GDT: 2/1/18 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Calgary

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
That was wild and wacky and weird, but we'll take it! Great job by Killorn, Peca and Conacher!

Solid & occasionally beast mode defense by Coburn and Strålman. Koekkoek was invisible which isn't always bad when defending. Sergachev, Sustr and Dotchin made some stupid plays. Hedman was only about 50% of his usual Viking beast mode. Shaky start but solid end for Vasy.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
highlights from the game tonight

giphy.gif

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We didn't look great, but I sure loved Conacher's real-world twist on the classic EA Sports cheat.

Reactions: Hoek

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Rough seven goals but I'll take it. Tough road win.

Go Bolts!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ugly weird win. We scored 7 goals but I’m thinking this could have easily went the other way. We did improve a lot in the third but Smith was the Smith we know and love. Second period was awful. Stamkos had one of the worst games I’ve ever seen from him. Him and Kuch look like they are wondering where Karlsson is, stuck in all star game mode.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Was at the game, that 3rd flames goal was a beauty and got the crowd going, on the otherhand both Conacher goals sucked the life out of Flames fans - extremely demoralizing to let those goals in, props to Cory for that shooting mentality though.

• Sergachev's got sick hands and a beauty off the rush but he's extremely passive in the D-zone like Hedman used to be
  • Kuch was trying to do too much himself, made some nifty plays but also threw a bunch of pucks to nowhere
  • Stamkos was invisible (still find it weird how outside markets think he's some dominant player and waiting for him to take over a game which is rarely does)
  • Namestnikov is so off away from Kuch-Stamkos, I don't like Kunitz on the 1st line either he looks half a step behind the play at all times
  • Point is extremely strong down low but he had troubles beating guys in the transition though
  • Peca should've been on the team to start guys everywhere as was Conacher tonight both guys busted their ass
  • Not a great defensive effort tonight, pinned a lot and Flames missed 2-3 quality scoring chances with Vasi down and out of position
  • Not sure about you guys but that Killorn guy was pretty noticeable tonight. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What a ***** move by Hathaway. Won't square up to draw the penalty when Gourde was ready and when Gourde let's up he starts punching. What a ***** to be scared of Gourde.

lol actually from the ice Hathaway put both his hands up saying he didn't want to fight Gourde threw the first punch then Hathaway just had a size advantage from there, Gourde took a clear L on this one. Gourde just trying to stick up for a teammate though, again shouldn't be his job to do that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Just got done eating, showering, etc and finally got a chance to watch the highlights. All I can say is "Wow... Mike Smith is freaking terrible" and not that this comes as any surprise to me, it's surprising he has ever been considered elite or potential Vezina candidate. There exists only two levels of Mike Smith. The one that allows goals on crazy shots or the one that is immortal and stops nothing. There is no in between.

Alex Killorn for the win too!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Killorn is so frustrating. He has games like this and then he disappears for 10+ games. He can thank Smith for a lot of those points though :laugh: What an awful performance by him.

Peca can easily be this year's Gourde. I doubt he's going to get sent back any time soon being PPG after his first five games and really, he's been very noticeable in a good way in every game. Good for the kid for taking his chance and running away with it.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well as soon as I diss Killorn he does this. :laugh:

Peca is really damn good. He's fast, he's skilled, he wins faceoffs. Might be the perfect 3c for this team for the next couple years. Or maybe a 3w who does faceoffs, because Gourde is a natural center.

Conacher, I don't get why he was ever scratched. He plays hard and his goal scoring stats are there.

Nice to see Coburn not suck. But he's still been brutal for the past month and a half.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Now this is the kind of result I like seeing when I wake up. Have only seen the goals so I don't know how we played but I'm happy we were able to make a comeback in the 3rd and win.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Not sure if you noticed but a good amount of Tampa fans at the game tonight, probably the most I've ever seen.

#tampaisanokhockeymarket

I did notice that. There were jerseys all over. During warmups there was a group watching the Tampa side and Sergachev tossed them a few pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad