Proposal: 1st OA for Pettersson

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why? Pettersson has done nothing but impress since being drafted and is already our 1C as a rookie. Plus, the eye test, if you actually watch this kid, wow....

No chance I trade him for Hughes. I think most fans would take Pettersson over Hughes as well.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Guess I forgot how bad the Pettersson hysteria was :laugh:. He had a good start to the season but was riding an unsustainable shooting percentage, and when that fell back to earth he had a very underwhelming end to the season. He's definitely going to be a good 1C in the league for a long time but to imply that his value isn't comparable to Hughes is pretty ridiculous. This isn't McDavid we're talking about.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean I don't know why either team would do this.

NJ markets the **** out of Hughes, Vancouver keeps their superstar-in-the-making player.

Now.. I do wonder what the cost would be to bring Q. Hughes to NJ.
NJ needs a face of the franchise. Being an American is a bonus as well.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
boo-half-baked-this-man-iSxPmDWr97248
giphy.gif

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
The Courtnalls, the Sedins, The Slegrs..

The Capuanos, The Goulds

Good god does Vancouver ever love reuniting brothers. I'm guessing this is why you drafted Federov, and Kariya's baby brothers.

See if you can get PK, and Malcolm to play with Jordan.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Avalanche2123

Apr 9, 2019
Pettersson might be better than Hughes and obviously should have gone 1st in his draft, so why bother trading for the unknown?

Canucks will take another roster player at 10 and that's that. Quinn Hughes will be more than happy to carve his own destiny.
Settle down there bud, Makar is yet to play.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I think the more logical scenario would be NJ trying to deal for Quinn to market the American brothers

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Typical HF. Make a bad proposal then slam the player you are suggesting trading for when everyone tells you to take a hike. The fact the OP even asked who adds like it could possibly be Pettersson + is laughably bad
Was the slam when I said he’ll be a very good 1C for a long time, when I said he has comparable value to Hughes, or when I said he wasn’t McDavid?

Reactions: MakoSlade

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Guess I forgot how bad the Pettersson hysteria was :laugh:. He had a good start to the season but was riding an unsustainable shooting percentage, and when that fell back to earth he had a very underwhelming end to the season. He's definitely going to be a good 1C in the league for a long time but to imply that his value isn't comparable to Hughes is pretty ridiculous. This isn't McDavid we're talking about.

By very underwhelming do you mean the 21 points in the last 31 games or the 10 points in his last 17? Just cause he didn't score quite as consistently certainly didn't mean he wasn't producing lol.

The Courtnalls, the Sedins, The Slegrs..

The Capuanos, The Goulds

Good god does Vancouver ever love reuniting brothers. I'm guessing this is why you drafted Federov, and Kariya's baby brothers.

See if you can get PK, and Malcolm to play with Jordan.

We don't have Jordan.

Settle down there bud, Makar is yet to play.

He still won't be better than Petey.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com

At least you tried.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

J15

Mar 18, 2009
By very underwhelming do you mean the 21 points in the last 31 games or the 10 points in his last 17? Just cause he didn't score quite as consistently certainly didn't mean he wasn't producing lol.

It's all relative. It's very good production in a vacuum, but underwhelming if you're claiming that Pettersson is in a tier above Hughes. My main point here is that an honest assessment Pettersson's performance this year indicates that he's in the same tier of players as Hughes. That really shouldn't be a controversial opinion, nor is it a slight to Pettersson as some posters are trying to make it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->