Proposal: 1LD to Buffalo

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Hanifin for Reinhart is sounding like the best potential deal out there at the moment. Came up in another thread.

After that maybe Brodin.

I don't think Rielly is really available. The Leafs don't have the depth behind him to really consider anything on even "fair value" terms.

Tanev is obviously highly valuable, but I don't know that we're the highest bidder for a RHD. Just not our largest need.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd be open to a Sam for Hanifan swap but would love to see it turn into a bigger deal with Lindholm going along with hanifan to replace Sam. It keeps a strong center spine intact with Eichel. ROR, Lindholm, Girgensons, Larsson as options even if Lindholm's offense is beginning to stall out a bit he is still a good 2-way player

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Yeah so terrible...and not even the courtesy of he 1st round pick next year it's a 2018...oh wait

Are you trying to say this is good for the Leafs? Dear lord take off your homer goggles. Reinhart has been garbage as per your teams fans this year. He can bounce back but has ALWAYS had the same question marks that are rearing their head AGAIN.

This means he is not a sure thing. The Leafs, whose only top pairing D is Rielly, who is 22, on a rebuilding team, downgrade to at best a #4 D on a contender, and then move their first for a 2nd?

Who is going to play defense for the Leafs? No one, and that 2018 pick will be top 5. Komarov is a good vet for the kids and for a team like the Leafs with minimal vets, he is needed for now.

Not only is the value off, but the need is the furthest thing from the Leafs.

To top this all off, the leafs are going to solve another rebuilding team IN THEIR DIVISION's defense problems?

Dear lord dude.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Usually fantastic, among one of the best in the league, but not as of recently. Also there's no way I'm open for that. Brodie and Backlund for Ristolainen and Reinhart I'm open to.

Haha. I'm sure you would be open to that.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Haha. I'm sure you would be open to that.

I assume you are a Buffalo fan? Brodie is off to a slow start and is no doubt better than Ristolainen. Yes Reinhart is far better than Backlund, however Backlund is in his prime and is criminally underrated. The value favours the Flames, but not by an insane amount.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No....

If they were protecting 8.,,

1, ROR
2. Ozk
3. Risto
4. New lhd
5. McCabe
6. Bogo
7. Larson/Girgensons
8. Larsson/Girgs/Kane/Ennis/Foligno

Kuiikov likely remains unsigned with a deal in place yo sign him after the expansion draft. Hey sign him, they likely expose bogosian.

They try to get moulson or Ennis taking in the expansion draft because that will free up $4.6M+ in cap space to keep someone else.

As for the OP....buffalo dies not need a top LHD...they just need A decent top 4 LHD.

I thought Bogosian had an NMC , so he had to be protected, or was that clause nullified when he accepted a trade to BUF?

Yeah, Kulikov would be exposed under that scenario.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey, hey, hey.
Habs were here first.
Get in line.

Yeah, but the Sabres actually might have something valuable to offer in return rather than the inevitable Scherbak, Andrighetto, etc. Gallagher is untouchable, blah, blah, blah...

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Are you trying to say this is good for the Leafs? Dear lord take off your homer goggles. Reinhart has been garbage as per your teams fans this year. He can bounce back but has ALWAYS had the same question marks that are rearing their head AGAIN.

This means he is not a sure thing. The Leafs, whose only top pairing D is Rielly, who is 22, on a rebuilding team, downgrade to at best a #4 D on a contender, and then move their first for a 2nd?

Who is going to play defense for the Leafs? No one, and that 2018 pick will be top 5. Komarov is a good vet for the kids and for a team like the Leafs with minimal vets, he is needed for now.

To top this all off, the leafs are going to solve another rebuilding team IN THEIR DIVISION's defense problems?

Dear lord dude.

Reinhart has been garbage? Anyone who has said Reinhart has been garbage this year either is on drugs or not watching Sabres games objectively. Reinhart's lack of strength is a weakness for sure. But his playmaking is still as high end as it gets. The dude is going to be good for a long time. I'm in trade him for nothing camp.

Kulikov is a great #4 on any team in the NHL. A solid #3 on any team in the NHL. And would be a #2 on at least a few NHL teams.

Honestly with your assessment you either don't watch the Sabres or are wearing the Homer glasses or both.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I assume you are a Buffalo fan? Brodie is off to a slow start and is no doubt better than Ristolainen. Yes Reinhart is far better than Backlund, however Backlund is in his prime and is criminally underrated. The value favours the Flames, but not by an insane amount.

Yes, it is an insane amount.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
To the OP.

I understand you want to improve your team. Trades are not supposed to 'improve' your team via better talent. Its supposed to make both teams DIFFERENT which is what improves both teams.

You cant ask for a young 20-23 year old 1D .............and expect not to give up Risto or ROR . We had to give up Taylor Hall for Larsson.

Teams arent interested in trading their 1D . Go ask the Avs what they want to get Zadorov back. They wont even take ROR straight up for him.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012

Yeah age is major factor. As in the Sabres players are considerably younger and there for more valuable. Brodie is better right now.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
To the OP.

I understand you want to improve your team. Trades are not supposed to 'improve' your team via better talent. Its supposed to make both teams DIFFERENT which is what improves both teams.

You cant ask for a young 20-23 year old 1D .............and expect not to give up Risto or ROR . We had to give up Taylor Hall for Larsson.

Teams arent interested in trading their 1D . Go ask the Avs what they want to get Zadorov back. They wont even take ROR straight up for him.

Now this is ridiculous. Avs fans would take ROR back for Zadorov straight up and then run away laughing. Just Ridiculous

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
To the OP.

And yet here we are with several viable principles on the table around other pieces. Thanks for informing us that these conversations are in our imaginations?

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010

Dear lord dude.

The bolded are downright false.

The leafs shouldn't trade away Reilly because, as you have pointed out, you have no one else to fill that role even remotely so in general you are correct. They also have no need for Reinhart; not that he wouldn't be welcomed with open arms but there isn't a need there. Especially at the cost of Reilly.

But don't tell other fans to take off their homer goggles when yours have apparently been surgically implanted.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I will never understand why Sabres fans are so eagerly willing to trade Sam Reinhart. IMHO, he's an un touchable along with Eichel, O'Reilly, and Risto. I'd be willing to trade this years first, NYLANDER, and someone like Fasching for a LHD.

None of what your offering is going to land you a young top pairing guy. Best to draft your own.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
To the OP.

I wouldn't take zadorov back for ROR and I wanted to draft him 8 over Risto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad