Value of: 1b goalie to Calgary

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Happy new year everyone!

The Flames are doing quite alright, but we could have a better record if Smith didn’t lose us a few of games this season (lost count). With that said, are there any sellers that has a 1b goalie to tag team with Rittich? Rittich isn’t a bonafide #1 starting goalie, but he sure plays a lot better than Smith. We need someone that either has an expiring contract for this year or a multi year one at a decent cap hit.

Flames can’t afford a high priced goalie with the Tkachuk raise coming up.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
To Calgary: Hudon + McCarron + Niemi + 2nd Rounder + 5th Rounder
To Montreal: Kylington + Bennett + Mike Smith + 4th Rounder

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
To Calgary: Hudon + McCarron + Niemi + 2nd Rounder + 5th Rounder
To Montreal: Kylington + Bennett + Mike Smith + 4th Rounder

I wouldnt want Niemi even if he comes free. Worst goalie in the league.

He is one of the very few that I would prefer Smith over.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
I wouldnt want Niemi even if he comes free. Worst goalie in the league.

He is one of the very few that I would prefer Smith over.
How about Lindgren ? good upside and a future nhl goalie . Niemi is much better than Smith and at a much cheaper contract. Perfect 1B goalie and has great experience to mentor Rittich. Only reason he is poor this year is because of Montreals D-corps. Watch him last night to see what he can do even with poor defence. The rest of the trade is complete fair value

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How about Lindgren ? good upside and a future nhl goalie . Niemi is much better than Smith and at a much cheaper contract. Perfect 1B goalie and has great experience to mentor Rittich. Only reason he is poor this year is because of Montreals D-corps. Watch him last night to see what he can do even with poor defence. The rest of the trade is complete fair value

Do you know what a 1B means? It's not your garbage back up or AHL goalie.

Flames already have those

Reactions: TS Quint

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
Thats horrible...
Hudon has more offensive upside than Bennett, just take a look at last year. Hudon had more points than Bennett and this year he isnt getting much of a look in as Montreal is stacked with depth forwards. Put this guy in a middle 6 role on Calgary with your top forwards and he can produce more than bennett would and at a cheaper contract. Kylington is unproven and frankly is starting to look like a bust, he would be a redeeming project on Montreal. McCarron is also a redemption project for Calgary but he is doing well in the AHL this year and is still young. Finally, Niemi > Smith in terms of experience and contract. He is on the same tier as Smith this year playing behind a poor defence. Not to mention this trade is throwing in a 2nd and a 5th rounder compared to a 4th from calgary.

Hudon + 5th > Bennett
Niemi > Smith
McCaron + 2nd > Kylington + 4th

steal for calgary, but helps both clubs out

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
Do you know what a 1B means? It's not your garbage back up or AHL goalie.

Flames already have those
Lindgren is NHL ready and can definitely do better than both Smith and Niemi. Many montreal fans want him with the big club right now instead of Niemi. I'm just trying to provide fair value, Niemi or Lindgren in this trade would provide fair value

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
How is Kylington looking like a bust? He’s playing regularly on the bottom pairing and doing decently.

And the Flames can’t afford to deal Bennett. The scoring may not be there, but he’s an excellent two-way player now and has developed into a bit of a physical presence.

All the Flames need is a 1B. They’re not going to give up significant on-ice assets for that.

Reactions: tmurfin

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
lol Kylington a bust? He's NHL ready as it is, the only thing keeping him out of the lineup full time is Calgary's depth, namely Valimaki

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’ve always maintained that Varlamov would look really good in Calgary.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
How is Kylington looking like a bust? He’s playing regularly on the bottom pairing and doing decently.

And the Flames can’t afford to deal Bennett. The scoring may not be there, but he’s an excellent two-way player now and has developed into a bit of a physical presence.

All the Flames need is a 1B. They’re not going to give up significant on-ice assets for that.
he is definitely physical, but both McCarron and Hudon are physical as well and would make up for it and would provide the scoring that bennett provides as well. Regarding kylington, he is clearly not going to become an offensive dynamo. He plays around 10 minutes a night, puts up no points and is playing behind valimaki who is younger and better. Kylington is at best a #5 defenseman and calgary is too loaded up top to play him. Give him to montreal where he may be able to get more minutes, but most likely he also gets bottom pairing minutes

Dale Best Goalie

In Prust We Trust
Sep 12, 2017
Pittsburgh
Hudon has more offensive upside than Bennett, just take a look at last year. Hudon had more points than Bennett and this year he isnt getting much of a look in as Montreal is stacked with depth forwards. Put this guy in a middle 6 role on Calgary with your top forwards and he can produce more than bennett would and at a cheaper contract. Kylington is unproven and frankly is starting to look like a bust, he would be a redeeming project on Montreal. McCarron is also a redemption project for Calgary but he is doing well in the AHL this year and is still young. Finally, Niemi > Smith in terms of experience and contract. He is on the same tier as Smith this year playing behind a poor defence. Not to mention this trade is throwing in a 2nd and a 5th rounder compared to a 4th from calgary.

Hudon + 5th > Bennett
Niemi > Smith
McCaron + 2nd > Kylington + 4th

steal for calgary, but helps both clubs out
I'm a habs fan. Saying that Hudon has more offensive upside than Bennett is delusional. Stop making things harder for the rest of us. Have you seen Hudon skate?

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
I'm a habs fan. Saying that Hudon has more offensive upside than Bennett is delusional. Stop making things harder for the rest of us. Have you seen Hudon skate?
Look at the points , as a rookie hudon had more points than in any of bennett's seasons including Bennett's projected stats this year. Just because montreal doesnt play hudon and his skating isnt perfect doesnt mean he doesnt have more offensive potential than bennett. I guarantee that if hudon plays bennett's minutes in calgary, he outscores him immensely. im not saying hudon is the better player, but he is the better scorer and my trade proposal is extremely fair value, in fact calgary may be getting the better end of the deal.

Noisia

Oct 30, 2018
Give Smith a chance in the New Year as the 1B, if he doesnt perform well, trade a pick/prospect/or maybe even a waiver pick up.

No point to do it right now.

Reactions: Rockmorton

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Look at the points , as a rookie hudon had more points than in any of bennett's seasons including Bennett's projected stats this year. Just because montreal doesnt play hudon and his skating isnt perfect doesnt mean he doesnt have more offensive potential than bennett. I guarantee that if hudon plays bennett's minutes in calgary, he outscores him immensely. im not saying hudon is the better player, but he is the better scorer and my trade proposal is extremely fair value, in fact calgary may be getting the better end of the deal.

Thanks for the new year funny post

Keep hudon if he is better

Bennett may not be scoring but he is generating chances and keep the other team honest. Great guy to have on the team. There is no way they trade him for a scrub

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
Thanks for the new year funny post

Keep hudon if he is better

Bennett may not be scoring but he is generating chances and keep the other team honest. Great guy to have on the team. There is no way they trade him for a scrub
How is hudon a scrub if he is proven to be the better offensive talent? We need a bennett, you dont need him. calgary is too stacked at this point, help another canadian team out

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How is hudon a scrub if he is proven to be the better offensive talent? We need a bennett, you dont need him. calgary is too stacked at this point, help another canadian team out
Probably not worth responding but Bennett is producing little and it is still a lot better than hudon this year

NHL is not a charity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad