Value of: 1st round pick (11-15) to Vancouver

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
If Carolinas goalie gets blown out again tomorrow I could see the Canes a lil despy to make a move for a goalie and could pay steeply for Markstrom. 2019 1st plus something else for Markstrom makes sense, for everybody

True the Canes have a below-average goalie pool but Markstrom is too old and Mrazek did the job even if he falters tomorrow.

Carolina could be drafting Knight.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If Carolinas goalie gets blown out again tomorrow I could see the Canes a lil despy to make a move for a goalie and could pay steeply for Markstrom. 2019 1st plus something else for Markstrom makes sense, for everybody

Even if that happens, its hardly on Mrazek. While the 6-0 scoreline may seem like he left the team down, he was left on an island back there with virtually zero chance on at least 4 of those goals. Blame Dougie Hamilton if you want to blame anyone.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I actually believe Podzolkin will fall in this draft and would love my Kings to select him if he does.. however, our second pick is in the 20s(TML)..
Hence, what would it take from the Kings to get into that 11-15 range???
the package obviously starts with Toronto's pick....

From Philly at 11, i dont see a name on your active roster but you have other nice pieces with 25th oa pick, 33rd , Kupari/Clague/Anderson-D.

Maybe that 5th pick with you trading down to 11th? I dont know what are your needs.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Virtanen plus Stecher plus a ~2d pick, might be basis of package to NYR for 'peg's first
(18-21, if Vegas wins tonight, 18-20)
with NYR also adding some talent, young guys, or to balance roster, or Cap, considerations.

Some fans may blast me for proposing a 3-for-1 deal
(but I did not, note comment "NYR also adding some talent")

I am just calling out a type of bundle that could get NYR's attention,
by meeting hockey needs, along with rebuild arc;
if it's more than what VC fans feel is fair, i respect that.

I suspect NYR would only consider moving that pick for a return which seriously moves the needle; otherwise, just keep it.
Popular opinion is that picks 10-30 will offer multiple promising high-ceiling guys, even if not 'sure things,' which is obviously why OP began this thread to begin with

have fun y'all

Reactions: Canucks777

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
From Philly at 11, i dont see a name on your active roster but you have other nice pieces with 25th oa pick, 33rd , Kupari/Clague/Anderson-D.

Maybe that 5th pick with you trading down to 11th? I dont know what are your needs.

Yeah that 5th is going toward BPA, Rasmus Kupari and Mikey Anderson are untouchable.. I'd have to think the FO would consider 25th, Toffoli, 3rd rounder ... i don't think thats enough for Philly but was hoping for Florida at 13th or Montreal at 15th

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah that 5th is going toward BPA, Rasmus Kupari and Mikey Anderson are untouchable.. I'd have to think the FO would consider 25th, Toffoli, 3rd rounder ... i don't think thats enough for Philly but was hoping for Florida at 13th or Montreal at 15th

Montreal have no use for Toffoli. Your best bet would’ve been an extended Muzzin.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Oil Juolevi is an A prospect still. Virtanen and Gaudette are also great young players. This isn’t “washed up 4th liners” for a top pick

Habs offer you Juulsen for that 10th pick

Juulsen has proved he's better than Juollevi at every point, making him an A grade prospect also.

See what I did there?

Juollevi has been bad for 2 straight years now. Virtanen has NEVER reached 40 pts @ th NHL lvl and Gaudette is a 2nd/3rd line tweener PROSPECT. You're not gtting a top15 pick for struggling prospects and lesser pieces.

Poolparty isn't worth a top15 pick, and i'd take him over Juollevi AINEC

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Habs do not need Toffoli. Last thing the Habs need is a bunch of lesser pieces. Our roster is full of 2-3-4th line players. We need top line potential / top pairing potential player.

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
Habs offer you Juulsen for that 10th pick

Juulsen has proved he's better than Juollevi at every point, making him an A grade prospect also.

See what I did there?

Juollevi has been bad for 2 straight years now. Virtanen has NEVER reached 40 pts @ th NHL lvl and Gaudette is a 2nd/3rd line tweener PROSPECT. You're not gtting a top15 pick for struggling prospects and lesser pieces.

Poolparty isn't worth a top15 pick, and i'd take him over Juollevi AINEC
Actually Juolevi has played ok the last 2 years and no one was saying Juolevi for the pick straight up. He was also injured this year if you didn't know that...
And at this point I think poolparty and Juolevi are both pretty much worthless, at least value wise

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Actually Juolevi has played ok the last 2 years and no one was saying Juolevi for the pick straight up. He was also injured this year if you didn't know that...
And at this point I think poolparty and Juolevi are both pretty much worthless, at least value wise

I know he was injured, hence why offering Juulsen who's, at least, a good NHL d-man when healthy.

As said above, i'd take a flyer and offer a 2nd/4rd pick for Juollevi as we are thin on LHD in MTL, but more than that and it's just not worth it for the Habs

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Besides Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes is there a package that can land another 1st round pick, preferably in the 11-15 range and try and get both Boldy+CaufieldI wouldn’t mind a 16-20 pick as well and would love to get a crack at Heinola, Brink, Newhook etc. Prefer to trade roster players, but B prospects could also be included.

Tanev
Virtanen
Hutton
Juolevi
Gaudette
Baertschi

Are solid pieces that could be available as well as depth pieces.

AVs would be willing to move their 2nd and 3rd picks for this group.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Besides Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes is there a package that can land another 1st round pick, preferably in the 11-15 range and try and get both Boldy+CaufieldI wouldn’t mind a 16-20 pick as well and would love to get a crack at Heinola, Brink, Newhook etc. Prefer to trade roster players, but B prospects could also be included.

Tanev
Virtanen
Hutton
Juolevi
Gaudette
Baertschi

Are solid pieces that could be available as well as depth pieces.
So in other words, you want something for nothing. Cool.

While we're at it, the Flyers will give Vancouver Radko Gudas or Oskar Lindblom for the 10th pick.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
So in other words, you want something for nothing. Cool.

While we're at it, the Flyers will give Vancouver Radko Gudas or Oskar Lindblom for the 10th pick.
How is Juolevi (5th overall pick who is tracking well and would be in the NHL this past season if not for his injury. He was solid in the AHL) and Virtanen and Gaudette(Top 9 forwards with upside) along with Tanev who’s a top 4 shutdown dman and Baertschi (Top 9 winter) nothing pieces. Seriously people.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Col has a lot of interest in Hutton before. A few years ago Sakic offered Barrie for Hutton which JB decline. Which means Sakic does think highly of Hutton.

Maybe something like Hutton and 40th for Col late 1st and their 3rd round pick

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Most likely Canucks don't have the assets to get 11th to 15th

Might be able to get a late 1st. Hartman got traded for a late 1st
Maybe a teams wants to trade a late 1st FOR Virtanen

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
How is Juolevi (5th overall pick who is tracking well and would be in the NHL this past season if not for his injury. He was solid in the AHL) and Virtanen and Gaudette(Top 9 forwards with upside) along with Tanev who’s a top 4 shutdown dman and Baertschi (Top 9 winter) nothing pieces. Seriously people.
Relative to the asset you are looking to acquire, the majority of players you are offering up are ''nothing.'' It's just the typical post around here where someone wants to acquire to a high end asset and says ''but I'm not willing to give up anything of value.''

Tanev is about the only player you listed worth a damn and being that he only has one year left on his deal he isn't getting you the 11th-15th pick.

Jake Virtanaen is a slightly younger Ryan Hartman, want to give up the 10th pick to the Flyers for him?

Sven Baertschi will be 27 when next seasons begins and his best season is 18 goals/35 points. You'd be lucky to get a mid second rounder for him, let alone a pick in the 11-15 range.

I don't even need to expand any further. You seriously need to put a better effort into this if you don't expect to get completely destroyed here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad