Value of: 1st round pick (11-15) to Vancouver

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
How is Juolevi (5th overall pick who is tracking well and would be in the NHL this past season if not for his injury. He was solid in the AHL) and Virtanen and Gaudette(Top 9 forwards with upside) along with Tanev who’s a top 4 shutdown dman and Baertschi (Top 9 winter) nothing pieces. Seriously people.
If he was actually tracking well he would fit right in with the Canucks needs and timeline and you would not be posting him for trade...

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think you could get a upper mid-first (13-16) if Vancouver moved their 2nd (4oth OA) + Juolevi + Virtanen + Tanev

Juolevi is a recent 6th OA defenseman who still has real potential to be a 2nd pairing guy, I think teams would have interest.

Tanev is an immediate help to most teams 2nd pair.

Virtanen is an energy guy 3rd line power forward type of player. GMs value those guys highly.

The 2nd you can still get a prospect with some potential there.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
I think you could get a upper mid-first (13-16) if Vancouver moved their 2nd (4oth OA) + Juolevi + Virtanen + Tanev

Juolevi is a recent 6th OA defenseman who still has real potential to be a 2nd pairing guy, I think teams would have interest.

Virtanen is an energy guy 3rd line power forward type of player. GMs value those guys highly.

You may be right. The problem is Vancouver doesnt have a lot of pieces and thats giving up 4 for 1

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Besides Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes is there a package that can land another 1st round pick, preferably in the 11-15 range and try and get both Boldy+CaufieldI wouldn’t mind a 16-20 pick as well and would love to get a crack at Heinola, Brink, Newhook etc. Prefer to trade roster players, but B prospects could also be included.

Tanev
Virtanen
Hutton
Juolevi
Gaudette
Baertschi

Are solid pieces that could be available as well as depth pieces.

Not interested in reading 4 pages. Just wanted to pop in and point out you want a premium pick in the draft for your team while in exchange you won't give up any of your good players or any of your good prospects.
I'm sure if this were real life those GM's would be all over this burning up the phone lines.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Where Juolevi was drafted is irrelevant now. What matters is development and he hasn’t shown a positive development path.

LombardiTool

Jun 20, 2006
Fontana, Ca
www.glendoraemc.com
Tell people time and time again, player value is not static. It is fluid based on time of year, team needs, position market, etc. Those assets may get a 1st round at the trade deadline. Not now. Picks are valued different now than at trade deadline time.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

AVs might be interested in your proposal, if Tanev is changed for a Goalie?

AVs 2019-1st (16th)

For

Joulevi
Virtanen
DiPetro
VAN 2019-2nd (40th)

The draft position of the VAN prospects are irrelevant. It’s their current values which are low from their slow development. AVs dropping 24 spots for the risk.

Add 3 young prospects would meet depth areas: LHD, RW and Goalie prospects. The type of player they need at 16th anyways, but fills 3 options. 2nd adds a high risk/reward player.

VAN could hold their prospects then moving when they have little value. AVs are in a win now mode rather keep the pick. So not sure if both sides agree, but this could be a reasonable trade.

Last edited:

Dafp

May 3, 2016
UK
AVs might be interested in your proposal, if Tanev is changed for a Goalie?

AVs 2019-1st (16th)

For

Joulevi
Virtanen
DiPetro
VAN 2019-2nd (40th)

The draft position of the VAN prospects are irrelevant. It’s their current values which are low from their slow development. AVs dropping 24 spots for the risk.

Add 3 young prospects would meet depth areas: LHD, RW and Goalie prospects. The type of player they need at 16th anyways, but fills 3 options. 2nd adds a high risk/reward player.

VAN could hold their prospects then moving when they have little value. AVs are in a win now mode rather keep the pick. So not sure if both sides agree, but this could be a reasonable trade.
I can’t see any real reason for Colorado to make this trade. Neither Juolevi or Dipietro is likely to figure in their plans next year (or even the year after) and they could realistically walk away from the draft with Byram and Knight if they keep their picks. They can almost certainly find some depth on the RW in free agency that matches what Virtanen can provide (if they need to).

A bunch of mediocre trade chips don’t add up like this to make a drop of 24 places feasable.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I can’t see any real reason for Colorado to make this trade. Neither Juolevi or Dipietro is likely to figure in their plans next year (or even the year after) and they could realistically walk away from the draft with Byram and Knight if they keep their picks. They can almost certainly find some depth on the RW in free agency that matches what Virtanen can provide (if they need to).

A bunch of mediocre trade chips don’t add up like this to make a drop of 24 places feasable.

AVs need a G prospect and Knight assuming is the choice is likely 4-5 years away. DiPetro is the core prospect that is further along 2-3 years away, cutting the wait time. The others with a change in scenery could improve.

Juolevi last season had 2 major surgeries: back & knee. So he would be a substantial risk, but if recovered could be a huge return. Virtanen is a struggling big RW with toughness. AVs severely lack and might never be a top line Winger.

The proposal is risky for both teams. VAN resetting the rebuild without these prospects. AVs lose control of their destiny pick on the hopes the prospects recover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad