Proposal: 1OA pick to Ottawa

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Let me preface this by saying that as a Sens fan it was disappointing not to get the 1OA pick but I believe the Sens have enough picks/prospects in the system to trade for the 10A pick and select Lafreniere. Also being a french Canadian, Lafreniere would be a mega hit in a bilingual town like Ottawa right across the river from Quebec and rejuvenate the fan base.

What do you think of this offer?

To Ottawa:
1OA pick (Lafreniere)

To TBD Team:
3rd OA pick (Likely Byfield/Stutzle who could be as good as Lafreniere if not better in the long run)
Isles 1st overall pick in 2020 (This could be in the range of 13-31 depending on where the Isles finish but could be a player like Askarov/Mercer/Holloway/Amirov/Zary)
Sens 33rd OA pick in 2020
Sens prospect Logan Brown (C) who was a former first rounder in 2016.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The drop off after Lafreniere is probably much too large.

Remember, teams have offered much more in the past for a 1st overall pick and been turned down.

Reactions: Meeqs

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Yes, even with them in the mix.

Ask yourself what the incentive is for the team moving the 1st overall pick? To acquire a mid-1st, a 2nd, and a prospect that has 2nd/3rd line upside?

Well it's beefs up the proposal that includes Byfield or Stutzle. Not to mention in a deep draft mid first is no throw in.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Let me preface this by saying that as a Sens fan it was disappointing not to get the 1OA pick but I believe the Sens have enough picks/prospects in the system to trade for the 10A pick and select Lafreniere. Also being a french Canadian, Lafreniere would be a mega hit in a bilingual town like Ottawa right across the river from Quebec and rejuvenate the fan base.

To Ottawa:
1OA pick (Lafreniere)

To TBD Team:
3rd OA pick (Likely Byfield/Stutzle who could be as good as Lafreniere if not better in the long run)
Isles 1st overall pick in 2020 (This could be in the range of 13-31 depending on where the Isles finish but could be a player like Askarov/Mercer/Holloway/Amirov/Zary)
From a Ranger POV, if they get the first overall, I don't make that trade.

Reactions: Barnaby

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yes, even with them in the mix.

Ask yourself what the incentive is for the team moving the 1st overall pick? To acquire a mid-1st, a 2nd, and a prospect that has 2nd/3rd line upside?

PLUS the 3rd OV pick.

If thats not incentive, then I dont know what is. Sort of makes a difference when you consider its the most valuable asset in the package by far, dont ya think? I dont even do this as a Sens fan because I believe that any of the top 3 can end up being the best player in the draft, depending on how things play out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If my team got 1OA I wouldn't do it unless it was 3+5 coming back. Same with LA, I would require 2+Turcotte.

Reactions: mattyboy and Meeqs

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

To Ottawa:
1OA pick (Lafreniere)

To TBD Team:

If you think Byfield or Stutzle have the potential to be as good as Lafreniere in the long run, why does Ottawa do this deal?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you think Byfield or Stutzle have the potential to be as good as Lafreniere in the long run, why does Ottawa do this deal?

I'm assuming it has to do with the QC part he touched on, but also the fact that Lafreniere is a much safer bet to reach that potential. While Byfield and Stutzle could be better, they also very likely could not. Especially in the case of Byfield.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
As others said, to me, it would require #3 and #5 overall.

Wrong.

upload_2020-7-24_16-22-9.png

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

Would be a pretty steep overpay

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
Too much for Lafreniere. Ottawa needs a #1 centre and high draft picks are the best way to get that.

StonebeatsMcdavid

Jul 3, 2020

To Ottawa:
1OA pick (Lafreniere)

To TBD Team:

I'd wouldn't do it if I'm Ottawa. You are giving up basically a 3OV, 2 mid 1sts, and the 33OA (so basically a borderline 1st).

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad