Pre-Game Talk: 1st Round Discussion: Wings vs. Bolts

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Two teams with questionable defense/goaltending but good offense. Should be an exciting series nonetheless

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I think tampa in 4

swept_away_logo.gif

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Tampa's offense is good but as I mentioned in another thread three of their top 5 scorers (Johnson, Kucherov, and Palat) are all rookies and have a combined 9 games of post season experience. Nyquist and Tatar of last year showed why you can't always expect young guys to keep regular season performances going into the post season. If the young Bolts can't adjust and pull a disappearing act (and if Goose and Tats learned their lessons from last year) the Wings can make this competitive.

All that being said I'm going to say Bolts in 6.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We can debate our goaltending until sunrise, but it's not going to matter if our defense can't execute. Our team doesn't close out games very well and that's what worries me about this series. Even if we outscore them for 58 minutes, that it'll all come unglued in the final 2 minutes.

I think Tampa will get us in 6.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Homer voted that we lose in 6. Hope we can compete at least but the way this team has played for the last couple months I'm certainly not expecting a 180.

Oh well, hopefully make a good series of it anyway

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Tampa, well with the shaky defense and bipolar goaltending this will be fun... kinda like watching a deer vs a 1957 Buick.
I gotta say, your analogies have been on point between this thread and the PGT

I'm going into this series with no expectations. I feel it'll be much easier that way.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 5m 5 minutes ago
Babcock said Marchenko will play in Game 1 of playoffs.

711129172289807905.jpg

That's great news indeed. Excited to see Marchy.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Lando play on the 4th line. Millsy, Luke and Lando played well.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist
Weiss-Helm-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
Andersson/Jurco

Or

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Weiss-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Andersson
Jurco/Ferraro

I still think it's a good lineup, but it would be better with Cole and Franzen. Like them or not.

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This is where Babcock will earn his money. I don't trust anyone more to get a team prepared than Babs. He will have a good game plan that will give us a good chance to succeed. Whether we can execute the plan or not....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad