Value of: 1st/2nd pairing Right Shot Dman that might be moving this season

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Who are some of the big names out there that shoots right or plays Right D that can potentially be on the move this season especially at the trade deadline.

Lets assume that the team they play on are out of the playoff race. Would love to hear cost to obtain some of these players or if you think they would even be made available at all.

Parayko
Petry
Klingberg
Dumba
Rasmus Andersson
Damon Severson
Connor Murphy

Would Ekblad be available?

I'm sure there is more, would love to hear other names thrown out there and their perceived return value

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Severson is under contract through 2023, so I don't think the Devils would put him on the block quite yet especially with the dearth at RD in the AHL.

P.K. Subban on the other hand will probably be dangled if we're sellers. I wouldn't expect a huge return at this point, but we'll see which teams are in need by the deadline.

Reactions: banks

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
No chance Petry is traded he and his family loves Montreal and he has a nmc For the entire 4 year contract he signed. The guy is going to likely retire a hab which I am fine with he has been such a great player for us and we only gave up a 2nd round pick.

And none of that is even taking into account that we just lost Weber on the right side.

Reactions: HabsQC and banks

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If things go south for the Bruins this year, I definitely see McAvoy being available. Bruins love trading young players entering their prime.

Reactions: hn777

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Who are some of the big names out there that shoots right or plays Right D that can potentially be on the move this season especially at the trade deadline.

Lets assume that the team they play on are out of the playoff race. Would love to hear cost to obtain some of these players or if you think they would even be made available at all.

Parayko
Petry
Klingberg
Dumba
Rasmus Andersson
Damon Severson
Connor Murphy

Would Ekblad be available?

I'm sure there is more, would love to hear other names thrown out there and their perceived return value

FLA has their best team in years and is "going for it".

What team that is "going for it" trades their #1 D?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Capitals might trade Schultz for a rental cost. He has his issues but was top 30 in the league scoring on defense while playing a secondary role. He also missed several games after getting hit in the mouth with a shot.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Here’s one that’s a long shot because it’s based on how fast Noah Dobson comes along. If rapid, do you trade Mayfield or Pulock?

Mayfield’s contract makes him a great trade chip, while Pulock is UFA after the season.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not a veteran but the Rangers may entertain trading Lundkvist or Schneider as they already have Trouba and Fox on RD.
Wouldn’t the Rangers prefer to move Trouba and keep the very good prospects on ELC’s as cap crunch might be tricky when Fox and Zib and the rest of the kids will be getting raises? Or does Trouba have a NMC

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not a top 4 RHD right now, but one of Lundkvist or Schneider will eventually be moved in a package in the next year or so. Hoping it’s Nils as he’s redundant in the system and his perceived value is much higher than Schneider’s.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
unless Parayko comes out and says he's not re-signing, or wants an exorbitant amount, in STL he won't be traded
I see it the other way...unless he's extended by the trade-deadline, he's as good as gone. Blues aren't Cup contenders, and after losing Schwartz, Dunn, Petro & Bouwmeester for nothing the franchise can't afford to let Parayko walk too. He's probably looking for $50M over 7-years...if Army won't pay that, somebody surely will...if he shows he's healthy.

Imagine Calgary or EDM would be desirable destinations for him, though I'm not seeing his next contract fitting with the Oilers.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
And none of that is even taking into account that we just lost Weber on the right side.
keep in mind that weber has slowed down considerably. A 30 year old savard will be a suitable replacement on the defensive end . an offensive rd would balance the pairs nicely . petry can do both .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
...rumors around Klingberg are very interesting and, as a Habs fan, I'd luv to add him to our Top Pairing...
he would definitely be an awesome addition. i don't know what it would cost to extend him but the way some dman were getting 9 plus million recently you'd have to think he's getting 8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad