Proposal: 1st OA for Pettersson

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Yeah, players retire after their rookie seasons all the time...

And really, how is 'his (D2) rookie season was better than Matthews' (D1) rookie season because even though Matthews got 40 goals, Elias had a higher PPG so he's better!' an argument?

Karna continues to bite the Canucks in the ass because of this hubris (note: EP is a fantastic player, but I want to see more than one season of ridiculous s% before crowning him the king.)

Cause assists are a thing? And it’s also worth mentioning how Pettersson wasn’t surrounded by a playoff team

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
2yw9vo.jpg
Damn you salty.

Reactions: Chaflie

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
Nucks get to unite both of the Hughes brothers and also get to select 1st OA in front their home crowd. Devils get a more proven player with similar upside. Who has to add?
Boeser and # 10 pick
For
1st oa and pick 32

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Guess I forgot how bad the Pettersson hysteria was :laugh:. He had a good start to the season but was riding an unsustainable shooting percentage, and when that fell back to earth he had a very underwhelming end to the season. He's definitely going to be a good 1C in the league for a long time but to imply that his value isn't comparable to Hughes is pretty ridiculous. This isn't McDavid we're talking about.

....a good 1C....

You take that, bank it, and run. Some of you guys seem infatuated with brother duos.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
As a Blues fan, I would take Pettersson over any pick in this draft. He has everything you want as a you player.

You would hope the Hughes would produce as much as Pettersson.

Reactions: Homesick

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
It's cute, it amounted to another trip to the lottery.

Auston and friends took a last place team to the playoffs and are now progressing into a legitimate contender.

Apples and oranges, it's cute that Elias had a cute season and the franchise is in the same place it was last year.

My golden boy is still playing hockey, so yeah, can't break this smile.

Tell me more...

Can't resist.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Nucks get to unite both of the Hughes brothers and also get to select 1st OA in front their home crowd. Devils get a more proven player with similar upside. Who has to add?

Why would anybody want to unite the Hughes brothers? Or trade Petterson? This is nonsense, so I am fearful Canucks do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad