffalo was such a bad play by Vesey in the neutral zone he gifted Buffalo an odd man rush. Stuff like that is very easily preventable.
His intentions were good. Obviously wanted to skate it backward to kill more time off the clock and get a change of PKers. He got trapped by three sabres

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Positives...

Chytil looks great. Good vision on the ice, setting up nice plays, etc. He needs more ice time.

Lundqvist looks great at 36. Coming up with huge saves for team.

Better pick possession than last year.

Negatives...

Vesey cannot be getting our best chances.

Entire team is snake bitten or we simply do not have the talent to compete.

Defense still giving up more high quality chances than I would like.

I think the window of opportunity to trade Lundqvist is now. Plenty of teams would love to upgrade their goalie and not give up a ton?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The more things change the more they stay the same.

I thought under this coach there would no longer be dump and chase, that they would try to maintain puck possession as long as humanly possible, yet I see none of that, all it was was PR BS.

The scoring is way down from prior years.

This coach is doing a good job killing the trade values of Hayes, Zucc and Namestnikov. Trade them ASAP before they lose all value.

Shattenkirk keeps shooting right into defenders. Skjei is so overrated. Smith looked really bad on several shifts.

What kind of rebuild has a 22-23 yearold 1st rounder sitting as a healthy scratch?

Sir, we've already comped your meal and given you a 50% off coupon, please try to understand.

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad