JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
doubtful CBJ would move Murray,
they likely would consider offering david savard for cap reasons,
but he shoots R

Actually with the emergence of Werenski, Murray could be considered more "available" than Savard. Not much depth on the right side of the blue line when compared to the left. Murray for Reinhart would be something to think about for both teams.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Wouldn't CBJ just prefer to wait until Jack Johnson's contract expires after another season, and then keep both Murray and Werenski?

I would like to see about Brodin in the summer, or look for an upgrade to Franson at 3RHD. I think for now that TM is happy to re-sign Kulikov and go with McCabe in the top-four, as long as Gorges-Franson isn't an actual pair.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Wouldn't CBJ just prefer to wait until Jack Johnson's contract expires after another season, and then keep both Murray and Werenski?

I would like to see about Brodin in the summer, or look for an upgrade to Franson at 3RHD. I think for now that TM is happy to re-sign Kulikov and go with McCabe in the top-four, as long as Gorges-Franson isn't an actual pair.

Ofcourse they would prefer that, but the only glaring hole on the team is at 1C, and dealing Murray is our best bet at filling that hole considering how deep our blue line is at the left side. Anyways, that's just my thought process for offering Murray for Reinhart.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm sure Buffalo would trade for the right deal. But it would have to be the right deal. Like a Trouba or Rielly type guy coming back.

TBH I would consider a Rielly for A. Nylander type of deal. But feel like BUF would have to add a bit. Rielly is more of a proven commodity.

Maybe Guhle? Or Ruhwedel?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

The time to make a deal for Brodin or Scandella is BEFORE the expansion draft. Afterwards, there will be no incentive to trade him, excerpt for the proverbial overpayment.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Ofcourse they would prefer that, but the only glaring hole on the team is at 1C, and dealing Murray is our best bet at filling that hole considering how deep our blue line is at the left side. Anyways, that's just my thought process for offering Murray for Reinhart.

Murray doesn't get you a 1C, and Reinhart likely isn't a 1C anyway. I think you'd be better off keeping a solid Dcorps and getting a 1C the old fashioned way...in the draft.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
The time to make a deal for Brodin or Scandella is BEFORE the expansion draft. Afterwards, there will be no incentive to trade him, excerpt for the proverbial overpayment.

I mean if Reinhart is the asking price that's a pretty easy no from Buffalo. Now if Las Vegas takes one of them and is willing to deal one of them for futures then that might be a win win for both clubs.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

So Buffalo should trade for him and then have a logjam themselves? Minny still needs a RW before or after expansion, but I don't see why they trade Brodin in a playoff season just to prepare for the expansion draft.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So Buffalo should trade for him and then have a logjam themselves? Minny still needs a RW before or after expansion, but I don't see why they trade Brodin in a playoff season just to prepare for the expansion draft.

With Eichel and Reinhart exempt, would they not be open to the 8 skater protection?

O'Reilly
Okposo
Girgensons
Risto
Bogosian
Kulikov
New LD
Kane/Ennis/Larsson/McCabe

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So the Leafs, a team also rebuilding, trades their only top pairing D, who is 22, to a division rival, and adds a first + one of their key vets, and in return they get another young F (Who has struggled), another #5 D and a 2nd?

I'm interested in hearing how this makes sense for Toronto?

Komarov is a key vet and Kulikov is a #5 dman ahahahaha.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With Eichel and Reinhart exempt, would they not be open to the 8 skater protection?

O'Reilly
Okposo
Girgensons
Risto
Bogosian
Kulikov
New LD
Kane/Ennis/Larsson/McCabe

No....

If they were protecting 8.,,

1, ROR
2. Ozk
3. Risto
4. New lhd
5. McCabe
6. Bogo
7. Larson/Girgensons
8. Larsson/Girgs/Kane/Ennis/Foligno

Kuiikov likely remains unsigned with a deal in place yo sign him after the expansion draft. Hey sign him, they likely expose bogosian.

They try to get moulson or Ennis taking in the expansion draft because that will free up $4.6M+ in cap space to keep someone else.

As for the OP....buffalo dies not need a top LHD...they just need A decent top 4 LHD.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
No....

If they were protecting 8.,,

1, ROR
2. Ozk
3. Risto
4. New lhd
5. McCabe
6. Bogo
7. Larson/Girgensons
8. Larsson/Girgs/Kane/Ennis/Foligno

Kuiikov likely remains unsigned with a deal in place yo sign him after the expansion draft. Hey sign him, they likely expose bogosian.

They try to get moulson or Ennis taking in the expansion draft because that will free up $4.6M+ in cap space to keep someone else.

As for the OP....buffalo dies not need a top LHD...they just need A decent top 4 LHD.

Bogosian has nmc so he can't be exposed if I remember correctly.

The Sabres need a 4/5 rhd. Bogosian is always hurt. Franson sucks. Nelson isn't ready. The left side is fine with Kulikov, McCabe, and Gorges. Bylsma just needs to play them proper minutes.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bogosian has nmc so he can't be exposed if I remember correctly.

The Sabres need a 4/5 rhd. Bogosian is always hurt. Franson sucks. Nelson isn't ready. The left side is fine with Kulikov, McCabe, and Gorges. Bylsma just needs to play them proper minutes.

Gorges stinks, even if he was playing a 3rd pairing role. He gets caved in by all of his competition. He's now losing more one-on-one battles and he may have some of the worst puck skills in the NHL - plays go to die on his stick. He's as big a liability as Buffalo has.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Gorges stinks, even if he was playing a 3rd pairing role. He gets caved in by all of his competition. He's now losing more one-on-one battles and he may have some of the worst puck skills in the NHL - plays go to die on his stick. He's as big a liability as Buffalo has.

You're not seriously suggesting Gorges playing 15 minutes a night on 3rd pair is worse than Franson ?

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012

Or even Nelson at this point

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Gorges and franson are both good candidates for Europe when their contracts expire. Nelson is a minor league player in an organization that has prioritized defense dead last and can't fill the roster with baseline competence.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Are you sure about this? When has this question ever really been answered?

Murray said that they didn't have any NMC that he knew of (this was prior to the Okposo signing).

I doubt he wouldn't know if the Sabres had filed the paperwork to allow Bogo to keep the NMC.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Murray said that they didn't have any NMC that he knew of (this was prior to the Okposo signing).

I doubt he wouldn't know if the Sabres had filed the paperwork to allow Bogo to keep the NMC.

I don't. This seems like some fuzzy guess work. I think it's safer to say we really just don't know if he has a NMC at this point.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm sure Buffalo would trade for the right deal. But it would have to be the right deal. Like a Trouba or Rielly type guy coming back.

Regardless of the add, there is no way the Leafs would trade Rielly to Buffalo. Could you imagine facing a future top-pairing of Risto and Rielly in your division?
Suicide.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
TBH I would consider a Rielly for A. Nylander type of deal. But feel like BUF would have to add a bit. Rielly is more of a proven commodity.

Maybe Guhle? Or Ruhwedel?

We're giving away our best defenceman for another forward? Our defence is bad enough already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad