Proposal: 1LD to Buffalo

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Hanifin for Reinhart is sounding like the best potential deal out there at the moment. Came up in another thread.

From a Canes standpoint, I wouldn't do that. I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed Canes fans...but I'm pretty sure if we move a LHD to get a F building-block, that LHD will be Fleury or, more likely, Slavin.

For me at-least, Hanifin is untouchable, second only to Faulk among our D...and I expect him to surpass Faulk by the end of next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella for Nylander+cap filler(needed to make the cap work for BUF)

Brodin for Reinhart+cap filler

In these scenarios, it is presumed that the cap filler player is not valuable, is not signed long term, and does not have an NMC or NTC.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

In these scenarios, it is presumed that the cap filler player is not valuable, is not signed long term, and does not have an NMC or NTC.

I'd say no to both those deals quite easily.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Reinhart looks like he's going to be attached to Eichel for the next decade. Trading him for Brodin involves Buffalo taking on the risk that we can't replace him and chase a top line winger for years. In exchange we get a known quantity who is real good with a high floor but a lower ceiling. Avoiding the increased risk is worth more than the player acquired.

Nylander pushes the risk back to Minny but at the cost of the 8OA pick which was a non-starter prior to the draft and Nylander certainly hasn't decreased the value of the pick in the month he's played in the AHL. Player value is off.

Cap filler, not interested in discussing cap filler in relation to these 2 trades. If part of the return in anyway for Reinhart or Nylander is cap space then it's not really a deal I'm interested in. If the cap has no value, then its not worth discussing. Exception: Tyler Ennis, player with value and cap hit who isn't part of the core. If the cap shifting is acquiring Ennis and taking on his full 4.6mil hit then that's a different story (and a different trade).

Nylander+ for Brodin, with the + compensating for the risk shifting to Minny, so not a super high value asset but something of a known quantity or a very unknown quantity with high potential

Reinhart for Hanafin

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

Value favors Minnesota, but I have a feeling these are probably the asking prices (and rightful asking prices -- Minnesota has no reason to trade either right now) for Scandella and Brodin.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Minnesota has to add to both deals if you are trying to get reinhart or nylander.

More likely would be something like a 1st in 17 (top 10 protected)+2 young players/prospects.

For Reinhart to get moved a true top young Dman would have to be coming back. BRODIN and Scandella are both good but not at that level.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reinhart looks like he's going to be attached to Eichel for the next decade. Trading him for Brodin involves Buffalo taking on the risk that we can't replace him and chase a top line winger for years. In exchange we get a known quantity who is real good with a high floor but a lower ceiling. Avoiding the increased risk is worth more than the player acquired.

Nylander pushes the risk back to Minny but at the cost of the 8OA pick which was a non-starter prior to the draft and Nylander certainly hasn't decreased the value of the pick in the month he's played in the AHL. Player value is off.

Cap filler, not interested in discussing cap filler in relation to these 2 trades. If part of the return in anyway for Reinhart or Nylander is cap space then it's not really a deal I'm interested in. If the cap has no value, then its not worth discussing. Exception: Tyler Ennis, player with value and cap hit who isn't part of the core. If the cap shifting is acquiring Ennis and taking on his full 4.6mil hit then that's a different story (and a different trade).

Nylander+ for Brodin, with the + compensating for the risk shifting to Minny, so not a super high value asset but something of a known quantity or a very unknown quantity with high potential

Reinhart for Hanafin

I think you misunderstand about the cap filler. That would be needed for Buffalo to make the deal, as Reinhart's salary is less than Brodin's, and Nyalnder, of course, has no salary. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Sabres can take on Brodin's salary without sending some back.

Ennis, with his deal, has negative value for team such as the Wild.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Minnesota has to add to both deals if you are trying to get reinhart or nylander.n

More likely would be something like a 1st in 17 (top 10 protected)+2 young players/prospects.

For Reinhart to get moved a true top young Dman would have to be coming back. BRODIN and Scandella are both good but not at that level.

You are delusional.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You are delusional.

Why??? MInnesota will get what fir one of its Dmen...nothing ??? given they go in the expansion draft. Minnesota will not get a top line center. TEAMS will instead deal with vegas for drafting the player and trading them.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota has to add to both deals if you are trying to get reinhart or nylander.

Whatever on Reinhart. Adding to Scandella for Nylander is a joke. 1st + two young players? Get real.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Looking for a first-pairing LD, preferably someone in the age range of our core, preferably someone whose strengths are more in his own end than rushing the puck.

Available: anyone not named Eichel, ROR, or Ristolainen. Even for an elite guy, it would likely become a zero sum game for us if any of those players were going the other way.

Any ideas out there? Any possibilities at least?

So you want a young, #1LHD and those are your untouchables?
Right. So you're looking at Reinhart + Nylander + unprotected 2017 1st as a starting point?

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
So you want a young, #1LHD and those are your untouchables?
Right. So you're looking at Reinhart + Nylander + unprotected 2017 1st as a starting point?

You're funny if you think that package would be offered for anything less then an OEL type of player. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad