OT: 1st OFFICIAL HFStars Meet Up - Retirement Night (3/08) - Katy Trail Ice House

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So this is a little OT and goes against everything my mother ever said but is anybody else attending the practice on Friday @ 11 in Frisco?

My brother and I were hoping to go and get a couple autographs after the praccy but at $100 for a taxi or a 2hr bus ride things aren't looking too hot.

So... if anybody could possibly give us a ride that would be unreal. We can provide chilled non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for the 30 minute road trip, some good jokes and you can enjoy our silly accents. (and we can compensate you a couple bucks for the ride as well)

Yeah, someone carpool to Frisco. My friend and I would like to go to.

I got you guys, if you're still interested.

I'll be leaving out of Austin EARLY Friday morning, so I can make it to downtown Dallas by 9:30 or so. Gives me a good reason to skip my Friday classes on the last day before Spring break.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX

I'll be leaving out of Austin EARLY Friday morning, so I can make it to downtown Dallas by 9:30 or so. Gives me a good reason to skip my Friday classes on the last day before Spring break.

Wow thanks man! My friend and I are staying at the Best Western market center. We should be in by 8 am.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

MY MAN!!

We're at the Fairmont Hotel

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Yeah I'm a pretty good guy. Only been convicted of 5 assault felonies and 2 counts of kidnapping.

Do you guys have a twitter or Facebook or something that's easier to communicate than HF PM's?

I'll message ya my facebook name.

Also I was checking their practice schedule and didn't see anything on the 8th. Am i missing something?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'll message ya my facebook name.

Also I was checking their practice schedule and didn't see anything on the 8th. Am i missing something?

It's the 7th (Friday) @11am (in Frisco)

The 8th is the Modano game so morning skate is at AAC(???) and normally these aren't open to public

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
:( That's a bummer

Sean, if you're still making the trip my brother and I's offer of refreshments, road snacks, good jokes and our crazy Newfoundland accents still stands.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
:( That's a bummer

Sean, if you're still making the trip my brother and I's offer of refreshments, road snacks, good jokes and our crazy Newfoundland accents still stands.

Yeah I'm committed to skipping class, so it should be worth it.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, thought I'd let you know. Valet parking at Katy Ice House is free. I'd suggest tipping a couple bucks though.

Don't waste your time parking on a corner in the area. (Edit): There's a lot of places that look like parking spots that will ticket you and a ton of people driving on those streets who shouldn't be driving (drunk college kids).

Most people think valet is super expensive there, but it's not. Trust me. I go there all the time with my wife a dog.

Last edited:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Me too bud. I live right around the corner, but can't make it.

If anyone else is in the same scenario let me know, we can meet up for a future game.

Count me in. I'll make it back down at some point. It'll be like the bronze medal game :laugh: But dammit we'll win that sh**.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Hey guys, thought I'd let you know. Valet parking at Katy Ice House is free. I'd suggest tipping a couple bucks though.

Don't waste your time parking on a corner in the area. (Edit): There's a lot of places that look like parking spots that will ticket you and a ton of people driving on those streets who shouldn't be driving (drunk college kids).

Most people think valet is super expensive there, but it's not. Trust me. I go there all the time with my wife a dog.

This explains so much.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
How about first/second home playoff game this year?

Just PM me dude.

Well I'll see how all this crap plays out my wife and I are going through (expensive fertility treatment). May or may not be this season, but I'd love to make that happen. Playoff game would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00