Value of: 1st/2nd pairing Right Shot Dman that might be moving this season

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I see it the other way...unless he's extended by the trade-deadline, he's as good as gone. Blues aren't Cup contenders, and after losing Schwartz, Dunn, Petro & Bouwmeester for nothing the franchise can't afford to let Parayko walk too. He's probably looking for $50M over 7-years...if Army won't pay that, somebody surely will...if he shows he's healthy.

Imagine Calgary or EDM would be desirable destinations for him, though I can't seeing his next contract fitting with the Oilers.

While I don’t disagree with you, nor am I trying to undermine the level of player Parayko is, thankfully for us the money typically goes to the d men that put up points in bunches. I think if Parayko was healthy last season and had a year of around 45 points or so like he probably would’ve gotten that 7x7 look would be pretty realistic for him to ask. IMO he’s worth that but I’d imagine he gets a little under that with term. I just hope it’s with us. Because that defense would be a tire fire without him.

Him leaving would certainly signify major changes coming to the roster going forward which wouldn’t be the worst thing. But it doesn’t seem to be Army/the Blues m.o. they seem to love staying just competitive enough to be in the mix but not competitive enough to make us not wishing for a little more.

A d core of Faulk, Krug, and question marks going forward sounds like a nightmare scenario

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
NMC for next 3 seasons then modified NMC after that. They also may decide to just use someone on their off side

Don't the Rangers have Lindgren, Miller and Jones as young guys already on the roster on the left side? If so they may not have room to move someone over. Which makes me realize how many good D prospects the Rangers have. Did Drury's mother never teach him to share?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I think he could easily play 2nd pairing. I think he's stuck behind Doughty and Roy and that person is Sean Walker. He's got offensive upside and is on a cheap contract. The Kings have a glut of nhl ready defenseman that can replace him ( Clague Strand come to mind right off) Any interest? Looking picks and maybe a high end goalie prospect better then what the kings have already

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Don't the Rangers have Lindgren, Miller and Jones as young guys already on the roster on the left side? If so they may not have room to move someone over. Which makes me realize how many good D prospects the Rangers have. Did Drury's mother never teach him to share?

Im guessing Jones and one of Schneider/Lundkvist start the season in the AHL and go from there. They def are stacked on D prospects. It’d be nice to deal one for an equivalent C prospect where they are pretty bare.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Severson is under contract through 2023, so I don't think the Devils would put him on the block quite yet especially with the dearth at RD in the AHL.

P.K. Subban on the other hand will probably be dangled if we're sellers. I wouldn't expect a huge return at this point, but we'll see which teams are in need by the deadline.

PK isn't a top 4 Dman anymore.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wouldn’t the Rangers prefer to move Trouba and keep the very good prospects on ELC’s as cap crunch might be tricky when Fox and Zib and the rest of the kids will be getting raises? Or does Trouba have a NMC

He does Trouba have a NMC. Also even if he didn't who is going to want to take on another 5 years of him at 8 million?

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
He does Trouba have a NMC. Also even if he didn't who is going to want to take on another 5 years of him at 8 million?

As much as I don't like Trouba (Jets fan), he still has value, just significantly less than he would at a more reasonable contract. Any team with cap space and a need on D would probably make an offer.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
While I don’t disagree with you, nor am I trying to undermine the level of player Parayko is, thankfully for us the money typically goes to the d men that put up points in bunches. I think if Parayko was healthy last season and had a year of around 45 points or so like he probably would’ve gotten that 7x7 look would be pretty realistic for him to ask. IMO he’s worth that but I’d imagine he gets a little under that with term. I just hope it’s with us. Because that defense would be a tire fire without him.

Him leaving would certainly signify major changes coming to the roster going forward which wouldn’t be the worst thing. But it doesn’t seem to be Army/the Blues m.o. they seem to love staying just competitive enough to be in the mix but not competitive enough to make us not wishing for a little more.

A d core of Faulk, Krug, and question marks going forward sounds like a nightmare scenario
7x7 is extremely optimistic. Werenski and Jones didn’t have big point seasons and they’re both getting 9.5 million while being worse defensively than Parakyo.

The Blues are going to have to pony up to keep him because some GM out there would absolutely sign him to a monster contract

Reactions: sfvega

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Who are some of the big names out there that shoots right or plays Right D that can potentially be on the move this season especially at the trade deadline.

Lets assume that the team they play on are out of the playoff race. Would love to hear cost to obtain some of these players or if you think they would even be made available at all.

Parayko
Petry
Klingberg
Dumba
Rasmus Andersson
Damon Severson
Connor Murphy

Would Ekblad be available?

I'm sure there is more, would love to hear other names thrown out there and their perceived return value

Brent Burns has a limited NTC (3 teams), makes 8M/year for 4 more years. In a right deal, could see him moved with maximum 20% retained.
Obviously cap would be coming back in form of a roster player (with less term than Burns) along with something that would entice us to make the trade (Burns is the least of our worries right now).

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Wouldn’t the Rangers prefer to move Trouba and keep the very good prospects on ELC’s as cap crunch might be tricky when Fox and Zib and the rest of the kids will be getting raises? Or does Trouba have a NMC

For sure.

Trouba has an NMC that becomes a Modified NTC in the last 2 years (24-25 and 25-26).

We have Schneider and Lundkvist on ELCs for the next 3 years, just in time for Trouba's NTC to change to that modified clause. No need to rush to trade either guy, especially considering Schneider is 19, unless our hand is forced and both guys are ready to step in.

Trouba gets a bad rap around here, but it's important to note he takes some pretty tough assignments that makes it easier for the other RD on the team. The fact that Fox is no slouch himself on defense makes it a real strength.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
can philly fans give a low down on ghost . is he still a legitimate power play quarterback? i thought he was pretty decent overall for the flyers last year but am i wrong ?

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Why not throw Sami Vatanen a contract? He's a right shot RD and he's a FA so you can get him for free. Still young at 30. As a Devils fan I will admit last year wasn't the best for him but it was a messed up season with covid. The year prior he was fine. Even better is since he had a bad season you can sign him on the cheap. What can go wrong? If he remains healthy & regains his form from 2 seasons ago you can have a 2nd pair or at worst 3rd RD. If he sucks well then he's cheap enough that it doesn't really matter. Give him a 1 year show me deal if anything to see if he has anything in the tank. If he sucks let him walk.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
7x7 is extremely optimistic. Werenski and Jones didn’t have big point seasons and they’re both getting 9.5 million while being worse defensively than Parakyo.

The Blues are going to have to pony up to keep him because some GM out there would absolutely sign him to a monster contract

Yeah, we have no leverage. We have no replacements on the roster and definitely none in the pipeline and Petro recently walked. If you're thinking that Parayko's AAV is starting with a 6, you're in for a rude awakening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad