Proposal: 1LD to Buffalo

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Looking for a first-pairing LD, preferably someone in the age range of our core, preferably someone whose strengths are more in his own end than rushing the puck.

Available: anyone not named Eichel, ROR, or Ristolainen. Even for an elite guy, it would likely become a zero sum game for us if any of those players were going the other way.

Any ideas out there? Any possibilities at least?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Seeing as Buffalo core is in their young 20's im gonna say you are not going to find anything.

I mean take a step back and ask yourself why would you trade a top pairing D in their early 20s?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm not even sure if there's a second pairing LD available on the market at the moment. Currently, it looks it's just Trouba and probably Shattenkirk - both RHD, and a few rental, spare part types. That's not even getting into that top pairing guys are almost never dealt, so I don't think you'll find many responses.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Nylander is our only A prospect on wing. As he is in the AHL as an 18 year old just drafted it is tough to get a read and will probably be difficult for most of the season.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Something around Ryan Murray for Sam Reinhart?

Yuck. Would much rather have Reinhart in the fold.
How does Buffalo value Nylander?
I wouldn't say he's some sacred cow or anything, but his speed and skill are something we sorely lack. If we're talking about Brodin or Scandella in return, the value is close, but i'd rather just keep Nylander.
I'm sure Buffalo would trade for the right deal. But it would have to be the right deal. Like a Trouba or Rielly type guy coming back.
Absolutely, but those type of defenseman are going to demand a premium in return, we'd be adding significantly to Nylander in a deal for a defenseman of that ilk.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Prob tough to find 1, best bet was prob Fowler at the draft. I think people underestimate the d market and the price you must pay for good dmen.

I think buffalo is in a position where they should be able to get a good draft pick and draft some dmen.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Rielly + Komarov + 2018 1st for Reinhart + Kulikov + 2017 2nd

Both sides will probably hate it though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Tough to get one of those ,just stay the course Buffalo .Burning huge assets ,isnt something you guys should do ,considering how hard the injury bug has ravaged your team .Maybe look to draft one

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
A package for giordano might include

-fasching/ bailey
-pysyk/ mccabe
-1st/ ennis

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Probably the best deal to be had. There aren't exactly a lot of young dmen with top pairing potential available. Larsson cost Edmonton Hall, so Reinhart for Murray probably isn't far off

I like Larsson a lot, but Edmonton overpaid in that deal. I'd prefer my GM not do the same. Although Murray has no problem overpaying for a player he covets, so I wouldn't ever say the possibility of moving Reinhart is completely off the table. I do think we could do better than Murray if we decided to move Reinhart.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I like Larsson a lot, but Edmonton overpaid in that deal. I'd prefer my GM not do the same. Although Murray has no problem overpaying for a player he covets, so I wouldn't ever say the possibility of moving Reinhart is completely off the table. I do think we could do better than Murray if we decided to move Reinhart.
Thats the thing...Edmonton needed a top 4 dman and very few were available. The market varies from deal to deal. Given how good Edmonton looks....thats a deal that seemed to work out. Sometimes you have to pay to get the players you want. Sure you can refuse to overpay, but you may never fill a hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad