Proposal: 1OA pick to Ottawa

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
How do Lambert or Wright compare to Laf? Also with the 1st and 5th I imagine Ottawa rebounds and that 2021 is pretty late.

Hard to say, I won't pretend to know more than I do, but Wright looks like he could be elite for sure. And a center.

I think Ottawa gets better, but I think it would take a little more time to start drafting late. I would think the 2021 pick would still be in the top 10, and the 2022 pick would be tough to guess.

Pretty crazy scenario we're talking about there though. Winning the 1st pick and having a team willing to pay the big price required to get it is a long shot IMO.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
and then having the possibility of an extra shot at a Wright or Lambert in 2022.

I’m sure you do. But the idea of Ottawa trading future 1st round picks is far fetched to say the least.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Flames do 1st overall and a small add for Brady and #5 (I don't expect Ottawa to do it though)

I would fully be behind this happening.
Would love to see CGY with both Matt and Brady on the same team. Would instantly make them the biggest 'jerks' in the NHL, but 'jerks' who are also supper elite talent wise.

As a Leafs fan, I also would much prefer to face an Ottawa team with Laffy than Brady and whoever the 5th is.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If the team picking 1st overall needs centres and D more than wingers, I could easily see teams doing something like Laf + 2nd round pick for the 3rd and 5th overall. That could be something like Stutzle-or-Byfield and Drysdale. But IMO Ottawa shouldn’t do that, better off sticking with 3 and 5.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I’m sure you do. But the idea of Ottawa trading future 1st round picks is far fetched to say the least.

I agree with that, I wouldn't likely be moving them either if I was the Sens. But getting the 1st overall would cost a lot IMO, and that's what I would be looking for myself.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm curious, how would Senators fans feel about Tkachuk and either Brannstrom or pick #5 for pick #1? Is that a no brainer in your eyes or would you be hesitant to do that?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I'm curious, how would Senators fans feel about Tkachuk and either Brannstrom or pick #5 for pick #1? Is that a no brainer in your eyes or would you be hesitant to do that?

Senators are not trading Brady. He's the player you need on a cup contending team. I'd do 3rd OA+Brannstrom for 1OA but that would be a dream for the Sens. Likelihood is that Ottawa would need to overpay for 1OA and hence why it's never going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad