Proposal: 1st OA for Pettersson

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
Win a round before calling the leafs a contender. Anyways wouldn’t touch this trade with a 10 foot pole, pettersson still has a ridiculous ceiling and an insane work ethic to get better. Hughes barely topped his d -1 year.
Awwwww win a wound....

We've been competitive with Washington a President Trophy winner and Boston arguable a top three contender with our players on their ELC. By any reasonable measure of success this is a fantastic rebuild.

Stay jelly fren.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Let's see about making this more productive.

Devils fans: What's the deal with Hall? Is there a package we could get him for with out Petey or Hughes?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Let's see about making this more productive.

Devils fans: What's the deal with Hall? Is there a package we could get him for with out Petey or Hughes?
Sure. Your next 20 first round picks unprotected.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The Courtnalls, the Sedins, The Slegrs..

The Capuanos, The Goulds

Good god does Vancouver ever love reuniting brothers. I'm guessing this is why you drafted Federov, and Kariya's baby brothers.

See if you can get PK, and Malcolm to play with Jordan.

the slegr brothers?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Its no different than people who rate Bergeron/Kopitar types ahead of some higher scoring less swiss-army knife types. Thats HischiervsPettersson. Like BergeronvsSeguin type of ordeals

You honestly have not seen Pettersson play much at all this year, I was entertaining your opinion to a point but statements like this show that you simply don’t know what you’re talking about. He has shown talent that make many compare him to Datsyuk. He is not going to be a one dimensional scorer, even as a rookie he was superb on the back check and scored many points off self created turn overs. He was good in all three zones, I am not sure where you are drawing your comparisons other than pure fabrication.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
It's cute, it amounted to another trip to the lottery.

Auston and friends took a last place team to the playoffs and are now progressing into a legitimate contender.

Apples and oranges, it's cute that Elias had a cute season and the franchise is in the same place it was last year.

My golden boy is still playing hockey, so yeah, can't break this smile.

Tell me more...

Well let’s be fair here... Yes Toronto made the playoffs in 2016 while Matthews was a rookie. But, they didn’t make the playoffs in the previous 3 years not to mentioned only made it once in the previous 11 years, so they had some time to secure some high draft picks. The Canucks have missed the playoffs the past 4 years, and before that they made fairly consistent playoff appearances. We were not nearly as far along in our re-build when we got Pettersson as you were when you got Matthews, so I’m not exactly sure where the comparison is. Give us a few more years, we’ll get there. I’m not sure what you’re point is.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
Well let’s be fair here... Yes Toronto made the playoffs in 2016 while Matthews was a rookie. But, they didn’t make the playoffs in the previous 3 years not to mentioned only made it once in the previous 11 years, so they had some time to secure some high draft picks. The Canucks have missed the playoffs the past 4 years, and before that they made fairly consistent playoff appearances. We were not nearly as far along in our re-build when we got Pettersson as you were when you got Matthews, so I’m not exactly sure where the comparison is. Give us a few more years, we’ll get there. I’m not sure what you’re point is.
Yeah and I wasn't bashing the Canucks when they were a contender to make me feel better about the Leafs I was criticizing the Leafs.

Read the thread and you'll get the point. I'm just responding to bs.

As for 'the rebuild time line' It started with Nylander and Virtanen was picks three spots ahead of him so Nuck had their opportunities to not Juolevi their rebuild.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Nucks get to unite both of the Hughes brothers and also get to select 1st OA in front their home crowd. Devils get a more proven player with similar upside. Who has to add?

As an Oiler fan, I approve of this trade.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
You honestly have not seen Pettersson play much at all this year, I was entertaining your opinion to a point but statements like this show that you simply don’t know what you’re talking about. He has shown talent that make many compare him to Datsyuk. He is not going to be a one dimensional scorer, even as a rookie he was superb on the back check and scored many points off self created turn overs. He was good in all three zones, I am not sure where you are drawing your comparisons other than pure fabrication.
Oh so some backchecks is good defense?

Please, Hischier is miles ahead in two-way play

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Why do people feed the trolls....
As a Devils fan , this is my take :
1.EP is a stud and has shown he has world class talent .
2. Probably the best player taken in his draft year. Miro and Larkin also tremendous players in their own right but I think EP playing C is a “sexier” pick bs Miro and will put up more points than Larkin , however I think Larkin is better and a stronger two way game vs EP.
3. Hughes has the “potential”to mayyybe be a tad better than EP.
I’m hoping he is a player like P Kane / Marner / Gaudreau but could also be like RNH ....
No way Vancouver trades laterally(skill wise) where EP has already shown he is likely to hit his ceiling and Hughes is still a ??

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Awwwww win a wound....

We've been competitive with Washington a President Trophy winner and Boston arguable a top three contender with our players on their ELC. By any reasonable measure of success this is a fantastic rebuild.

Stay jelly fren.
I got to see my team go on a bunch of runs/win rounds for almost a decade..no one is jealous of the leafs until they actually go on a run

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Why do people feed the trolls....
As a Devils fan , this is my take :
1.EP is a stud and has shown he has world class talent .
2. Probably the best player taken in his draft year. Miro and Larkin also tremendous players in their own right but I think EP playing C is a “sexier” pick bs Miro and will put up more points than Larkin , however I think Larkin is better and a stronger two way game vs EP.
3. Hughes has the “potential”to mayyybe be a tad better than EP.
I’m hoping he is a player like P Kane / Marner / Gaudreau but could also be like RNH ....
No way Vancouver trades laterally(skill wise) where EP has already shown he is likely to hit his ceiling and Hughes is still a ??
Larkin wasn't in that draft.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
When is the last time a marquee, franchise player ever got traded for another one straight up? 99.9% of the time, both teams would rather keep their marketable stars than trade them for different stars. Hughes for Pettersson is probably a reasonable trade on paper, both will be elite skill players and high end 1Cs, but it'll never happen in real life.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pettersson is currently and is going to be a much better player than Hughes or Kakko. Canucks don’t touch this.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Pettersson is currently and is going to be a much better player than Hughes or Kakko. Canucks don’t touch this.

Did you marry Elias sister? :)
We don`t know that yet - many have talked about Hughes for 0ver 3 years now about his dynamic skills, and Kakko is an amazing high end prospect too.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
There is absolutely nothing better than talking in absolutes, when talking about 20 years or younger hockey player. AINEC, absolutely NEC.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Did you marry Elias sister? :)
We don`t know that yet - many have talked about Hughes for 0ver 3 years now about his dynamic skills, and Kakko is an amazing high end prospect too.

No I actually find Pettersson to be incredibly overrated. That said as overrated as he is, he’s still a special talent and projects to be much better than anyone in this draft class.

Reactions: Ori

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
I got to see my team go on a bunch of runs/win rounds for almost a decade..no one is jealous of the leafs until they actually go on a run
Saw Nucks pull a Tampa and ruin a President's Trophy and lose game 7 in the finals twice, who is jealous of that?

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Saw Nucks pull a Tampa and ruin a President's Trophy and lose game 7 in the finals twice, who is jealous of that?
It’s exciting...? Watching your team make the finals is a fun ride even if they lose, guess you wouldn’t know the feeling

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->