Pre-Game Talk: 1st Round Discussion: Wings vs. Bolts

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Ovechkin plays at wing, so then it's Glendy-line winger Miller (who has played both sides at this season depending the opposite teams strongest winger) who plays against AO (or some other strong winger). In latest game we lost at home for Capitals, Ovechkin did kind of nothing at even strength.

Their game is just to GET ThE PUCK OUT from our own zone, no matter what. That "shuts down" the opposite offense.

Honestly that is our biggest problem. This team gets hemmed into it's own zone too easily. When facing an aggressive forecheck and direct outlet passes are covered our defenseman are forced to pass to each other and that is where things start going poorly for us. It is giing to be an interesting series that's for sure. I think if Tampa wins the series they will be hard to stop.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly that is our biggest problem. This team gets hemmed into it's own zone too easily. When facing an aggressive forecheck and direct outlet passes are covered our defenseman are forced to pass to each other and that is where things start going poorly for us. It is giing to be an interesting series that's for sure. I think if Tampa wins the series they will be hard to stop.

whoever wins this Series goes to the ECF just destroying Ottawa

Unless Montreal wins it then i have no clue

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Stammer will need a great playmaking wing to be dangerous. Martin St. Louis was superb in it, but he is now a Ranger. Currently, he plays with Killorn and Callahan, who are kind of grinders. Stammer is so alone on that line, he is not playmaker-type like Zetterberg, who can carry two pylons, he needs a feeder. In that kind of line combination (with two grinders) he is not hard to shut down. he is lethal weapon on a power-play, but at ES, not so much. Easy food for Glendening.

13 of Stamkos' 43 goals came on the powerplay. Of Ovechkin's 53 goals, 25 came on the powerplay.

People have been saying Stamkos' needs St. Louis since he was traded but he's still potting 40 a season in a low goal scoring year. To really add some perspective St. Louis had 52 points this year--- Stamkos nearly matched that in goals.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
whoever wins this Series goes to the ECF just destroying Ottawa

Unless Montreal wins it then i have no clue

If the wings lose I am rooting for a caps/lightning ecf I think that would be dyn-o-mite. But in a truly just and perfect world the Wings will take down the Hawks in 7, in OT.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
13 of Stamkos' 43 goals came on the powerplay. Of Ovechkin's 53 goals, 25 came on the powerplay.

People have been saying Stamkos' needs St. Louis since he was traded but he's still potting 40 a season in a low goal scoring year. To really add some perspective St. Louis had 52 points this year--- Stamkos nearly matched that in goals.

St. Louis is like 40 now

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
St. Louis is like 40 now

Which only further proves my point that Stamkos doesn't really -need- St. Louis. He may be better with an elite playmaker/prime St. Louis, sure, but who wouldn't be? Correction: Which perennial 30 goal scorer wouldn't be better with an elite playmaker?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Honestly that is our biggest problem. This team gets hemmed into it's own zone too easily. When facing an aggressive forecheck and direct outlet passes are covered our defenseman are forced to pass to each other and that is where things start going poorly for us.

That has happened earlier in the season with our defence. But, that defence has been weaker with more mistake-prone guys like Lashoff, Kindl and Smith there. Now they are at pressbox and we have added Marchenko and Zidlicky. + all other TOP4 guys are healthy.

We will ice the best defence we have had at any point of the season. First time. No one knows how good it will be. But I quarantee, it will be better we have seen at this season.

Stamkos had 1 ES goal against us at regular season. 2 on PP, 1 empty-netter. Not worried about him at ES.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
That has happened earlier in the season with our defence. But, that defence has been weaker with more mistake-prone guys like Lashoff, Kindl and Smith there. Now they are at pressbox and we have added Marchenko and Zidlicky. + all other TOP4 guys are healthy.

We will ice the best defence we have had at any point of the season. First time. No one knows how good it will be. But I quarantee, it will be better we have seen at this season.

I certainly hope so! The Erricson Kronwall pairing has been suspect lately as has Dekeyser and Quincey, really none of them have inspured confidence in me except for Zidlicky's offense lol, but I certainly hope the find another gear.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
I purchased a Game 6 ticket, which I rarely do. I think Wings in 6 is a good bet, otherwise it's going 7.

I don't see the Bolts winning in under 6.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Totally agree with Zetterberg and the rest of the guys on one really strange point but said it to my buddy sitting next to me at the game. I thought second period was our best period of the series and we somehow went out of it 3-0 in the period and 4-0 overall. I wasn't really sure how. I know people will kill that but it does happen occasionally.

Last edited:

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Lightning Fan coming in Peace. Just wanted to say that i thought you guys had a great game, lots of chances but bish was just on his game similar to mrazek (sp?) in game 1. I really look forward to a great series here, may the best team win!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lightning Fan coming in Peace. Just wanted to say that i thought you guys had a great game, lots of chances but bish was just on his game similar to mrazek (sp?) in game 1. I really look forward to a great series here, may the best team win!

GET OUT OF HERE YOU BUFFALO WING KILLER :cry:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Damn right. Game 3 gonna be interesting.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Need to play better.

Respect.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad